Agilus Work Solutions Employee Reviews about "talentcor"

Updated Nov 11, 2019

Found 10 of over 133 reviews

4.1
Agilus Work Solutions Chief Executive Officer  Craig Brown (no image)
Craig Brown
Pros
  • "Work life balance is important and recognized(in 7 reviews)

• "The junior recruiter was a good and understanding guy; work environment was okay(in 6 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Nothing negative to say about Talentcor(in 8 reviews)

• "Senior management doesn't like to roll up their sleeves and go find business opportunity to their teams(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "talentcor"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work!

Aug 23, 2018 - Marketing & Communications
      Business Outlook

Pros

Talentcor is a great place to work. They value work/life balance, offer a great benefits program and continuously encourage your professional growth and development. The atmosphere is positive and friendly, with a supportive staff and management team that will encourage you to share your experiences and are open to listening to your ideas.

Cons

Nothing negative to say about Talentcor.

Agilus Work Solutions Response

Employer Representative

Thank you for your positive review! We are pleased that you enjoy professional development and growth in your role. New ideas are always welcome as the world of work continues to change at a very rapid pace.

2. 1.0
      Former Freelancer

Consistently bad information given to candidates - No accountability taken - Time wasted and opportunities lost

Nov 11, 2019 - Contractor in London, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

The only reason that I gave this agency one star above was because no stars was not an option.

Cons

It's crazy how often people write about how important it is for companies to embody empathy these days considering how few seem to be able to produce even a shred of it, particularly when they've screwed up. First of all, I wish to make clear that I have never been an employee of Talentcor / Agilus (London, Ontario office) nor have I ever been placed by them, but I was presented by them to be interviewed for two contract roles, both of which they mismanaged egregiously. I will never work with this agency or their recruiters again, nor will I ever recommend that anyone I know and value professionally should work with them as their client (read: product). In my first engagement with this firm, the recruiter quite specifically told me that she was the one-woman gateway into getting candidates jobs at a large, London-based multinational. While this agency is most definitely a dedicated partner in fielding all of this (massive) partner's contract roles, this woman's personal claim was a stretching of the truth, to say the least. My second engagement with Talentcor / Agilus came nearly one and a half years later, for a 'Supervisor' role at this same company. The recruiter made clear that this 'Supervisor' role was a team-lead position, had me revamp my cover letter to leverage and exemplify my expertise in team leadership and team-building - those particular professional stories - in order to successfully position myself for the role. They also told me to prepare to talk about those experiences. I booked the time off, rented a car and went in for my interview. The client team members I met were friendly and informative, but cut me off about ten minutes into my opening saying "You know this isn't a leadership role right??" What's more, they made clear that the role was going to expected to run around, wearing multiple hats, taking as much off of the plates of the members of another person's team. Talk about not being set up for success. I had to actually go in to Talentcor / Agilus (twice) to figure out how they had gotten the role's requirements to backwards. They're not so good at replying to candidate phone calls and emails. The recruiter - who I have since discovered was fired from a previous role for consistently producing nothing but excuses - told me that she had emailed me back, saying only that her client was going in another direction (because obviously after that). I never found this email in my spam folder or otherwise, so I expect this was another of her renowned excuses. I suggested to her that a phone call would have been more professional, given the circumstances, and I again demanded some explanation as to how Talentcor / Agilus got wires so badly crossed with their client. They blamed their client no less than three times in this meeting, saying that their client had given them bad information. They didn't offer to clear things up with the client. They offered me no transparency, showed no accountability, and couldn't even apologize for wasting my time by sending me in to get interviewed for what felt like the wrong job. Contrary to this agency's 'advice' I contacted the client's HR division and lodged a complaint, telling them that I'd never work with their recruitment partner again.

3. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Poor place to work

Aug 29, 2019 - Associate Recruiter in Dartmouth, NS
      Business Outlook

Pros

None that I can think of.

Cons

The many downsides of working at Talentcor include but are not limited to: -Poor commissions - Managers will steal the good candidates and submit for their own commissions -Gossipy and badmouthing are frequent amongst managers and their "best friends" IE- THEIR manager. -Poor communication - Managers will often hide details and leave you in the dark to guess. Especially to new employees. - Lonely environment - most people keep their doors shut and keep their heads down and work. No collaboration amongst team members. -Poor company in general - could not afford advertising so I had to drive around town for 3 hours in the rain and post flyers on bus stops/ terminals/telephone poles - which you know will be torn down as soon as you walk away. No money for advertising. The particular jobs you are hiring for, are so low in pay that you end up hiring the most unqualified people to do a dangerous job. Even seen people hurt on the job because I was forced to send someone in who physically could not do the job, but if they didn't do - it would be "my head on a stick. " - exact phrasing from manager Breaks - everyone brags about how they are actually going to take a lunch today but then say "you HAVE to take a break", so you feel like a slacker and end up eating alone at your desk.

3 people found this review helpful
    4. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Mixed bag/management cult

Jul 31, 2019 - Account Manager in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Talentcor has some excellent clients and excellent recruiters. For the most part management is too busy avoiding real work to manage anyone, so there can be a tremendous amount of autonomy if you work responsibly. Work/life balance can be good.

Cons

Senior management is profoundly incompetent. At Talentcor, customers are not the top priority - management is. Some are decent but generally speaking they limit their involvement to ego-enhancing activities like retreats and workshops. They seldom participate in anything that impacts the business in order to avoid responsibility for failure. Communication with staff is non-existent - ownership encourages a culture of elitism. If you are OK with participating in the fantasy that management is playing 7D chess, you'll do fine. If you recognize the reality that they are bumbling fools, you won't last. They love yes men and women.

5 people found this review helpful
    5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Account Manager

Aug 22, 2018 - Account Manager in Calgary, AB
      Business Outlook

Pros

Endless opportunities for developing business, management gives you the flexibility to define your role and tailors your career to your skill set. Great management, positive workplace, collaborative, beautiful office.

Cons

Very competitive industry, however Talentcor has developed a fantastic reputation in the industry and is considered a go to resource for any hiring needs.

Agilus Work Solutions Response

Employer Representative

Thank you for your positive review. We are pleased that you feel that your skillsets are being utilized in an effective way. Our reputation is made by the experiences that our candidates, colleagues and clients experience every day. We thank you and your team for providing a great company experience in Calgary.

6. 1.0
      Current Contractor

Watch out YOu will be treated Like TRASH !!

Sep 10, 2018 - Anonymous Contractor
      Business Outlook

Pros

none most of the companies talentcor hires you for are more then happy to hire you direct at a much higher pay

Cons

they told me they would pay me every week after 2 weeks of working 12 hour shifts all night I did not receive , I called the week previous to get proper tax forms as they did not give me the forms when I was hired and to get my employee number to check my pay online they said someone would call me back and they never did . Then no pay came , after working all night I had to stay up all day continuously calling them to get my pay I asked for my employee number and once again was refused , I asked her why she did not give me by now the proper tax forms by now and she was extremely rude to me saying most of the kinds of people she deals with dont bother with that . In actuallity most people dont know that they are not suppose to be getting so much tax taken off a minimum wage job and unless you ask for the proper tax forms they will not give it . Anyways it is 3 weeks later and I received the tax form but no explaination as to why I was not paid only told I would be paid the following week . That is not what I agreed to when I signed the paperwork . Talentcor is a scam and will treat you like you are dirt .

7. 1.0
      Former Contractor

No help at all

Mar 31, 2016 - Anonymous Contractor
      Business Outlook

Pros

A pro would be that they are an agency... So I guess they'll match you with jobs that might not be found otherwise...

Cons

My talentcor agent NEVER replied to my emails... and he only ever contacted me about 2 jobs. When i emailed him back..... NO REPLY. This was my first experience with an agency and surely my last. I found a job on my own.

8. 1.0
      Former Contractor, more than 5 years

Temporary Administrative Positions

Feb 22, 2016 - Anonymous Contractor in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

They were personable and seemed interested in helping me find work. They offered advice on improving my resume. The interviewing and signing up process wasn't too strenuous.

Cons

I was hopeful at the beginning with Talentcor. But they were only able to get me one very short assignment that was suitable. They would offer one day gigs with no notice in locations they knew I couldn't access. They sent me to a very dysfunctional/toxic and understaffed company where I was very unhappy working. They didn't really seem to care about finding the right fit for me but were more concerned about finding a 'body' for their client.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee

Branch Manager

Nov 26, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

What an experience to be part of a company that enables employees from coast to coast to work together for one common goal “Client Service”. The continual growth of our market is the ultimate proof that what we offer to our clients is nothing but first class service but most importantly the services we provide are satisfying their needs so they can grow in their field. For me Talentcor is the mark that other companies should endeavor to become.

Cons

Nothing that I can think right now.

10. 5.0
      Former Contractor, more than 3 years

My Guardian Angels

Dec 1, 2014 - Receptionist in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lorri Sumner and the staff of Talentcor kept me working when everyone else claimed there wasn't any work available for me. I had such a hard time in Toronto but Lorri was always there for me. Bless her heart.

Cons

There were no cons, other than not having been able to procure a full-time job.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 10 English Reviews