Agility PR Solutions Reviews

Updated Nov 16, 2021

Found 61 of over 62 reviews

4.3
Agility PR Solutions Chief Executive Officer Martin Lyster (no image)
Martin Lyster
Pros
  • "Agility has been an amazing company to work for(in 8 reviews)

• "Work-life balance is as good as it can be(in 5 reviews)

• Cons
  • "With any new growing team there are growing pains(in 4 reviews)

• "Company was renamed to Agility PR which was the company that MediaMiser purchased earlier in the year(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

229 Comments

Tech

85.3K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.ca&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Agility PR Solutions~919032
    Join the conversation on
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work that rewards your efforts.

Nov 2, 2021 - Account Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people make Agility PR what it is. I have always enjoyed the approach leadership takes from the top down in my nearly 3 years with the company. They invest a lot of time in you and genuinely seem to want everyone to succeed. A lot of sales and product training is available and the more tenured employees are very easy to approach and learn from. Product development / engineering is equally approachable which is not always the case in a SaaS environment. This is a boon for sales. If you put in the effort and have an interest in Public Relations / Communications you will thrive here.

Cons

Historically there hasn't been much focus on career advancement and vertical movement within the sales organization. A big push/effort is being made here, however, as the company is expanding and going through significant growth. They have noticed and things look very promising in the near term.

Be the first to find this review helpful
    2. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Poor management structure

Sep 13, 2021 - Sales Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice coworkers, flexibility and remote work.

Cons

Management thinks you’re saving lives with this software. It’s PR software - Obviously very commoditized, but like many sales organizations they’ll try to explain that their software will tackle specific business problems of a customer in a manner somehow different than their identical competitors.

Be the first to find this review helpful
    3. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Worst company ever

Jun 18, 2021 - Senior Account Executive in Ottawa, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

there is nothing good about this company

Cons

Everything about this company is terrible

1 person found this review helpful

Director, Human Resources

We appreciate you going to the effort of posting a review on your employment experience. It’s disheartening to hear that you did not leave with a positive view of Agility PR Solutions and the team. We strive to provide a welcoming workplace that is constructive and rewarding, so it’s discouraging that this was not your experience with us. Working at Agility is not a fit for everyone, so we try our best to find people well suited to the roles and culture of the company. The aim of our selection process, onboarding, and ongoing employee training programs is to ensure great alignment for new Agility team members. We regret that the resources we provided were not satisfactory for the time you hoped to have. Good luck in your next role and best wishes for your career.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Overall a great place to work

May 12, 2020 - Digital Marketing Manager in Ottawa, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

A reasonably flat org structure makes it easy to implement new ideas. Everyone in the company is supportive of everyone else, there is definitely a great team mentality. Work-life balance is as good as it can be. Overall it's a great place to work.

Cons

I honestly can't think of any significant cons. In the past departments tended to stick to themselves. Currently, with everyone working remotely, HR and senior management are doing a good job of keeping all of us informed.

3 people found this review helpful

Director, Human Resources

Thank you for sharing your experience at Agility PR Solutions. We’re very glad that you‘ve recognized the team-focused culture that we all work hard to strengthen. We’re pleased that you appreciate the creative and collaborative team at Agility PR Solutions. We are happy that you think it’s a great place to work, including a good work-life balance and regular communications. That's excellent feedback. We also understand that there’s room for us to improve, so we’re working hard to continue to provide transparent company communications, as well as more opportunities for individuals to reach their training and development goals to further their careers. Thank you for everything that you‘ve contributed to Agility PR Solutions. We look forward to your continued success. -Marcus, HR

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Smart Growth and Friendly Culture

Apr 28, 2020 - Marketing in Ottawa, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

All departments are treated like equal and valuable members of a team. Culture is welcoming with lots of effort made to recognize good work. Business decisions are based on data with long-term success in mind. Company measures up well against big competitors - clients often mention good product usability and strong customer service. Feel like my ideas are heard and treated as important. Appreciate seeing strong female representation at the executive level. Bonus: dog-friendly office makes for a nice environment!

Cons

The software and PR industries are fast paced, so projects do come up that require extra hours. Managers are reasonable about compensations for this.

Director, Human Resources

We are pleased that you took the time to submit your experience working with Agility PR Solutions – thank you. While there's still lots to work on, we are glad that you appreciate the equitable and professional atmosphere that are key to our work culture. We’re glad that you understand how decisions are being made by our leadership, and that you feel part of the team and our successes. We understand that working at Agility PR Solutions is not a fit for everyone (we work very hard, and require that every member of the team be incredibly agile and collaborative in what they do), so we are constantly working to ensure that everyone is equipped with the tools and resources (and time away from work) that they need to succeed in their role at Agility. It's encouraging to hear that you find your manager to be sensitive to your needs and supportive of your work potential. Thank you for being part of team that is shaping Agility PR Solutions as the best place possible to work! - Marcus, HR

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Time Management Pros

Apr 27, 2020 - Client Success Specialist in Ottawa, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Management is approachable and communication is excellent. Culture is positive and maintains accountability as everyone strives for excellence. Personal learning and development goals are supported and encouraged. Healthy Work-life balance is encouraged and supported (for real) by leaders and teams.

Cons

If you are a driving commuter parking is costly.

Director, Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience working with Agility PR Solutions. While we do have room to improve, we’re thrilled that you recognize how amazing our team is and see the value in a culture that is built on every individual’s well-being and on developing potential. The positive environment that we have collectively built at Agility is something we care about, too. While the city of Ottawa refines our public transit options, commuting can be a challenge. We do have several parking alternatives available within our community, so we hope you reach out to learn more about them. Thank you for sharing your feedback – we hope that you continue to contribute your perspective to our development. - Marcus, HR

7. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

WORST PLACE TO WORK EVER

Feb 3, 2020 - Customer Success in Ottawa, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

None at all. Complete chaos.

Cons

terrible coworkers, even worse management, nobody knows what they're doing, the job description did not match the day to day efforts of the job. Overall waste of time. and ridiculously long and pointless interview process.

1 person found this review helpful

Manager, Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience working with Agility PR Solutions. We are committed to creating a comfortable, transparent, and productive work environment for all our employees, so when we read your feedback, we were disappointed to hear that your experience while you worked with us was anything less. While we do not believe that your experience is the typical Agility PR Solutions employee experience, we have taken your feedback to heart and we are saddened to know that you have left with negative thoughts and feelings about our team. While we understand that working at Agility PR Solutions is not a fit for everyone (we work very hard, and require that every member of the team be incredibly agile and collaborative in what they do), we are constantly working to refine both our selection process, as well as our onboarding and training initiatives, to better identify great candidates for our team and to set them up with the tools and resources that they need to succeed in their role once they are part of Agility. We regret that our goal was not achieved in your case. Thank you for your feedback – we sincerely wish you a better fit in your next role, and all the best for your career. - Marcus, HR

8. 4.0

Solid Tech Company With Fantastic Work Life Balance

Nov 19, 2019 - Marketing
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Flexible work hours for office-time appointments, working from home etc. (this largely depends on your manager, but I think most are pretty good about this) - Very rare to work overtime/evenings etc. (again, this depends on your department, but in marketing it's almost never). Very good work-life balance. - Nice brightly lit office with lots of windows for natural light, and fairly open concept. - Location in very nice neighbourhood (Westboro) right next to transit way/LRT and overtop of a grocery store, gym, coffee shop, and daycare centre. -Monthly Lunch'n'Learns and lots of staff events and initiatives (potlucks, Christmas party, Summer BBQ, contests, raffles etc.) - Friendly leadership team

Cons

- Very few. I would say any that exist are common across all tech companies - As is common with most tech companies, there is a somewhat high turnover, particularly in sales. - As with most tech companies, there can be a lot of change, with staff, products, budgets etc. (although this isn't always a bad thing).

Manager, Human Resources

Thanks for your insights and shared experience about working with Agility PR Solutions. We're glad that you appreciate the flexible and balanced work life that you have here. We are pleased that you enjoy the bright offices that our team enjoys in Ottawa, as well. When it comes to change, we have some room to perfect our processes, which we must balance with staying agile and relevant in our competitive landscape. While we have lots to work on, we are happy to know that you take part in the social and community activities that we've worked hard to make part of our culture at Agility PR Solutions! - Marcus, HR

9. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great entry level position!

Jun 26, 2019 - Media Monitoring Specialist in Ottawa, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Start up feel, growing team, opportunity frequency.

Cons

If you don’t like early mornings, this isn’t for you.

Manager, Human Resources

We are pleased that you took the time to submit your experience working with Agility PR Solutions. – thank you. While we have things to work on, we are glad that while you worked with us you sensed the positive team energy and professional atmosphere that we've worked hard to make part of our workplace. It is true that we have a very hardworking Client Success team, and when it comes to early work hours, they have to shine bright and early! We understand that the demands of our early client deliverables can be a challenge that our bean-to-cup coffee machine, and some telecommuting days, help to offset the logistics of getting into the office early for that team. We appreciate everything that you did for Agility while you were here, and your feedback allows us to continue to work hard to make it the best place possible to work. -Marcus, HR

10. 5.0
      Current Employee

Interesting and challenging work

Jun 26, 2019 - Client Success
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company culture, awesome team.

Cons

Lots of work and compensation could be higher

Manager, Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience working with Agility PR Solutions. While we do have room to grow, we are delighted that you appreciate the amazing team that we work with every day, as well as positive environment that we have collectively built at Agility. We love it, too. When it comes to compensation, we determine our compensation levels based on several factors, including regular market analysis and internal equity. We are glad that you shared your feedback and hope that you continue to do so. -Marcus, HR

Viewing 1 - 10 of 61 Reviews