Aflac Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Updated Jan 10, 2020

3.7
Aflac Chairman and CEO Dan Amos
Dan Amos
Pros
  • "Very flexible schedule to allow me to help my kids when they need it(in 105 reviews)

• "You really can build your own business from the ground up with backing from a huge, great company(in 94 reviews)

Cons
  • "Sales in 100% commission based so if you are not financially stable this can be very difficult in the early days of creating a client base(in 154 reviews)

• "No base salary, income only achieved through sales(in 112 reviews)

"Great Company, Culture & Benefits"

Current Employee - Senior Fp&A Analyst in Columbus, GA

I have been working at Aflac full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I love working for Aflac! The culture here is great, and it really is about both the customer and the employees at the company. They take good care of you here and understand the work life balance, while providing great benefits.

Cons

Sometimes things can get really hectic, but it usually balances out.

Aflac2020-01-11
  2. "Excellent Flexibility"

Current Employee - Regional Recruiting Manager in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at Aflac part-time for more than a year

Pros

I love my job at Aflac because it provides me with a flexible work schedule allowing me to work around my college courses. Having the opportunity to advance myself through education and my professional life has been beyond beneficial to my young adult lifestyle. I also find myself constantly motivated to move forward because there is all the room in the world for growth and advancement in the company.

Cons

You will have to learn strong time management skills.

Advice to Management

The management at Ann Arbor Aflac is highly motivating and caring of your specific life goals.

Aflac2020-01-10

"Excellent Company"

Current Employee - Virtual Training Manager

I have been working at Aflac full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Out of all the companies I work for, Aflac really cares about its employees. They invest in employee appreciation activities for an entire week. Treats full-time and sales professionals with respect. The CEO, President, CFO, HR, Legal, VPs and Senior Leadership are vested in their employees. They even serve Thanksgiving Dinner. They don't think they are too big to engage with Associates at all levels. They are intentional about building relationships, understanding the employees' concerns and building a competitive workforce. They invest in employee development and competitive certifications to upskill Associates. They ensure employees are aware of changes and the why behind it. Excellent company compared to all companies I've worked for over the last 25 years.

Cons

Needs a global tuition tuition reimbursement program not just reimbursement from specified schools.

Advice to Management

Continue to stay connected to your employees and thank you for the investments you continue to make in the employees and the community.

Aflac2020-01-04

"Brutal start"

Current Employee - Insurance Producer in Lansing, MI

I have been working at Aflac full-time for less than a year

Pros

Career growth potential is amazing. There are a lot of great people to learn from and it really gives you a good start in sales if that's what you are looking for. There's no ceiling for how much you can make. Although extremely unlikely, it is technically possible to make six figures in your first couple of years. If you are someone who can really grind out long days and have no problem making 100+ cold calls a day, you will eventually find success here. As long as you have a pulse and no ego, you can really make something of yourself.

Cons

The legwork is absolutely brutal. There may be no limit to how much you can earn, but there's no floor under you either. There is no pay outside of commission earnings, even for training. Your first few days will be filled with door-to-door sales tactics and cold calls. Expect to earn nothing until you build a book of business. Even then, nothing is guaranteed. There is no safety net.

Aflac2020-01-08

"Have to work hard to get that $$$"

Current Employee - Benefits Specialist/Associate in Boise, ID

I have been working at Aflac full-time for less than a year

Pros

I am enjoying working for Aflac because I have a great regional manager and mostly amazing team full of support. I can work on my own time and get what I put into it.

Cons

There is no base salary, so what you put time into is what you get. At the same time, this can be motivating as well.

Advice to Management

My regional manager has to be one of the best around. He is a problem solver and creates an inspiring environment to ground our efforts. For example, merti gs are not just focused on $$$, but how many people we have helped...Love this! The only advice is to more carefully consider who is a DSC based on ethical behavior and professionalism rather than just sales if that is even the case.

Aflac2019-12-11
  6. "it was okay"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter

I have been working at Aflac full-time

Pros

fun environment and it wasnt bad

Cons

long hours and they were very long

Aflac2019-12-20

"This company has changed my life"

Current Employee - Benefits Consultant in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Aflac full-time for more than a year

Pros

They give you the ability to get paid your worth and to work when you want and with who you want. Right out of college, I was looking at careers that were going to pay me $30-40k when I just spent $50k+ on my education...that wasn't going to cut it. I always work hard, no matter what my position or title, so I want to be compensated that way. This company gave me the ability to be compensated fairly based on my work ethic. I also have had several opportunities to grow within the company and move into leadership. This company has changed my life and I wouldn't do anything different if I could.

Cons

The only con would be that I wish there were more opportunities to learn from agents nationwide on a more frequent basis.

Advice to Management

Don't ever get rid of the incentive trips! Some of the most fun I have had with this company has been on trips.

Aflac2019-11-12
  8. "MD"

Former Employee - Member Development in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Aflac part-time for more than a year

Pros

great place to work At

Cons

none That I can think of

Advice to Management

keep it up The great work

Aflac2019-12-10
  9. "Good people"

Former Employee - Insurance Producer in Rock Hill, SC

I worked at Aflac full-time for less than a year

Pros

Lots of training and good compensation

Cons

Lots of shuffling of positions

Advice to Management

Have a back up plan for when someone leaves a position

Aflac2019-12-09
  10. "Stressful.. but great pay and benefits"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Aflac full-time for less than a year

Pros

Benefits/pay; it’s nice to tell people you work for Aflac

Cons

Stressful, rushed training, contradicting management

Aflac2019-12-18