Aflac Benefits Consultant Reviews

Updated Jul 3, 2020

3.8
Aflac Chairman and CEO Dan Amos
Dan Amos
  1. "Good for driven self-starters that are willing to wait to start earning real money."

Former Contractor - Benefits Consultant in Charleston, SC

I worked at Aflac for less than a year

Pros

Great products. Great sales goal rewards.

Cons

Really hard to get started. Potential new client ls generally do not want to speak to insurance salespeople.

2. "Sales"

1.0
    Former Contractor - Benefits Consultant in Glastonbury, CT

I worked at Aflac for more than a year

Pros

Work life balance is good

Cons

poor compensation model and not a lot of training provided

3. "ok"

Current Contractor - Benefits Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Aflac for more than a year

Pros

its an okay job. nothin special

Cons

its just a regulare sales job

"Successful Career Opportunity!"

Current Contractor - Benefits Consultant in Crandon, WI

I have been working at Aflac for more than 8 years

Pros

Supportive, Training, Flexible, Motivating, Rewarding, Opportunity to grow...these are just a few words I can think of to describe how my career with Aflac has been so far. If you WANT to succeed with this company and are willing to work you WILL have a successful (professionally and financially) rewarding career for you and your family! I set my own schedule so it works great for me and my family!

Cons

The only thing I would change about my career with Aflac is I wish I would've started 10 years sooner!

"You can see the impact you have on the lives of the people you meet."

Current Contractor - Benefits Consultant in Appleton, WI

I have been working at Aflac for more than a year

Pros

The training available is unlimited and free! You can feel good about your career because you are truly helping people when they need it most.

Cons

You do start out cold calling. You need a thick skin and lots of drive to keep pushing forward.

Continue reading

"Aflac has been an amazing career for over 20+ years!"

4.0
    Current Contractor - Benefits Consultant in Wausau, WI

I have been working at Aflac for more than 10 years

Pros

Aflac has given me tons of income growth opportunities, as well as a lot of flexibility. I began my career straight out of college as an agent, and a few years later took on a leadership role . The first several years I saw significant double digit % income raises year after year. Many years later in my career when I decided to have children I was able to take off several months to spend with my babies. I chose later to step out of leadership. While my boys were little I had a lot of flexibility to create a schedule that made sense for our family, and worked mostly PT. As my boys grew older and both were in school, I then chose to go back into a leadership role again. You are rewarded directly in relation to your results, which is the only way I would ever want to be compensated. There is no cap where you can go financially. You are in control. Throughout my career I have been blessed to qualify for several amazing reward trips for hitting my goals as an agent, and as a leader. 20+ years later, I still love what I do. I am able to positively impact the businesses and people in my community. I get to serve others every day, during what often is some of the hardest times of their life due to unexpected accidents and illnesses. It is a great feeling to help others when they need it most.

Cons

We are in a very competitive industry, and it can take a bit of time to get a steady income initially.

"This company has changed my life"

Current Employee - Benefits Consultant in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Aflac full-time for more than a year

Pros

They give you the ability to get paid your worth and to work when you want and with who you want. Right out of college, I was looking at careers that were going to pay me $30-40k when I just spent $50k+ on my education...that wasn't going to cut it. I always work hard, no matter what my position or title, so I want to be compensated that way. This company gave me the ability to be compensated fairly based on my work ethic. I also have had several opportunities to grow within the company and move into leadership. This company has changed my life and I wouldn't do anything different if I could.

Cons

The only con would be that I wish there were more opportunities to learn from agents nationwide on a more frequent basis.

Continue reading

"Best Job Experience I've Had"

Current Contractor - Benefits Consultant in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Aflac for less than a year

Pros

The team environment is so supportive and they make sure that you are set up to succeed. They provide intensive and extensive training and you are never alone in the process no matter if you've worked there for 5 days or 5 years. I really enjoyed how they had an open door policy and I was never afraid to ask any question no matter how simple it was and I could always ask anyone in the office, the "rank" or seniority did not matter. Everyone pushes each other to be their best possible self. The compensation structure pushes you to work hard and hold yourself and those around you to a high standard. Everyone there truly cares about their clients and policy holders and they do everything they can to ensure 100% satisfaction.

Cons

Sometimes we would have too much fun!

9. "Great flexibility"

4.0
    Former Contractor - Benefit Consultant

I worked at Aflac

Pros

very flexible; good culture; work from home;

Cons

Low salary; hard to move up; rigid structure;

10. "Great Company to work for"

Current Contractor - Benefits Consultant in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at Aflac for less than a year

Pros

Unlimited opportunities with income. Mostly work from home. Set your own hours. Opportunity to establish relations with small business owners in your city. Leadership is energetic, supportive, and great to work for.

Cons

It is a challenging job. You need to have a lot of initiative and self discipline.

Found 133 reviews