Aerotek Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Aerotek President & CEO Todd Mohr
Todd Mohr

2,429 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Opportunity to make A LOT of money (in 55 reviews)

• Great company, able to make a lot of money if you're hitting contest and quarterly bonuses (in 54 reviews)

Cons
  • There is not a ton of work life balance to be had (in 345 reviews)

• no work life balance - heavy hours (in 123 reviews)

1. "Labourer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, ON
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, ON

I have been working at Aerotek full-time

Pros

The most friendly group of individuals to work for. Genuinely have your best interest in mind.

Cons

Cons ? There are no cons. :)

2. "worth it?"

I worked at Aerotek full-time

Pros

amazing young fun team culture

Cons

long hours, lack of control

"Interested in 12% of employee earning"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Vancouver, BC
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Aerotek full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Timely payment. Job security at client's discretion.

Cons

Their interest was limited to 12% cut out of employee earnings from their client. Except for a lunch or two with Aerotek supervisor per year there was no employee-interaction that related to employee's career progress or well being. Aerotek went great lengths to keep their client in good humour.

Advice to Management

Do not treat employees as commodity.

5. "On-Premise Recruiter"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I worked at Aerotek full-time

Pros

All of the co-workers at the corporate offices were always very nice and helpful. They have a very extensive training/on-boarding program to ensure that you are fully trained for the job that you will be completing.

Cons

ZERO work life balance. They expect you to work long hours, take your laptop home with you and work some more. Don't get nights off since you are always working and work weekends. Using a personal phone and not compensated for the bill. You are paid very low compared to market.

Advice to Management

For a company the pushes "our people are everything", they need to actually focus on the internal people they employ, not just the external people they will be recruiting. Working 70 hours a week and getting paid very low, doesn't allow an individual to be able to support themselves for have any work life balance.

6. "Decent place to work"

I worked at Aerotek full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very well organised company, always know what's expected of you, eyes are always on the prize.

Cons

Very demanding environment, KPIs are high, pressure is high

Advice to Management

Maintain the agile paradigm while being realistic of the business and territory and cutting slack where it's necessary

7. "Intern"

I have been working at Aerotek full-time

Pros

My time at Aerotek was Collaborative, Competitive and Driven.

Cons

There was not one bad thing during my time at Aerotek.

Advice to Management

I really do not have anything to say as they were very caring towards the success of their employees.

8. "Recruiter"

I worked at Aerotek full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Culture and Training
    Promote from within

Cons

Long hours- no work life balance

"Great Supportive Culture"

Current Employee - CSA
    Current Employee - CSA

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

the culture is very supportive and that is seen across the country. Each office is willing to help other offices whenever they can. There is also a strong development aspect to the company. You are given a number of tools to help develop yourself and other around you.

Cons

Stressful, long hours, sometimes the work load can be overwhelming. The nature of the business is also frustrating working with temporary assignments some contractors are very unreliable.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to your employees (internal and external) and develop the business to be the most efficient for all involved. If you continue to take the feedback given and implement it then you will continue to be successful fostering a positive work culture and business model.

10. "Recruiter"

I worked at Aerotek full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Aerotek is what it is. If you're lost and don't know what to do with your career this may be a good place to start if you're interested in sales (ultimately I wasn't, but I still made 52k in my first year, mind you I had a very good year).

Cons

Lots of BS. In most conversations around strategy your input is not valued, essentially they expect you to tow the line. I found the easiest way to get them to leave me alone so I could focus on making money was to be a strong biller. If you're a good biller they don't waste as much of your time with pointless phone calls and meetings (that is until they want to promote you into Account Management which is essentially a sales position.

They expect a lot of you as well, I was putting in 50+ hours per week in my first year.

If you're not interested in sales long term don't take a recruiting job, it just won't be worth it.

Advice to Management

You're stuck between a rock and a hard place. The company hires a lot of duds which is why you can't expect good input when it comes to things like strategy, but not listening to your good employees will cause a lot of them to quit.

"Recruiter"

I worked at Aerotek full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good culture. You learn a lot that can help you in your next career. There is nothing more I can think of...

Cons

Burn and turn mentality, they don't invest in their people. Management doesn't appreciate or respect their recruiters. There is no work life balance at all. You will be told you are an asset and appreciated, but you are only as good as your numbers and when your down life is miserable. Be prepared to spent 55+ hours on the office and be on your toes while not at all times. Even when your on vacation your putting out fires. The pay seems good, but not for the hours your expected to work. When you leave, you wonder how you ever worked there..

Advice to Management

Appreciate your employees and help them to grow. Management needs training on what is an acceptable manner to speak to their recruiters (countless times I experienced managers yelling and cursing at employees in the middle of the office). Recruiters need more training when fresh out of school and have no experience in the field. Retention is a huge problem and needs to be addressed....

Showing 2,429 of 3,103 reviews