Aerotek Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Aerotek President & CEO Todd Mohr
Todd Mohr

2,159 Employee Reviews

Pros
  • We are all competitive and eager to move up the ladder and to make a lot of money (in 49 reviews)

• You can make a lot of money with the base salary (in 49 reviews)

Cons
  • no work life balance - heavy hours (in 292 reviews)

• One of the biggest cons of working at Aerotek was the fact there really was no work-life balance (in 104 reviews)

1. "Aerotek Recruiter Review (8 month's with Aerotek)"

Former Employee - Professional Recruiter in Kitchener, ON
    Former Employee - Professional Recruiter in Kitchener, ON

I worked at Aerotek full-time

Pros

- Very competitive team-like atmosphere
    - They will help you grow and develop your business and professional skills
    - Engaging place to work, can be a lot of fun
    - They celebrate each others successes
    - You learn a lot about a variety of trades and jobs
    - You'll never be nervous on the phone again after working here

Cons

- Work /life balance can be tough to adjust to if you are recently out of school, but this is to be expected in most sales-related careers at a junior level.
    - I found some of the management to be unprofessional in the way they spoke about clients and other people within the company which is probably the only real criticism I have.. It did however create an unpleasant environment and I honestly think this is responsible for the majority of the attrition not the long hours. Some of the management was awesome, there were just a few that ruined it for everyone.

Advice to Management

Upper management (Account Managers) need to be more professional. You'll attract better talent, and they will look up to you and stay longer if they respect you.

2. "Good development"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good culture. Good development. Good experience. Large company. Multiple locations. Willing to hire based on character over experience.

Cons

Work life balance is difficult. Heavy metrics focus can be excessive. I think the company culture is very corporate and not for everyone

Advice to Management

Better hours

"Unethical"

Former Employee - Clerical in Toronto, ON
    Former Employee - Clerical in Toronto, ON

Pros

Pay is decent, and on time.

Cons

I did a contract job for a few days and after that, the company did not provide me with another contract. They contacted me just to keep my file active but lied that they had a position available. The individuals that I used for my references had to submit references again. I also had to do a re-test of word, excel and typing. Every time I call asking for another contract I am told they only have availability out of town, how convenient.

Advice to Management

Do not LIE to employees and potential employees, and do not waste people's time.

5. "Account Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- The people are invested in each others success
    - Opportunity is rewarded based on the effort you put in, you are in control of your own success
    - Salary + commission, big earning potential, no cap on commission
    - Training provided

Cons

- If you don't have top notch time management, you could end up working a lot of hours.
    - Until recently, the salary did not attract people with previous professional/sales experience, and there was a lot of turnover because people were joining the company never having worked in a corporate environment.

Advice to Management

- Don't take chances when hiring staff - go through a longer hiring process/promotion process to make sure the right person is joining.
    - Training on how to manage your day, time, team should be provided to newly promoted account managers in addition to sales training.
    - Continue talking about the balance available - people don't ask so they don't know.

6. "Great place to work for the right person"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (More than a year)

Pros

$70k base pay + commission for people with minimal sales & recruiting experience
    constantly pushed to achieve more
    Great coworkers - they hire young, fun, ambitious, friendly people
    Quick to promote

Cons

If you're under performing, they make life extremely unpleasant

Advice to Management

A gentler approach to people would be great. Some can't take the heavy handed approach and then they're driven to quit

"A nightmare learning experience."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I worked at Aerotek full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You learn a lot about business and everyone is young. It is a growing industry

Cons

They force you to work a lot of overtime. And the turnover is horrendous.

Advice to Management

Train management to treat employees better.

8. "BCSR"

Former Employee - Bilingual Customer Service Representative in Mississauga, ON
    Former Employee - Bilingual Customer Service Representative in Mississauga, ON

Pros

Pay, quick job, good colleague,great team

Cons

Job insecurity, reliability, honesty,short contracts

Advice to Management

Be more explicit to clients

"When you leave, you wonder how you ever worked there."

Former Employee - Account Manager in Montreal, QC
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Montreal, QC

Pros

Develops great work ethic.
    Encourages growing and stepping outside of your comfort zone.
    Builds great relationships.
    Awesome coworkers with great internal culture.
    Commission/ compensation

Cons

Over the years I saw countless examples of unethical, cruel, ignorant and inconsistent management practices. When branches are run by sales people (promoted to Directors) favoritism, corruption and greed really is a big risk. There were a lot of great people who left for these reasons. It is tiring to deal with the incessant micromanagement which is the business model across all offices.
    Many factors affecting success and commission that fall outside the scope of an individuals control.

Advice to Management

Diversify: Why are all employees the same demographics?
    Hiring: Stop promoting exclusively from within. it causes problems as leaders have experience from one company, industry & culture.

"Former Recruiter"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Richmond, BC
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Richmond, BC

I worked at Aerotek full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- excellent applicant tracking system, phone screen, and interviewing training available
    - lots of focus on sales and hitting goals/targets

Cons

- good for recruitment experience, not the place to pursue a long term hr career as the company is so sales focused

"Sourcer"

I worked at Aerotek part-time

Pros

Good life discount gym discount was the biggest pro here.. What I thought was a pro was being on your own for months at an end, but you are expected to reach out to senior leaders (aka account managers) even if you feel you are okay doing just fine. I can't actually think of any PROS except that the account managers literally don't have to do any work. Half the office was on their phones playing Pokemon GO when I was there in the summer.

Cons

micro management, lack of development, co-dependence, incompetency, lack of work ethic, disorganization, arrogant leaders, unintelligent.

They take any distance as a sign of arrogance and lack of communication. It's recruiting, not rocket science-these people that have been there for years on end literally doing nothing for the company. They consistently fool around during the day, take hours off for lunch and play golf in the office. Sounds chill, but too chill. There was literally no motivation amongst the ranks any sign of work ethic was just going against the grain. Worst internship I have ever done. Luckily I am going back to school, so I won't have to come back to this office.

Advice to Management

Clean up your act, command the respect of your inferiors stop asking for it politely.

Showing 2,159 of 2,703 reviews