Aerotek Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Aerotek President & CEO Todd Mohr
Todd Mohr

2,324 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Opportunity to make A LOT of money (in 54 reviews)

• We are all competitive and eager to move up the ladder and to make a lot of money (in 53 reviews)

Cons
  • no work life balance - heavy hours (in 325 reviews)

• One of the biggest cons of working at Aerotek was the fact there really was no work-life balance (in 117 reviews)

1. "Intern"

I have been working at Aerotek full-time

Pros

My time at Aerotek was Collaborative, Competitive and Driven.

Cons

There was not one bad thing during my time at Aerotek.

Advice to Management

I really do not have anything to say as they were very caring towards the success of their employees.

2. "Recruiter"

I worked at Aerotek full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Culture and Training
    Promote from within

Cons

Long hours- no work life balance

"Great Supportive Culture"

Current Employee - CSA
    Current Employee - CSA

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

the culture is very supportive and that is seen across the country. Each office is willing to help other offices whenever they can. There is also a strong development aspect to the company. You are given a number of tools to help develop yourself and other around you.

Cons

Stressful, long hours, sometimes the work load can be overwhelming. The nature of the business is also frustrating working with temporary assignments some contractors are very unreliable.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to your employees (internal and external) and develop the business to be the most efficient for all involved. If you continue to take the feedback given and implement it then you will continue to be successful fostering a positive work culture and business model.

5. "Recruiter"

Former Employee - Recruiter

I worked at Aerotek full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Aerotek is what it is. If you're lost and don't know what to do with your career this may be a good place to start if you're interested in sales (ultimately I wasn't, but I still made 52k in my first year, mind you I had a very good year).

Cons

Lots of BS. In most conversations around strategy your input is not valued, essentially they expect you to tow the line. I found the easiest way to get them to leave me alone so I could focus on making money was to be a strong biller. If you're a good biller they don't waste as much of your time with pointless phone calls and meetings (that is until they want to promote you into Account Management which is essentially a sales position.

They expect a lot of you as well, I was putting in 50+ hours per week in my first year.

If you're not interested in sales long term don't take a recruiting job, it just won't be worth it.

Advice to Management

You're stuck between a rock and a hard place. The company hires a lot of duds which is why you can't expect good input when it comes to things like strategy, but not listening to your good employees will cause a lot of them to quit.

"Recruiter"

Former Employee - Recruiter

I worked at Aerotek full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good culture. You learn a lot that can help you in your next career. There is nothing more I can think of...

Cons

Burn and turn mentality, they don't invest in their people. Management doesn't appreciate or respect their recruiters. There is no work life balance at all. You will be told you are an asset and appreciated, but you are only as good as your numbers and when your down life is miserable. Be prepared to spent 55+ hours on the office and be on your toes while not at all times. Even when your on vacation your putting out fires. The pay seems good, but not for the hours your expected to work. When you leave, you wonder how you ever worked there..

Advice to Management

Appreciate your employees and help them to grow. Management needs training on what is an acceptable manner to speak to their recruiters (countless times I experienced managers yelling and cursing at employees in the middle of the office). Recruiters need more training when fresh out of school and have no experience in the field. Retention is a huge problem and needs to be addressed....

7. "Aerotek Recruiter Review (8 month's with Aerotek)"

Former Employee - Professional Recruiter in Kitchener, ON
    Former Employee - Professional Recruiter in Kitchener, ON

I worked at Aerotek full-time

Pros

- Very competitive team-like atmosphere
    - They will help you grow and develop your business and professional skills
    - Engaging place to work, can be a lot of fun
    - They celebrate each others successes
    - You learn a lot about a variety of trades and jobs
    - You'll never be nervous on the phone again after working here

Cons

- Work /life balance can be tough to adjust to if you are recently out of school, but this is to be expected in most sales-related careers at a junior level.
    - I found some of the management to be unprofessional in the way they spoke about clients and other people within the company which is probably the only real criticism I have.. It did however create an unpleasant environment and I honestly think this is responsible for the majority of the attrition not the long hours. Some of the management was awesome, there were just a few that ruined it for everyone.

Advice to Management

Upper management (Account Managers) need to be more professional. You'll attract better talent, and they will look up to you and stay longer if they respect you.

8. "Good development"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good culture. Good development. Good experience. Large company. Multiple locations. Willing to hire based on character over experience.

Cons

Work life balance is difficult. Heavy metrics focus can be excessive. I think the company culture is very corporate and not for everyone

Advice to Management

Better hours

9. "Advancement"

Pros

lots of opportunity for high salary in sales

Cons

low salary for amount of work required, the only advancement opportunities are into sales, limited support by office when you work onsite (OPM or OPR)

Advice to Management

more opportunities for advancement outside of sales

"Unethical"

Former Employee - Clerical in Toronto, ON
    Former Employee - Clerical in Toronto, ON

Pros

Pay is decent, and on time.

Cons

I did a contract job for a few days and after that, the company did not provide me with another contract. They contacted me just to keep my file active but lied that they had a position available. The individuals that I used for my references had to submit references again. I also had to do a re-test of word, excel and typing. Every time I call asking for another contract I am told they only have availability out of town, how convenient.

Advice to Management

Do not LIE to employees and potential employees, and do not waste people's time.

11. "Account Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- The people are invested in each others success
    - Opportunity is rewarded based on the effort you put in, you are in control of your own success
    - Salary + commission, big earning potential, no cap on commission
    - Training provided

Cons

- If you don't have top notch time management, you could end up working a lot of hours.
    - Until recently, the salary did not attract people with previous professional/sales experience, and there was a lot of turnover because people were joining the company never having worked in a corporate environment.

Advice to Management

- Don't take chances when hiring staff - go through a longer hiring process/promotion process to make sure the right person is joining.
    - Training on how to manage your day, time, team should be provided to newly promoted account managers in addition to sales training.
    - Continue talking about the balance available - people don't ask so they don't know.

Showing 2,324 of 2,944 reviews