Aerotek Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Aerotek President & CEO Todd Mohr
Todd Mohr
1,187 Ratings

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "If you are looking to make a lot of money, this is the job for you" (in 65 reviews)

• "Aerotek offers the opportunity to make a lot of money, but it will by no means be handed to you" (in 61 reviews)

Cons
  • "The term "work life balance" is a common topic for some" (in 414 reviews)

• "Lots of long hours - no work life balance" (in 148 reviews)

1. "Aertok"

Pros

Taught me how to sell. Strong work ethic

Cons

Nothing to report. You had to work hard.

2. "CSA"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC

I worked at Aerotek full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good group of people to work with. Fun team

Cons

They enforce transparency but the management isn't ready for feedback. Very hectic workload, and not enough compensation. No work-life balance!!!

3. "Dont get sold on the promises"

Former Employee - Recruiter
    Former Employee - Recruiter

I worked at Aerotek full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Supposedly people there a long time earn good money (which is typical in any sales field)

Cons

Micromanagement by managers who passed a bare minimum quota once, but have no idea how to manage
    Unrealistic commission expectations sold on initial interview prove to be untrue
    Some industries are stacked against you for hitting your targets, and there is nothing you can do if you get paired with a bad account manager
    No care for employees or workplace environment
    They wont fire you, just ask you to quit so they dont have to pay EI

Advice to Management

Fix your culture, the turnover is insane

4. "Back Office Review"

Current Employee - Business Operations Associate in Mississauga, ON
    Current Employee - Business Operations Associate in Mississauga, ON

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Exposure to various aspects of the business.
    Utilizing your problem solving skills.
    Teaches you how businesses operate and client expectations.

Cons

Work load can be overwhelming.
    Recognition for hard work is not given.
    Training is not extensive when you first start.

Advice to Management

Ensure that Managers and Supervisors are capable of leading their teams and teaching them in a motivational and intuitive manner.

"*READ THIS BEFORE YOU WORK HERE* - Recruiter in Toronto"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Toronto, ON
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Toronto, ON

I worked at Aerotek full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Free coffee in the mornings
    -...lmao

Cons

Alright, before I start writing this I want to let whoever is reading this right now to know that this review is the honest to god truth. EVERYTHING you have read so far on glassdoor is true. They promise you that if you work or them, youre bound to make a ton of money. Dont get me wrong, this is true, but that money comes 2,3 or even 4 years down the road. In the meantime, youre stuck with a 40k base salary that doesnt increase until you hit your "bump" (ill get to this in a bit) which doesnt happen for 8 months to a year. Now, as we know money isnt everything (well at this company it actually is lol), but im sure youre wondering, "well what about management"? If you want to be in the most micromanaged culture ever, this is for you! At the end of everyday, you sit down with your "manager" (who btw is like a year into the job bc of the high turnover and around 23 years old ) and go over your activity for the day. They go over every minute of your day and ask you "what were you doing between 9:22-9:30" when there isnt any activity logged and you have to explain to them why you were in the bathroom instead of making calls. Get this, the average age of every employee there is 24 years old....this includes the director himself who i think is around 30. Also, these managers try so hard to impress this director that whenever they give you "feedback" (which is basically their way to secretly bash you while secretly making themselves feel superior) they ask you to email them what you guys talked about so that they can show this director what a dandy job theyre doing. They try to enforce this "feedback oriented culture" but to be completely honest, its not for your benefit like they say - its so that they can look good to their peers and show that they too are "drinking the Kool-Aid".
         Now to the "bump". This is when your "training period" is over (which they say typically takes 3 months) and you get your 15k raise. First off, what they dont tell you, is that you need to make the company 4k weekly before you get this raise (btw people leave long before they hit this but the company doesnt care because the money you make for them continues long after youre gone). Now, it isnt impossible to hit this 4k number. But people usually do it within 8 months to a year, not 3 months. In fact, i know people that still havnt finished this "training period" but theyve been with the company for almost 8 months hmmmmm.
         "well what about the hours"? 7:45-5:30. Now im sure youre probably thinking, okay well thats not toooo bad, but heres the kicker. If you dare leave at 5:30 youre basically shunned and not seen as "one of them". What you have to understand is that if you join this company, they expect you to drop all family/friend life that you have and spend it with them all of the time and join their little "team". Even if youre finished all work for the day, hit your numbers, youre still expected to grind mindlessly because for some reason they dont believe in a work/life balance.
        Another thing they will sell you on is "opportunity". Heres the opportunity Recruiter -> Account manager. People typically dont make it much farther after that, as most people have the sense to go elsewhere and there isnt anything at all beyond that. They will also tell you that this is a sales job. I cant reiterate this enough, it is NOT sales, and i dont understand why they think it is. Yes, it has the aspects of sales in that you are cold calling candidates, but thats as "salesy" as it gets. youre not selling any specific product or service, youre a recruiter and need to know that going in.
         Now if youre thinking to yourself, "well this person is probably upset cause they recently got fired" I assure you thats not the case. I just had the right mind to leave because I realized that all of the above was not what i wanted the next year of my life to be, let alone the next 40. I wish i knew this all going in, but i hope this review helps the next person make an informed decision before deciding to work here

Advice to Management

Please...when you say "our people are everything", actually mean it.

"Recruiter"

I worked at Aerotek full-time

Pros

There are no pros to working here unless you’re straight out of university looking for office experience

Cons

Long hours - 745am until 9pm and weekends - schedule says 745am to 530pm
    Terrible pay - under minimum wage for hours worked
    Wanting to know too much of your personal life
    No work life balance

Advice to Management

Aeroteks motto for their clients is “we take care of our people” - they should apply that to their employees

"Not a good company"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Mississauga, ON
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Mississauga, ON

I worked at Aerotek full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Not really to say other than Uncapped commission

Cons

Long hours, bad culture along with bad environment. young inexperience leaders.

Advice to Management

Take care of all your employees and not just your top performers.

8. "Recruiter Lead"

Current Employee - Recruiter Lead/Account Recruiting Manager in Mississauga, ON
    Current Employee - Recruiter Lead/Account Recruiting Manager in Mississauga, ON

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I've been at Aerotek at 7 years, and I love working here. The culture is a feedback rich environment so you know when you're doing something well, or if you need to improve in certain areas. They provide great corporate training and invest in their employees. I've had great mentors in this company as well that push me out of my comfort zone and have developed me into a leader. The earning potential is very high, and I've been able to build a great future myself and family because of the earning potential here.

Cons

- Work life balance is the only area where I feel Aerotek can improve. For myself, this is a career and not a job, so i'm completely comfortable with it. If you are looking for a 9-5 job, this is not the right environment for you.

Advice to Management

- Getting technology in place to allow individuals to work from home sometimes would be great.

9. "Recruiter"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Mississauga, ON
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Mississauga, ON

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Honestly Aerotek really is one of the best companies to work for...they provide you with everything succeed...everything! All the tools and all the encouragement is given to you, it’s really up to yourself how you want to succeed in this company. With the right mindset and motivation it’s easy. Not to mention, upcapped commission and a really good base salary. The company culture is fun and youthful. The sky is the limit here at Aerotek! I cannot stress enough how much growth opportunity there is at this company.

Cons

Hours go from 7:45am, to as early as 5pm. With a 1 hour paid lunch. You’ll find yourself staying passed 5 a lot to get stuff done. This isn’t a 9-5 job. For me- I love my job and sometimes when I’m working it doesn’t feel like work, the hours are fine for me, might not be for someone else.

Advice to Management

None

10. "Practice Lead"

Current Employee - Practice Lead in Mississauga, ON
    Current Employee - Practice Lead in Mississauga, ON

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Constantly challenged to be better, great culture, competitive and supportive environment. Tons of opportunity for career advancement and growth. Unparalleled earning potential and leadership development.

Cons

Just like anything worth doing, it takes a serious time, emotional and mental commitment to do well and be a top performer.

Advice to Management

I love the way the company is trending, keep staying critical, investing in the business and our people, and success will no doubt continue to follow.