Adzuna Reviews

Adzuna Co-Founder Doug Monro
Doug Monro
  1. "OK"

Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Adzuna full-time

Pros

Spacious office, lovely design and modern

Cons

Too far from the city

2. "Sales at Adzuna"

Former Employee - Sales in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Adzuna full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great environment, Sociable, Approachable Senior management

Cons

UK product awareness and development

3. "Great people"

Current Employee - Country Manager

I have been working at Adzuna full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great working environment, people are friendly and the atmosphere is very positive.

Cons

The salary is below average.

"Great place to work"

Former Employee - Front End Developer in London, England

I worked at Adzuna full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Laid back atmosphere - Really nice people - Nice office and great perks (foosball, table tennis, coffee, team lunches, socials etc) - Modern front end technologies (React, Redux + ES6) - Loads of autonomy - Training budget - Flexible working - Impact > hours

Cons

- Legacy code can make life difficult at times (although this is being addressed) - The dev team is mostly remote and this means that devs in the London office can feel a bit disconnected ( This is mitigated by a strong slack culture. There is an interest to grow the London team too )

5. "No future"

Former Employee - Head of Sales in London, England

I worked at Adzuna full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very efficient at managing cash, so bank account remains full

Cons

Stingy, very cheap on benefits and especially salaries, well below market. No vision, trying to build a company based on arbitrage business, just one more middle man in a very bloated industry all paying each other for traffic. Lack of leadership, executives have no real clue what they're doing. They list some "big" companies as their past experience, but they clearly haven't learned much from these.

January 2, 2020Co-Founder

Thanks for the feedback and really sorry you didn't enjoy your time at Adzuna or we get a chance to discuss this when you were here.On benefits, we feel like we offer a good package - including in the UK, company matched pension contributions, stock options for almost all employees, babylon health free healthcare advice and access, training and wellbeing programme, flexible working hours, enhanced parental leave and a great office environment including showers, outside terrace, gym and bar! On salaries, we aim to pay at or above market average for the relevant role, and continue to benchmark and review salaries based on market and performance regularly. Obviously in a sales role (if that's what you were in - we've not had a head of sales leave recently?) there's also a commission element that varies based on performance.We wish you the best of luck for the future and will of course continue to invite you back for alumni drinks, hope to see you soon!

"Great company, great people, great management"

I have been working at Adzuna full-time for less than a year

Pros

It's a company whose ambitions are easy to buy into - a growing, fast paced tech disruptor with ambitions for growth and to change the market Management are great to work for and with - very supportive, collaborative - it does not feel hierarchical Work-life balance is excellent. You have to work hard, and may work overtime from time to time, but the working environment is flexible and you can fit in leisure and home life. There's a small gym on site and a Pure Gym below, regular social events etc. Great location Interesting work - very forward thinking company

Cons

When I think of some I'll post them.

"All kinds of brilliant"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at Adzuna full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

A truly innovative and forward thinking management team that not only fully understand their market segment but also really care about their people. Huge career development opportunities. Interesting, inspiring work and a genuine appeeciation of everyone’s contribution.

Cons

None spring to mind. A really amazing company to work for.

January 2, 2020Co-Founder

Thank you, so glad you had such a great experience working here, best of luck for the future!

"It's just OK"

2.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Adzuna full-time

Pros

fun colleagues, laid-back environment, and great social activities

Cons

The work sometimes is so monotonous and menial. Expanding into new markets is great but seriously, their approach gives you no room for your own creativity and input. All they care about is link building and chasing people like anything for it - although it should be done, it's not the end all be all. Why hire talented and educated people to do such work? I have worked in several companies before and never have I come across such type of work. I also don't see much growth within the co. Overall verdict is - it's boring!

November 12, 2018Co-Founder

Thanks a lot for the review and feedback. Really glad you enjoyed working with our talented and fun team, our great office environment and our social events - and really sorry you found some of the work boring. I can't tell from the review exactly what your role at Adzuna was or how long ago you worked here, but .... there is much more to our market expansion work than menial/monotonous linkbuilding you mention - for example, social media, PR, writing a blog, setting up paid campaigns, engaging with customers, signing up partnerships etc. Yes, we have targets of course but there's loads of room for creativity on how to achieve them - other team members have achieved some truly incredible results promoting their country sites, from being featured in major national newspapers across the world, to producing viral videos, to writing guest blogs and columns about jobs and the economy on some seriously influential websites. Sometimes there may be some repetitive tasks mixed in, hopefully supported by tools and automation, but it doesn't have to feel boring - as founder I too have done this role in my time and saw it as an exciting challenge, and we truly believe that having talented mini entrepreneurs leading our growth in each country can be an exciting and inspiring role. Will take your feedback on board - as we do with all the feedback we get from our monthly employee surveys we now run - and discuss with the key managers if there is anything to learn from it to make these roles even more engaging going forward - as well as make sure the career growth and personal development you mention is happening there too.

"Perfect if you want to work for a bully/micromanaging CEO for little reward"

I worked at Adzuna full-time

Pros

- fairly international team - new office - clever colleagues - supportive senior management team - Adzuna Academy initiative (monthly workshop with an external or internal speaker)

Cons

- CEO: micromanager; bully - hardly any benefits. Not competitive AT ALL compared to other tech companies in London - low salaries - austerity budget for everything (the CEO even comments on how much milk you put in your cereal, so be careful)

December 3, 2018Co-Founder

Hi there - this looks like a duplicate review written by the same person on 16th November 2018.

"Nice team but the micromanaging CEO kills the joy of working there"

I worked at Adzuna full-time

Pros

- diverse team - nice office - clever, friendly people - great senior management team

Cons

- below-market salaries - near to zero investment in employees - control-freak CEO making everyone tiptoe around. He simply doesn't trust anyone regardless of their seniority and wants to make the final call on every single matter - from what kind of milk the company should be buying to allowing a new £500 marketing test

November 26, 2018Co-Founder

Thanks for the review and feedback. It's good to hear that you valued our office environment, diverse and smart team and that you enjoyed working with senior management. As you no doubt know, we've been working hard maintaining a high bar on hiring, promoting equality and diversity and taking our office to the next level. It's great to hear that you think we're doing a good job on this front. On the less positive things mentioned in your review: i) Below market salaries - I'm not sure how long ago you worked at Adzuna, but since hitting profitability (and raising finance) we've worked hard on all aspects of reward and remuneration, globally. If you were with us in the early days when we were in 'bootstrap' mode, unfortunately lower rates of pay are just a product of being in a young (and poor) internet startup. Now that we are a more mature business, i'm confident that Adzuna pays good salaries and our packages are better than ever. ii) Investment in employees - It's a little sad to hear that you didn't think we were investing in employees when you were with us. In the last couple of years, we've developed internal training programmes like the Adzuna Academy, we've put aside generous chunks of budget for personal development and external training for every department and, more generally, we've tried to really bake learning and development into our company culture. We can always improve on this front, and we'll certainly be looking at how we can invest even more in our employees in the years to come. iii) CEO comments - As the co-founder of the company (and someone who has been around since day 1), I think these comments are pretty darn unfair. Of course, both Doug and I have been guilty, as the company has grown from a bedroom operation to a multi-national business, of trying to do too much and getting involved in too many decisions. As a founder, sometimes it's just hard to let go of certain things. That said, as the team has grown over the last few years and the business matured, I believe trust and responsibility has been much more evenly shared across the business and that we've created an environment that empowers and motivates, rather than 'nanny's'. We can always improve of course and it's sad to hear you felt you had to tiptoe around and weren't trusted. Even though I don't agree with your feedback, I'll make sure we do our best to consider it and do whatever we can to keep a flat, open and trusting culture.

Found 23 reviews