Advantage Metals Recycling Reviews

Updated Sep 11, 2021

Found 7 of over 7 reviews

3.7
Advantage Metals Recycling President Jeff Davis (no image)
Jeff Davis

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

1. 5.0
    Current Employee
    Featured Review

Great Company

Mar 7, 2021 - Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

This is a great company to work for

Cons

No two days are the same.

Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your review and welcome to the team! We are happy to have you and glad you are having a great experience. Hoping the fact that no two days are the same will turn into a pro :) we find that people love the variety and ever changing environment!

2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

So so

Sep 11, 2021 - Scale Operator
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits and decent bonuses

Cons

Favoritism and a toxic environment

3. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good company

May 17, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Serious safety culture, upfront managers

Cons

Insurance keeps getting weaker by the year.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Solid Company

Sep 12, 2018 - Management in Kansas City, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Advantage Metals Recycling offers execellent pay and benefits, and they’re second to none in job security. The company consists of a dozen locations, making relocation an option. Scrap metal recycling requires a safe working environment and AMR offers an outstanding workplace culture. Safety is, hands down, this company’s north star.

Cons

Commodities are, at times, a rollercoaster ride. Employees must be flexible, energetic and coachable. If they are, they’re rewarded with compensation, benefits and the opportunity to advance in an industry leading company.

Recruiting Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. We value hearing from all of our teammates and it looks like you captured so many of the values that are at our core-Safety being #1. With a great management team developing and encouraging our teammates we will continue to see the results you mentioned!

5. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Could have been better

Aug 10, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

First shift, most people nice, Sunday’s off

Cons

Often have to work weekends (Saturdays), toxic disconnected Management, autocratic

Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your feedback. AMR prides itself on having a strong culture that values and listens to all teammates. I am sorry this wasn't your perception of the culture. We strongly encourage teammates to share feedback and thoughts with management in an ongoing dialogue. Saturday hours are sometimes necessary when business is busy and this should always be part of the conversation in the interview process.

6. 4.0
    Current Employee

Know what you're getting in to

Feb 9, 2018 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great pay, good coworkers, amazing benefits

Cons

Long hours, lots of overtime, terrible customers, terrible work life balance

Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We strive to provide our teammates with competitive compensation and benefits as well as creating a cohesive team environment that almost feels like a family. We are so pleased to hear you value this as well. The overtime can be necessary when business is good and should always be discussed in the interview process.

7. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Safety conscience company.

Jun 23, 2014 - Trailer Mechanic in Kansas City, KS
    Business Outlook

Pros

The compensation and benefits were pretty good. Luncheons every quarter. Training programs were up to date. The actual work was alright. Was in the process of updating equipment.

Cons

The maintenance shop was the oldest place I have ever seen. Built in the 1940's! Due to budget constraints we had to make do with sub standards material when working on projects.

Viewing 1 - 7 of 7 English Reviews