Addella Employee Reviews about "long hours"

Updated Dec 28, 2017

Found 13 of over 101 reviews

3.5
Addella CEO Luc Hebert (no image)
Luc Hebert
Pros
  • "Super positive work environment, with tons of energetic and ambitious people who really do want to see you succeed(in 7 reviews)

• "Being entirely performance-based negates the normal monotony associated with entry level work(in 7 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Long hours and that's about all(in 15 reviews)

• "There's hard work involved if you want to add more tools into the toolbox(in 11 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "long hours"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Contractor

Great opportunity

Dec 28, 2017 - Anonymous Contractor
      Business Outlook

Pros

There's so much room for growth with this company. Very supportive team of people who are motivated to help all employees develop their skills in sales and leadership.

Cons

It is hard work and long hours.

2. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Fantastic Experience for a Young and Ambitious Entrepreneur

Aug 12, 2014 - B2B Sales Agent in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

From your first day on the job you receive the best hands on training by not only your leader but by everyone in the office. Addella is truly a team environment where everyone is supportive of each other's successes. There is a true team environment which allows both new and experienced sales consultants to continuously learn throughout their time at Addella. I can honestly say that this is an opportunity to work with amazing, energetic and like-minded people who truly transform the office space into a fun environment. There is constantly music playing the occasional office party, including weekly team nights aimed at promoting office cohesion and relationships. But most of all, Addella provides such a huge opportunity especially for young, fresh out of school professionals. The leadership and ownership opportunity provided at Addella is unlike any opportunities that you will receive at other B2B sales jobs. If you are ambitious, hard working, and motivated, Addella is the perfect employer.

Cons

Expect to work long hours (9+ hours) and spend the majority of your day out of the office approaching businesses and business owners. Compensation is based solely on commission (although this can also be a pro as there is not limit to your earnings). You do not receive employee benefits as you are considered an independent contractor.

1 person found this review helpful
    3. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

You have to know what you want

Jul 11, 2013 - Leader in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

1. The door to door part of the job builds your confidence and sales skills very rapidly. This job definitely develops yourself as an individual. 2. The daily routine is highly structured. Leaders encourage distributors to "work the system" so that everyone can follow it to make sales. This helped reduce the uncertainty of a full commission job. 3. The door to door sales industry has quite a big grey area, but Addella does a great job at choosing and negotiating with credible corporate clients. They always have lots of promotions to offer to customers. 4. There is no start up fee. You don't have to invest anything, just your time. 5. You don't need any experience. Bring the work ethic and they'll teach you sales. 6. Highly positive and supportive culture They have a lot of "coworker bonding time" as well as lots of sales competitions. They make going to work fun and enjoyable. Everyone is super friendly and positive. Summary: Door to door is definitely one in a lifetime experience. Addella's enthusiastic coworkers make direct sales quite enjoyable. Getting sales was one of the things I was really worried about. The structure and system they use do a very good job at reducing uncertainty. Would definitely recommend to friend. Point 2&6 was the deciding factors for me to accept this job.

Cons

1. The door to door nature of the job is hidden... until you come for the second interview. Which is why you have to know exactly what you want. 2. Your pay is delayed. Full commission amount only paid out 2 weeks after product installation. 3. Customer service. Focus is more on installed products, and less on customer satisfaction. 4. Long hours. Commute to office at Eglinton Station + 12PM to 9:30PM + commute time back. You sell during 3PM - 8PM and have to return to office every night. 5. When promoted, there are no increase in compensation but increase in responsibility. Kind of disappointed. Summary: There are still a lot of grey areas, but point 1-3 are unavoidable in the door to door sales industry. Addella is already doing a good job. For job seekers who are reading this: when considering any door to door job, you need to be very specific as to what you want out of it. Experience? Money? Career? Research carefully before you make the decision.

8 people found this review helpful

Addella Response

Corporate Trainer

Thanks for the feedback! For any potential candidates reading this review, please keep in mind at any given time we will have a B2C and B2B campaign that we conduct interviews for; so if you are unsure which campaign you are interviewing for feel free to ask us prior to your interview. For B2B campaigns, our office is open business hours (8-6) Monday to Friday.

4. 5.0
      Current Contractor, more than 1 year

Amazing culture, great people, and constant development

Dec 22, 2017 - Team Lead in Calgary, AB
      Business Outlook

Pros

Entry level sales position, which allows anyone no matter education or experience to come in and grow within the company. Ability to earn as much as the work you put in. The company and the people put everything possible into the entry level candidate to become successful.

Cons

Long hours and that's about all

5. 2.0

Mixed review

Oct 5, 2016 - B2B Sales Agent in Eglinton East, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Easy to get in, especially if you have an empty resume. Great source of early work experience - Great training on personal skills necessary for the workforce and life in general. The learning curve is very steep and I have to say it is the biggest amount of life education I've received just in one summer working full time - Enthusiastic and supportive work environment. They try to make it fun in the office and incorporate team nights every week - A little flexibility is allowed with regards to the fact that you can determine what days you choose to work. This is because pay is fully commission based - Good team spirit - The ceo, Luke, is quite an inspiring guy who left me really impressed

Cons

- The pay can be very bad (just as it can be very good if you work really hard or you're naturally gifted at cold calling and pitching) - This is not a job for someone who's looking for a regular, secure 9-5 - Long hours working for no overtime compensation, a lot of walking and it's crazy stressful if you don't own a car - You either really enjoy your time with Addella (and stay for a while) or hate your time there and leave really quickly

7 people found this review helpful
    6. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

You either figure it out right away, or you don't.

Jun 8, 2014 - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Gained great sales coaching and experience. Taking on responsibility in training and recruiting others. Public speaking and organization skills improved.

Cons

Management is unpredictable and emotional. Emphasis is stressed on the "opportunity" of one day owning your own office. Most offices seem to fail. Low pay long hours.

6 people found this review helpful

Addella Response

President

Thanks for taking the time to write this review, we appreciate your feedback and are always looking to improve. I started in the exact same role you are reviewing and yes, long hours are required for someone who wants to advance and develop their career here. To build the company to a size that it is now required a ton of effort but I would never ask somebody to do something that I haven't done myself. Working hard and putting in extra effort and time to get ahead isn't unique to Addella, this is a universal concept that is relevant in all professions. As for the low pay, this would be a direct result of low performance- and not accurate to describe the overall experience of the entire team. Because we don't hire outside managers, part of the development process means there will be rookie managers and seasoned managers at any given time who provide coaching to the team. As they learn to become effective leaders, I can see how you might have experienced working with somebody who is still developing the right ways to communicate company expectations and standards - we appreciate the feedback and will review with the team. Resources such as time and money are not infinite in supply; therefore compensation, bonuses, travel and 1-1 mentoring from senior management are awarded in direct proportion to an individual's efforts and results. This means someone who is working very hard and performing at a high level would earn an above average income, spend a lot of time with senior management and be a recipient of extra bonuses and travel opportunities. Conversely this means that if the performance is lower, then the rewards and extras would be less. As for your comment regarding the intimidating and emotional management team- I wish I had a better understanding of who or what instance you're describing. As the leader of our company- my intensity and passion is the result of a relentless commitment to serve our clients and the promise to provide career opportunities for our people. It's understandable that someone who may have been involved in high urgency/compliance related meetings (but had a limited or non existent 1-1 working relationship with me) could certainly develop this viewpoint. This valuable feedback and I will be mindful when address the team on issues that require a serious tone. We truly value every person that we spend the time to train and develop- I sincerely apologize if you feel like we treated you with anything less than positive intentions. If there are any bonuses or trips that you qualified for but did not receive please come see me personally and I will rectify this immediately. Best of luck in your future endeavours and thanks again for your response.

7. 4.0

Overall positive experience

Oct 15, 2013 - Leader in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

*great working culture - really friendly and outgoing people *learn a lot about sales industry *awesome job for positive, motivated and hard-working people

Cons

*commission only/inconsistent paychecks *long hours

3 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0

Great experience overall

Mar 11, 2016 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

A lot of positive learning experience about sales techniques and tonnes of personal development for me personally. A really energetic group of individuals to work with.

Cons

Hard work and long hours

9. 1.0

not satisfied

Nov 30, 2015 - Acoount Manager in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

- they provide a training - while hiring you they pair you with their employee so you could see what your day to day duties would be

Cons

- had to spend a lot of time outside going door to door - was way too hot outside and I almost fainted couple of times - mostly cold calling - no hourly rate, only commission - long hours - door to door

26 people found this review helpful
    10. 3.0
      Former Contractor, less than 1 year

Decent for first job after grad

Nov 10, 2015 - B2B Sales Agent in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Lots of self-building - Improve sales skills - Can definitely excel within company

Cons

- Long hours - FULLY commission based - Go to offices, door to door attaining new clients - If late in the morning twice (you're fired)

Viewing 1 - 10 of 13 Reviews