Addella "hard work" Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Addella Employee Reviews about "hard work"

Updated Aug 11, 2019

3.7
Addella CEO Luc Hebert (no image)
Luc Hebert
Pros
  • "Being entirely performance-based negates the normal monotony associated with entry level work(in 7 reviews)

• "Super positive work environment, with tons of energetic and ambitious people who really do want to see you succeed(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours and that's about all(in 15 reviews)

• "There's hard work involved if you want to add more tools into the toolbox(in 11 reviews)

Reviews about "hard work"

Return to all Reviews

"If You want to learn something, you have to work for it"

Team Leader in Calgary, AB

I worked at Addella for more than a year

Pros

Some pros of working for Addella are working with awesome and enthusiastic individuals that relish in the success of others more than themselves. I have always felt that the best way to learn is through hands on coaching and boy is this the environment for it. The hands on coaching in developing communication skills, presentation skills, & overall professionalism is exemplary. A management team that genuinely cares about the team as a whole. A great place to forge your skills and craft!

Cons

There's hard work involved if you want to add more tools into the toolbox. Working at Addella like anywhere else has it's challenged but the difference in working for Addella is that the hard work is worth it in the end with the skills and experience you obtain.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! More team events!

Addella2019-02-05

"Fun environment, but taxing door-to-door sales work"

Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Addella full-time for more than a year

Pros

Addella is definitely a fun office environment where everyone is very motivated, excited, and young. A lot of supportive people and Luc was the most inspiring person I've ever met. If you work here you will pick up some good advice on how to do sales successfully and also become much more outgoing.

Cons

You will be doing door-to-door sales (if you do sales and not HR etc). This will never be told to you explicitly or during your first interview. Your pay is commission for what you can sell. You spend the entire day in your territory walking to businesses and giving them an exact sales pitch. You can't deviate from the pitch. You will spend lots of time practising this pitch. There is an almost cult-like vibe there, such that no one can ever be negative and the firm sells you this idea that if you work yourself to the bone you will get rich. This does happen from a very, very small minority of people, but for most, it won't happen. "First one to the field, first one to get money!" Everyone will say their big dream in life is to own an island or party in Ibiza once Addella gets them rich, but it won't happen. CBC Marketplace did an expose on a place called Mox1 Business Solutions; a similar direct marketing firm. Also search Slave Circle on Youtube; this will give you an exact idea of what this Cydcor operation is. This is very hard work and you will probably quit after a month or two.

Addella2019-08-11

"Great environment, Awesome Team"

I have been working at Addella full-time

Pros

I’ve worked at Addella for a couple months now. During my time here I have made some of the best friendships you can ever imagine. I view the company as a second family and I appreciate the investment that my mentors, and management have put into my development. The team receives nothing from helping, but does it out of their want to help you improve in your professional goals. For those who have spoken negatively about the company online, this job isn’t for people that cant work hard or get constructive criticism, or they just didnt work at the company in general. If you’re reading this, obviously you have some form of interest in the company, so go check it out for yourself, there are a ton of internet trolls that will say anything behind a computer screen, and I know I would of missed out on some of the fastest advancement in my life if I didn’t have the opportunity to work with the team.

Cons

It is hard work, there is no lie to it. I had a hard time checking my ego when it came to sales and getting rejected. It is not a good fit for everyone thats for sure, but neither is IT or adminstration for another person.

Advice to Management

You do a great job of providing direction and coaching. Keep being funny and making the office a great place to work.

Addella2019-02-05

"Amazing culture, training and growth!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Calgary, AB

I have been working at Addella full-time for less than a year

Pros

Addella provides amazing sales and management training. Whether the opportunity is right for you or not you will leave Addella more educated and prepared to pursue a career in business, entrepreneurship, sales and marketing. They have a strong and welcoming team of vibrant individuals. Growth and self development are inevitable. A great place to learn, make friends and grow. So much opportunity to grow within the company, entry level but very quick development. Big team spirit, fun group activities and team night are always a blast!

Cons

Accountability is essential to being successful in this company, as well as hard work and being dedicated to your future.

Addella2018-05-05
  5. "Great opportunity"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Addella

Pros

There's so much room for growth with this company. Very supportive team of people who are motivated to help all employees develop their skills in sales and leadership.

Cons

It is hard work and long hours.

Addella2017-12-28

"Sales 'Leader'"

Former Contractor - Account Manager/Leader

I worked at Addella for less than a year

Pros

You will be brought out of your shell, both in the office setting and while going door-to-door. You will face a lot of rejection which will be good for those who are more on the shy-side.

Cons

100% commission, exploiting workers, cult-like, low-pay, intentionally underpaying workers, lying about benefits, almost no transparency, lying about future opportunity. It effectively is a pyramid scheme with a slight twist. Mid-level individuals don't benefit off of the work of the low-level individuals, but mid-level individuals are forced to train low-level individuals without extra pay (in fact having to give them a certain portion of 'doors' during a day, therefore losing their opportunity to make money). The lifeblood of exploitative companies is worker motivation. They will give you a high-energy environment where you will be told about ‘growth’, ‘development’, and ‘opportunity’. You will be motivated because you will be told about the amount of money that you can make in the future, if you put yourself through a couple of years of hard work. What you don’t realize is that in those ‘couple of years’ you will be paid next to nothing, be exploited for your labour, and in charge of keeping others in this cult-like, pyramid scheme-like organization. Your only job is to keep workers there, because their labour is free. The more people making next to nothing of 100% commission, the better.

Advice to Management

You do a great job of keeping the cloak over the sheep's eyes.

Addella2017-05-15
  7. "Great experience overall"

I worked at Addella

Pros

A lot of positive learning experience about sales techniques and tonnes of personal development for me personally. A really energetic group of individuals to work with.

Cons

Hard work and long hours

Addella2016-03-11

"B2B Sales"

I have been working at Addella

Pros

The greatest place ever to work

Cons

Comission based hard work is the way it works

Addella2015-11-22

"Great learning opportunity"

I worked at Addella for less than a year

Pros

You learn a lot in a very short amount of time, especially if you pay attention to the amount of help and knowledge that is around you.

Cons

Definitely not a job for everyone. It's hard work, and takes dedication and tenacity. Pay can be unstable

Addella2015-07-01

"Life Changing"

Current Employee - B2B Sales Agent in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Addella full-time for more than a year

Pros

It's a fun, young and performance based company that focus on developing individuals that not only want to gain marketing experience but also grow their entrepreneurial state of mind to its maximum. Everyone is extremely motivated, focused on growing and always willing to help one another, great office atmosphere and you will meet some of the most positive, funny and professional people ever. Overall It's a great place for people who want to make a lot money, with a great student mentality who are extremely dedicated, enjoy challenges and want to advance based on their hard work.

Cons

If you are extremely lazy by nature, and are just looking for a 9 to 5 minimum wage compensation so you can just get by then do not go work for Addella. You will feel so out of place and most likely fail and blame everyone but yourself lol

Addella2014-04-30