Addella Employee Reviews about "entry level"

Updated Aug 28, 2018

Found 7 of over 101 reviews

3.5
Addella CEO Luc Hebert (no image)
Luc Hebert
Pros
  • "Super positive work environment, with tons of energetic and ambitious people who really do want to see you succeed(in 7 reviews)

• "Being entirely performance-based negates the normal monotony associated with entry level work(in 7 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Long hours and that's about all(in 15 reviews)

• "There's hard work involved if you want to add more tools into the toolbox(in 11 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "entry level"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

You're going to get than you ever imagined from this place

Aug 28, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

There is a lot to be said about Addella, from the management, to the entry level reps, all the way to the Recruitment and Human Resources team you'll find yourself surrounded by supportive and impressive people dedicated to helping you carve the path of your future. Not only do you gain sales experience, which is one of the highest valued experiences you can earn at a young age, you'll also learn to master your mindset, become more disciplined with your personal life, and create friendships which will last a lifetime. I've been working at Addella for more than two years now, and I have nothing but wonderful things to say about the experience. Now, of course, self-development, accountability and learning to be consistent in sales ISN'T for everyone, so for those of you reading the different reviews, keep in mind that those who didn't have something kind to say, probably could not handle the development, accountability or consistency factor. Be your own judge of the experience, because I'm glad I did so as well!

Cons

Working with so many different personalities can be overwhelming at times, however, it is something you'll have to learn if you ever intend on working in an industry where helping people is the foundation.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee

Beyond Rewarding

Jun 13, 2016 -  in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

This is the first job where the amount of effort I applied directly effected my compensation and placement within the company. Being entirely performance-based negates the normal monotony associated with entry level work. Instead you are allowed to achieve success without barriers, in fact there is an entire office supporting you in doing so. I began with no sales experience and am now, a couple months later, training and interviewing. You can treat this position like a paid business school and receive a workplace-ready skill set for your next job or stay for the advancement opportunity; Either way you choose the time spent there will be rewarding. Prior to my time at Addella I had never met the CEO of the company I worked for, let alone allowed to book meetings with them on how to further myself professionally. Luc Hebert takes the time to develop his people continually for the better regardless of when they started, be it a week or a year ago. This mentality to build individuals is reflected in the rest of the office as well. They have created a unique combination of a professional, exuberant, and fun atmosphere at Addella that makes coming into work a highlight of my day. This impressive group of people strive to be their best and are happy to include you in their success as well as celebrate yours.

Cons

If you are unwilling to apply and better yourself you will not last long.

3 people found this review helpful
    3. 5.0

Excellent Management Training and Sales Opportunity

Mar 3, 2014 - Leader in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you want to learn the skills and mental discipline to run your own business, Addella is the perfect opportunity to teach you to build a CEO mentality. This opportunity has been like a hands-on extension of my business degree. Gaining sales experience is just the tip of the iceberg here. What I find most valuable is the collection of transferable skills like overcoming rejection, increasing my confidence in business to business communications, improving my training experience, expanding my budgeting and financial management ability, and most importantly learning how to become an effective leader by managing a team and overseeing their professional development. Addella uses a very systematic approach to coaching new recruits, so entry-level applicants will not be hindered by limited experience. Motivation and hard work are the key attributes that will make a new recruit successful in this position. Overall a fun and dynamic work environment with an office full of young and ambitious aspiring entrepreneurs where supportive teamwork is a large part of the corporate culture.

Cons

Your professional development and income are a direct result of the effort you put in, so this is not a good fit for individuals interested in a slow-paced role where you get paid for just showing up. It's a management training program designed for people who want to learn how to run a company and interact with a lot of people.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great career opportunity for new grads and young entrepreneurs!

Jul 30, 2014 - Anonymous in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Young and extremely energetic group of career focused individuals. The management training program provides an excellent foundation for team development and the skills necessary to run an office. Also, working with Fortune 500 clients who authorize us to deliver excellent products and services directly to consumers is a huge benefit for an entry level position.

Cons

Not for those looking for an hourly wage or salary just to show up. Longer than 9 - 5 hours, but with this comes the ability to advance to a management position in a fraction of the time that it would take with other jobs.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing culture, training and growth!

May 5, 2018 - Account Manager in Calgary, AB
      Business Outlook

Pros

Addella provides amazing sales and management training. Whether the opportunity is right for you or not you will leave Addella more educated and prepared to pursue a career in business, entrepreneurship, sales and marketing. They have a strong and welcoming team of vibrant individuals. Growth and self development are inevitable. A great place to learn, make friends and grow. So much opportunity to grow within the company, entry level but very quick development. Big team spirit, fun group activities and team night are always a blast!

Cons

Accountability is essential to being successful in this company, as well as hard work and being dedicated to your future.

6. 5.0
      Current Contractor, less than 1 year

Like being paid to go to business school

Jun 13, 2016 - Sales Agent in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Entry level - As long as you're motivated, have a solid work ethic, great attitude and a student mentality, you'll learn all the skills you need to make sales and one day run your own business. Free education - Like the title says, you're basically being paid to go to business school. The amount of knowledge you'll gain through a combination of office and field time is extremely valuable. If you're eager to learn and not afraid to put in the time, this is a very supportive work environment. Individual attention and 1 on 1 tutoring always available for those who need it. The idea is to train our team to be entrepreneurs so that one day they can run their own business. Fun environment - Professional yet casual work environment. Music is allowed in the office, often your day will begin with a few warm-up games and fun team outings every Thursday night. Growth opportunity - Perhaps the most exciting aspect of Addella is its promotion structure. An entry level rep can make it to ownership in as little as 3 years, at which point they get promoted out to open their own office. In an industry that is undergoing serious growth worldwide, the opportunities are limitless. Work hard enough, don't give up and you WILL become wealthy one day.

Cons

Hours - If you're serious about growing as a leader in the business, it requires a lot of reading, 1 on 1s and over all devotion to growing a team and moving towards ownership. 100% commission-based - I only list this under 'cons' because of the amount of reviews I've read on here who seemed not to realize this before taking the job. Personally, I enjoy having an un-capped income that is a direct reflection of how much work I put in. After working for a set wage for most of my life prior, I can safely say that working at Addella has made me much more motivated and focused on self-improvement. Between the juicy commission structure and tax-deductible living expenses, this job means more money for those who can follow a simple sales system and meet weekly production standards. Not for everyone - Commission sales sees a pretty high turn-over because not everybody has what it takes. Ultimately your performance will dictate your compensation so my advice would be not to apply unless you are serious about putting in the work it takes to learn, grow and make money.

7. 5.0
      Current Contractor, more than 1 year

Amazing culture, great people, and constant development

Dec 22, 2017 - Team Lead in Calgary, AB
      Business Outlook

Pros

Entry level sales position, which allows anyone no matter education or experience to come in and grow within the company. Ability to earn as much as the work you put in. The company and the people put everything possible into the entry level candidate to become successful.

Cons

Long hours and that's about all

Viewing 1 - 7 of 7 English Reviews