Activus Home Loans Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Jon M. Cordes

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "MLO"

Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in Irvine, CA (US)

I have been working at Activus Home Loans full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You can easily approach the upper management and their underwriter is excellent, from speed to knowledge. Transparent. You know what you are getting yourself into. This is a great company to work for, they treat you really well here. Great training, and they give all the right tools to succeed, and from the owners to employees everyone here are very nice and professional.

Cons

Don’t be fooled, this is still a sale job, if you cannot sale then is your own fault and no one else.

2. "Loan Officer"

Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in Irvine, CA (US)

I have been working at Activus Home Loans full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great team to work with , Amazing processing team, Quick funding 15 to 30 days on average. Great inbound leads. Huge lead data base to call from. I have been working here for 4 months and I enjoy the work friendly environment. Free food Fridays.

Cons

I cant think of any at this time

Advice to Management

Keep it up !

"Mortgage Banker"

I have been working at Activus Home Loans (Less than a year)

Pros

The only good thing is that management is proactive enough to write fake reviews.

Cons

Worst company you could ever work at. you just call the same leads everyone has been calling since 2012. they lie about basically everything just to get you in the door. pay inside sales on a draw which there is case law showing you cant even do!

Advice to Management

just give up already

4. "#GAMECHANGER!!! This place saved my life..."

Current Employee - SENIOR MORTGAGE BANKER/MIRACLE WORKER in Irvine, CA (US)
    Current Employee - SENIOR MORTGAGE BANKER/MIRACLE WORKER in Irvine, CA (US)

I have been working at Activus Home Loans full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The team of support and processors who actually care. We build as a team; we eat as a team; we grow as a team... they believe in you beyond anything else, as long as you believe in yourself!
     In the worst month for funding nationwide; march of 2k18, i broke my record and clear a cool 18k!!! #foxwitme

Cons

Not for the faint of heart... can you hang and prove you're worth keeping around? #noguts #youcantsitwithus #butwherearethesubs?

Advice to Management

Keep killin it!!! Are you working to live, or are you living for your work?

5. "Loan Officer"

Former Employee - MOrtgage Loan Originator in Irvine, CA (US)
    Former Employee - MOrtgage Loan Originator in Irvine, CA (US)

I worked at Activus Home Loans full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great training and management. They offer extensive hands on training and excellent benefits. Beautiful office environment very professional and up scale.

Cons

Over worked leads that are too old and unqualified for approval and time is wasted on the reworks and submissions. Also the processing is very weak.

Advice to Management

More qualified leads

"L.O"

Former Employee - Loan Officer in Irvine, CA (US)

I worked at Activus Home Loans full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Once a week lunch. It does not make up for the negatives.

Cons

Stay away from this company. They lie to get you in and the turnover is high. No ethics. They pretend to have them. Just read the negative comments posted as they reflect the true face of this company. Nothing good about it. Good companies are hard to find and this one is no exception.

"Beware"

Former Employee - Loan Officer in Irvine, CA (US)

I worked at Activus Home Loans full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free coffee daily and free lunch on Fridays

Cons

Inconsistent, constant turnover, lack of communication or flat out lies, old leads, blatant favoritism, unrealistic demands, lack of ethics/morals, no PTO/Holiday pay. They will tell you that it is only incoming calls, but what they don't tell you is that you have to "prove" yourself after your training period by calling leads anywhere from a few weeks to a few years old that have been called literally dozens (sometimes hundreds) of times, and you have to submit 3 of those leads to loans before you are allowed on incoming calls. If you can't do that quickly enough then you are laid off/fired. You cannot question anything because that is considered "causing drama" and they will fire you (I witnesses this twice). They will tell you to call people who have been asked to be removed from the call list because "maybe they just weren't interested at the time they said that, but maybe they are now". This is a huge violation of the DNC but they do not care. They will give the same leads out to multiple people on multiple platforms so you have no way of knowing if this potential client is already working with someone else or if they have already been called dozens of times by another LO, or if they have already asked to be removed from the call list by someone else. They will make promises they won't keep and flat out lie to get you in the door. They seem nice enough during hiring/training but then the rules change. Beware.

Advice to Management

Stop lying to your potential employees during the interview/training process just to get people in the door. If you are honest about your expectations and keep your promises your turnover will drastically decline. And don't tell your employees that they should take advantage of borrowers weaknesses to close a loan, that is incredibly unethical! The job of a loan office is to improve the lives of their borrowers, not to take advantage of them.

"Sr. Loan Officer"

Former Employee - Senior Loan Officer in Irvine, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Loan Officer in Irvine, CA (US)

I worked at Activus Home Loans (More than a year)

Pros

You're not micro managed.

Cons

The truth about the compensation & tenure. People come and go, turnover is constant.

Advice to Management

Stop lying to people. Pay a livable wage and you'll be able to keep good people.

9. "Good Company"

I worked at Activus Home Loans full-time

Pros

They have been in business for over 20 years with a solid management team. All in all they do take care of their employees.

Cons

They should allow seasoned veterans to take new leads and not put them in a dialer.

Advice to Management

My only suggestion is I would allow seasoned veterans to take leads right away to see what they can do.

10. "Great company"

Current Employee - Loan Officer in Irvine, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Loan Officer in Irvine, CA (US)

I have been working at Activus Home Loans (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been bouncing around from company to company for a while until I found Activus and it restored my faith in mortgage! The potential here is of what it was in 2004. All the programs, good rates and quick processing - and no corporate BS. Managers are really nice and they have all been here a long time. I am finally getting back on track with my financial life!

Cons

I wish the office was closer to home.

Advice to Management

More BBQ on company lunch Friday! :-)