Action Media Reviews

Found 26 of over 26 reviews

3.7
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

A company within an industry that is unlike any other.

Mar 23, 2021 - Senior Account Manager in Montreal, QC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Being a part of Action Media has changed me both personally and professionally. I've learned so much about myself. There is never a dull moment and it's refreshing to work with management that engages its employees on several levels of the business. This organization has grown exponentially since I started almost 5 years ago and I am proud to say that I have contributed to that growth, and that I grew with it as a person. The sky is the limit in the affiliate marketing industry and I look forward to seeing the growth that the next 5 years will bring. Thank you Action Media!

Cons

I don't have much to say here. I will say this; With hyper growth comes growing pains. I am an individual who needs to be as organized as possible and I wish there was more of a team effort to achieve that.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

If you're sick of your job making you "dumber," work here.

Dec 3, 2019 - SEO Copywriter in Montreal, QC
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Emphasis on learning, collaboration, perseverance... these aren't just throwaway things every company blabs on about. We actually embody these in all we do here. -Education programs (conference opportunities, Kindle loaning program, e-course budgets, demo days, lunch and learns) You will build your skills here. -Amazing coworkers -- HR is a bit picky about who they hire, and the smartest, friendliest, most collaborative and supportive people work here. We all push each other to do our best. -Flextime, private in-office yoga every Wednesday, free breakfasts, snacks, and catered team lunches, games room, metro pass subsidy, like there are so many things. -Metro is attached to the office building (better commute!)

Cons

I guess I drank the Kool Aid, I really can't think of anything to put in a review, haha. Fully realise this sounds too good to be true, I promise it's not. Love my job.

Action Media Response

HR Manager

Thank you, we appreciated such a detailed review. It gives a strong insight into our culture that we're very proud to have built!

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

I sing to work every day !

Nov 28, 2019 - Account Manager in Montreal, QC
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Flexitime hours -Free breakfast - Free Coffee and Tea - 3 weeks vacation (including Xmas holidays) -Monthly free lunch - Quarterly group activities - 3-4 Parties a year - Game room with Nintendo Switch and ping pong table - 1 hour lunches - Half day Fridays - Downtown office right over Peel metro - The coolest people and management - Great insurance package and benefits - Quarterly Bonuses - Competitive salaries When I told my old man about my job and these benefits .. he told me if it was his job he would be singing to work every day. He’s right , I am very grateful for everything this company offers and I appreciate every day I’m there. There’s not a dull day at Action Media!

Cons

- by Friday there are no more avocados or bananas left in the kitchen - in the afternoon all the bathroom stalls are taken so I have to go on another floor to use the toilet - in the winter , can’t decide whether to wear my winter jacket for the 5 second walk to the metro

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Kind people and Nice Environment

Sep 20, 2018 - Assistant in Montreal, QC
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Flexible schedule, nice environment, (friendly people), casual work attire, breakfast is good (lots of variety). The location is great too.

Cons

I haven't worked here long enough, so far, so good.

1 person found this review helpful
  5. 5.0
    Current Employee

GREAT PLACE

Jan 31, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Action Media has a great work environment. Everyone here is really friendly and kind. There are many opportunities to grow and develop at this company. I definitely recommend working here.

Cons

A fitness program would be great.

2 people found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Current Employee

the best

Jul 5, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

nice people downtown office as much coffee as you like :)

Cons

nothing is wrong at this office

2 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

A beautiful place of joy and respect

Jul 5, 2017 - Junior Developer
    Business Outlook

Pros

○ Half-day fridays make me feel more free and help me focus ○ There is always good food to eat ○ All the employees are friendly and easy going - especially the social media manager ○ There is a bonus every three months ○ Great insurance plan ○ STM pass compensation

Cons

Sometimes my sides hurt from laughing too much

4 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work

May 4, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Half day Fridays Free breakfast Attainable goals Relaxed work environment Friendly teams

Cons

Reactive culture Sometimes lacks proper communication between different channels

3 people found this review helpful
  9. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to learn accountability and use tools you wouldn't normally have access to

Mar 10, 2021 - Marketing in Montreal, QC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible hours with half-day Fridays, HUGE plus when you have kids and have countless appointments..having this block of free time really helps work-life balance. We get the week between Christmas and New Years off, paid. Most companies close for that week and require employees to use their vacation days to fill the gaps. Vibrant & fun team! Constantly challenging each other to think creatively and outside the box, and always there to help when needed. Big on collaboration. Managers are accessible, and pretty hands-on with career development. Most actively listen and encourage employees to have an active role in their performance plans. If there's a specific project or pivot I want to focus on for a quarter, I discuss with my manager and it gets built into my performance plan. So not only do I have the opportunity to learn outside the scope of the my role, but I also get rewarded for it in the form of a bonus (and it benefits the company of course!) Location (pre-covid) was perfect - right at Peel metro. Now we're all fortunate to be WFH.

Cons

Can take some time to get certain things approved, making it difficult to set deadlines and manage time properly.

10. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great company, bad moment

May 16, 2019 - Web Developer in Montreal, QC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good perks, great people, great environment

Cons

a lot of changes right now

Viewing 1 - 10 of 26 Reviews