Acquis Consulting Group Reviews

Updated Jul 7, 2020

3.9
Acquis Consulting Group Co-founder and Managing Partner David Kaufman (no image)
David Kaufman
  1. "Great company, amazing people"

Current Employee - Technology Solutions Consultant

I have been working at Acquis Consulting Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This is definitely a situation where you don't dread going to work every day because you get to work with the brightest, most passionate people. Not that the work itself is bad (standard consulting stuff), but the people are unlike any I've worked with at other consulting firms. Super passionate, hard-working, and supportive. Each and every person I've worked with wants to help me get ahead, and the leadership and AMs/PMs work to get me into projects that I am interested in.

Cons

It is expected that you will be very clear about the projects/positions you want. To the few super negative comments I've seen about the company on Glassdoor, I would guess that either (a) the person left not on their own accord and is bitter about that or (b) they didn't speak up for what they wanted. I've found that most people at the company are very clear and direct with what they want and leadership works to get them that as a result. As someone who doesn't have that skill naturally, it is more difficult to get ahead.

Continue reading

"Growing firm that truly cares about you!"

I have been working at Acquis Consulting Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Just started at Acquis a few months ago and my experience has been amazing so far. -Good pay/benefits -Small firm feel that really allows you to get to know everyone -Autonomy -Work-life balance -Committed leadership; I have a few personal experiences with this so not just saying it

Cons

Small firm requires everyone to wear multiple hats but this is not necessarily a con. if you enjoy doing/learning a variety of things

"On balance, a great company, you can thrive if you want to push yourself"

Current Employee - Engagement Manager

I have been working at Acquis Consulting Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great work/life balance, entrepreneurial spirit and actions to back that up, ability to guide your own career path far more than at other firms. The company will not push you in your career, if you want something you need to be open about it and work hard to achieve it. The partners actively try to staff you on projects that make sense for your personal circumstances, there is a lot of care and attention in the background on staff happiness and project alignment. This care and attention to detail could be communicated more to the persons affected, otherwise we only hear about it 2nd or 3rd hand. I've worked at smaller firms as well as a couple of the Big 4. Bearing in mind that Acquis is not a 100k employee firm, the work is challenging, the clients are a fair mix of challenging and enjoyable. The culture is one of the best I've experienced. This is a very transparent company, as a result you need to be able to adapt and approach things with a positive attitude. Negativity without constructive feedback will quickly back yourself into a corner, and limit your career.

Cons

None really. People need to understand it's a smaller firm, so you need to be highly self motivated. If you choose to coast that is your choice, the firm wants you to succeed because we all benefit from your success.

Continue reading

"Rewarding and interesting work with the best people!"

I have been working at Acquis Consulting Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly culture and work-life balance. Consultants progress further and faster than they would at any of the Big 4 firms. Good pay and incentive based bonus scheme. Really fun people - we work hard and truly have fun with each other. Good variety of work and opportunities to learn new skills. Open to flexible working.

Cons

No company is perfect, but the difference I’ve seen at Acquis is the culture which actively looks for ways to improve. I’ve seen many positive changes since joining.

"The worst company I have ever worked for by a mile!"

1.0
    Former Employee - Engagement Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Acquis Consulting Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Some smart people, less travel compared to other consulting companies, salary can be OK if negotiated properly, flexible work and travel policies

Cons

Most of the junior to mid-level people are great at what they do because they come from other consulting companies and have been trained well but the senior people including the partners are clueless on how to run a consulting company and refuse to heed the advice of others who do know what they're doing. All the really good people who join from other companies realize this and leave within a year or two leaving behind the people who aren't very good. Now this company has quickly filled up with absolutely terrible to mediocre consultants. To the consultants with options - get out as quickly as you can before you become labelled as the consultants from Acquis who shouldn't be touched with a ten-foot pole. You will then never be able to leave. Recruiters from many companies will already no longer entertain applicants from Acquis anymore. The partners also keep starting side-practice areas and list it on the website but provide no support or resources to these practices which then fail. This has happened so many times that it is now a running joke.

Continue reading

"Opportunity to really make a difference"

4.0
    Former Employee - Project Manager in London, England

I worked at Acquis Consulting Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Opportunity to make a difference to both clients and the company. Being a smaller company they can take the time to understand each consultant`s strengths and aspirations and try to tailor engagements to match these and help consultants grow their skills and experience. Culture is something that the company is proud of and they work hard to develop their culture and build great working relationships across the business. This reflects in great teamwork on both client engagements and internal initiatives.

Cons

There a a lot of internal initiatives running, which can be difficult to keep track of.

Continue reading

"Working with well - rounded people"

Current Employee - Engagement Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Acquis Consulting Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Working with a broad range of talented well-rounded individuals, interesting and challenging projects and the success of clients. Clear emphasis on culture and team management within the company.

Cons

Nothing necessarily springs to mind.

"Love Acquis!"

I have been working at Acquis Consulting Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work - all of the projects I have done so far at Acquis have been incredibly interesting, rewarding and with great clients. Team and Culture - all of the people at Acquis are fantastic from the most junior right the way up to the most senior person in the business. The Partners are of course very busy but my interactions with them have always been great and they seem to really care about you. Genuinely, I love working at Acquis and am so happy I made the jump from Big4.

Cons

Nothing to report, genuinely. I noticed some of the negative reviews. My opinion is that as with all companies of this size, there will always be the occasional disgruntled former employee. The vast majority of people at Acquis have a positive experience.

"A nice break"

1.0
    Former Employee - Engagement Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Acquis Consulting Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Limited travel, hours not too crazy, cool people at lower level, salary can be okay if you negotiate up front.

Cons

Leadership is a joke. The company keeps on creating side companies that fail or nobody understands, as in they make an offering that they pour time and money into that yields 0 in revenue. Anyone good leaves after a year or two. The turnover is insane, it is common for 15 or more people to leave and they all go for the same reasons. No bonuses are paid, the work sold is all outsourced busy work, nobody at the top can coach you, super rude CEO, no room for growth, politics of favoritism without any focus on merit. You can work here for years and neither partner will even acknowledge you exist, even when you leave.

Continue reading

"Great company filled with people who care about its clients and each other."

Former Employee - Engagement Manager in New City, NY

I worked at Acquis Consulting Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Joined from a large consulting company. Was looking for an entrepreneurial opportunity and got that and more. Acquis leadership is open to expanding the service lines it offers or growing into whole new markets when it finds unmet market needs it feels that it can add value to. During my tenure it launched two new service lines and several adjacent companies. It allowed me the opportunity to gain experience as an entrepreneur while earning a full-time salary. It put the onus on those who wanted to be entrepreneurs to step up and play the role with limited risk. It's not for everyone but if that's what you want and you have interest/an idea and a desire to pursue that path then it can be a great place. The firm is what you make of it. The leadership works to empower people to take the initiative to pursue things the employees want to do.

Cons

As a smaller consulting company (<100 people) the opportunities aren't as numerous as you see at the larger firms. Didn't impact me since the work was closely related to the kind of work I wanted to do but occasionally saw colleagues not able to get onto the type of project they wanted to do.

Found 24 reviews