Achievers Employee Reviews about "achievers"

Updated Nov 2, 2021

Found 74 of over 354 reviews

4.3
Achievers CEO and President  Jeff Cates
Jeff Cates
Pros
  • "I've worked at organizations where 'culture' was only a buzzword -- not at Achievers(in 56 reviews)

• "Great people, great company culture(in 27 reviews)

• Cons
  • "I'll share a few notes to anyone who would consider joining Achievers(in 37 reviews)

• "there is no free parking provided by the office ( I dont know if any company in Toronto provides that)(in 14 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

What people are saying about Achievers

Join the conversation on

Tech

240.2K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.ca&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Employer-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Achievers~250201
    Join the conversation on

Reviews about "achievers"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

They take great care of you!

Nov 2, 2021 - Account Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Very flexibile to accomodate you and give you the necessary tools to succeed - almost to the point where there are TOO many tools and software. - Leadership is very strong and well-rounded - especially on the sales side - Market strength, many great customers and resources to continue its position as a leader. Recent acquisition of Tembosocial was very welcomed. - New office space that looks amazing - Very flexible with what you want for remote work - Sales culture is very balanced, not too strict but also not too loose. They give you lots of freedom to do your job. - Diversity of hiring: Achievers likes to look at all demographics to round out their teams, making for a fun and lively teamwork environment - Very close-knit workforce and are very receptive to internal career changes as they take pride in their culture. They are also very receptive to new ideas, and so you can expect to make an easy impact with your team/dept.

Cons

- Innovation is a concern, given that the technology needed to take the Rewards and Recognition market to the next level may be limited currently. Achievers also doesn't necessarily have the firepower to keep up with companies like Microsoft and Oracle who are entering the employee experience space. - Sales processes could be much more efficient to proactively capture more prospective customers. Some reps will usually turn a blind eye to anything outside of their allotted account list. This leaves too much up for grabs and at risk of losing prospects to competitors. - CRM management is a big weakness but Achievers has - to their credit - begun to put more time into this area. - Would be nice to have the full total ability to work anywhere in the world

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Amazing company culture and a great place to get software experience!

Aug 27, 2021 - Anonymous in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

-The culture at Achievers is truly amazing. For the most part, everyone is very happy, hard-working, collaborative, and intelligent. -Strong job security -Great product in a growing market -Employee benefits are very strong -'Unlimited vacation' -Work from home is allowed

Cons

-Career progression - it's fairly hard to be promoted regardless of your performance. There's a lot of 'office politics' involved with promotions. Also, job openings are limited. -Competitive salary - unfortunately, Achievers tends to pay below industry standards for most positions. This is likely a tradeoff for the great benefits package. -Need new/better laptops and tech for all employees

3. 3.0

Achievers

Jun 14, 2021 - Implementation Manager in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

The culture! You will not find such an amazing culture like in Achievers. New ideas and process improvements are encouraged, product feedback is taken seriously. You will make friends for life here and gain very valuable work experience.

Cons

Leadership. Many managers from different departments don't care about their teams, extremely understaffed and employees can be very stressed and work till late at night. Many promotions happen frequently but they are unfair (manager's friend, the client's daughter. In a team of 7 people of which 6 were immigrants, the only white person got promoted - who had been there the shortest amount of time. Team leader got chosen because he expressed interest in the role, but wasn't qualified.

4 people found this review helpful
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

They Walk The Walk And Talk The Talk

Apr 30, 2021 - Marketing Manager in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are constant opportunities to engage with peers or senior leaders, even in today's remote environment. The internal "Aspire" platform shows recognitions and achievements, and the daily (quick) update meeting lets you know the corporate priorities. The company is very focused on rewarding and making it a great place to work for all.

Cons

Work-life balance is a struggle in any company, including Achievers as there are many priorities and projects in the queue. HOWEVER, the company is actively working to solve this issue by hiring more workers and providing additional days off as a thank you for the extra work hours being put in at night due to the pandemic. I would not let this be a deterrent for applying.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Inspired and empowered by its culture

Apr 29, 2021 - Manager in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

-I've worked at organizations where 'culture' was only a buzzword -- not at Achievers. I'm continually impressed by the leadership's commitment to building a strong culture and practicing what they preach. Using the Achievers product internally is also cool and helps employees truly understand and buy into the company's mission. -The CEO Jeff Cates recently introduced "monthly development check-ins" across the company, which encourages employees to carve out time to chat about development goals with their managers. I really appreciate this initiative because it speaks to Achievers' commitment to personal and professional development.

Cons

Meeting heavy at times; however, leadership is implementing strategies to address this

6. 5.0

A Great Place to Work!

Apr 29, 2021 - Business Development Manager in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Achievers is a great organization. They hire great people, offer work-life balance, and really practise what they preach.

Cons

I can't think of any.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work -- if you can handle the ride

Apr 29, 2021 - Product Marketing Manager in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people you work with are what make Achievers so special. Some of my closest friendships come from this company! I've found when I ask for further opportunities (such as professional development or a promotional track) it happens. Plus, our CEO is a rockstar!

Cons

Took the company some time to find its footing with working remotely and developing work-life balance. 2020 was a tough time to work at Achievers, but 2021 has been a lot better.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

They take good care of you

Apr 29, 2021 - Sales Development Representative in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

- As an SDR they really pamper us. Always supportive/Not cut-throat at all, realistic targets, a fun and challenging sales process, plus invest a lot of money in sales tools that make the job very easy and efficient. - The managers are very very good and understanding. Yet they're fair and honest. - The AEs you work with are sometimes hit and miss depending on their willingness to work with you closely, but if you put in your fair share they will value you very much - Good company sales rep too with lots of good customer references

Cons

- The career development is not overly promising. They work hard to ensure it happens but it's still cyclical and spots aren't always open to move into, which can be frustrating. - The sales process can be long and grueling given the nature of selling to HR and the platform itself. So be prepared to be in it for the long haul - it does pay off though. - The platform and overall Rewards/Recognition market is becoming quite saturated with lots of fast movers and big names like Microsoft coming in. Achievers has slowed down a bit in terms of innovation and it's very unclear if Achievers will be in a position of success down the line. - The selling environment lately given COVID and WFH has been pretty dry. Using the phones, email, and social media can only do so much and has lost it's dynamic edge. Hopefully this changes when things open up.

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing company with growing pains

Apr 29, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Despite our revenue taking a bit of a hit, Achievers was relatively untouched by COVID (no furloughs or lay offs). Pay seems to be above average compared to many companies of our size. We have a few unique perks like flexible (unlimited) vacation, phone subsidies, generous rewards & recognition, top of the line tech stack, generous referral program, several ERGs, and good benefits from day one. It's also very easy to move around within the company which leaves room for lots of growth.

Cons

Many elements of our culture dropped off when we started to work from home, but I think this is typical. The company can be a bit slow to get rid of managers who aren't well liked, but they still seem to go on mass firing sprees for seemingly good employees each quarter which is a bit daunting. Aside from that, the C-suite is completely caucasian. We could use a MUCH more diverse leadership team. Achievers is rapidly growing, which is a good thing. But there are constant changes being made, and it's hard to keep up when communications aren't good.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Growing company with a great mission

Mar 15, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been at Achievers almost 3 years and this last year by far has been the best year of my career. Needless to say, change in leadership has paid in dividends to bring the exciting work back in to the engineering department. CTO has been great at providing all sorts of growth opportunities to the entire department which essentially made me stay longer, and the direction from CEO has made the organization feel like finally we have a mission that we can rally behind. - Amazing People. Seriously. There is strong emphasis on hiring for the culture. While the skills are important, hiring people that other people want to work with makes the biggest difference in enjoying work in this place. All the teams and people I worked with so far has been great joy. - Great tech stack with tons of opportunities to learn all the new technologies that are in demand. Some of them are GCP, Kubernetes, Docker, Python, GRPC, GraphQL, and many more. - Great mission. I think this is something most candidates do not think about, but this is important for me. I like to believe that what I do puts smile in someones face at the end of the day, and our software is all about making employees all around the world happier. - Deserved promotions. All the hard workers in the engineering department always got their promotion. Hard work is noticeable by leaders. - Improved Salaries to meet the market. This is very recent actually, and I'm super happy with the new adjustments. - Business is growing rapidly which means accelerated growth for people who are willing to put in the effort.

Cons

With the recent salary adjustments it's hard to find cons. I'll share a few notes to anyone who would consider joining Achievers. - Not a great place for people who do not care about mission of a company. - Not a great place for people who want to coast during the day without improving their skillset. It is a tech company, and anyone who wants to join should be curious enough to willingly improve their skillset even outside of the work hours. - Not a great place for code monkeys. We are here to provide solutions and support business. Therefore, understanding the tradeoffs and values in business decision would be key for any engineer looking to join here.

6 people found this review helpful