Accruent Employee Reviews about "open pto"

Updated Nov 10, 2021

Found 37 of over 461 reviews

3.6
Accruent President Andy Ruse
Andy Ruse
Pros
  • "Everyone at Accruent is extremely supportive and they truly care about your personal well being and professional growth(in 101 reviews)

• "open PTO, you are encouraged to take time off and they offer it without a lot of restrictions(in 37 reviews)

• Cons
  • "very few happy customers due to some product issues but mostly the hassle of dealing with Accruent(in 66 reviews)

• "Sometimes working remotely out of the New Orleans office can be a little inconvenient with most of the team working out of Austin(in 22 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

Join the conversation on

Tech

106.5K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.ca&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Accruent~16198
    Join the conversation on

Reviews about "open pto"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 3.0

Project Manager

Jul 13, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Open PTO- I have heard people discussing limits though They are activity trying to improve the culture, and I feel,the senior management is serious about this.

Cons

Stack Ranking will continue to cause high turnover unless further modified.

8 people found this review helpful

Accruent Response

COO

Thanks for your feedback. As you note, we are diligently working to make Accruent an enduringly great company. We are a Meritocracy. Our rewards are based on performance. Since over 2/3 of our employees will see one or more compensation increases since January, I am unclear as to your concern on our processes. I encourage you to engage with me or someone you trust to get the facts on our processes and our efforts to be a Meritocracy. We are very open and transparent about this. Best, Wayne Roberts Chief Operating Officer

2. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

The right place to work if you have the right manager

Nov 10, 2021 - Software Support Specialist I
      Business Outlook

Pros

* Ken's beautiful face * Decent salary with good benefits * everyone always try to make it a fun environment to work * open PTO, you are encouraged to take time off and they offer it without a lot of restrictions

Cons

* too many non-essential processes in place, essential process are made up on the spot. too compartmentalized, you are sitting and waiting for bureaucracy to take action * lack of communication between teams

3. 4.0
      Current Employee

Good company, low pay

Jan 23, 2021 - Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

The People are the best part of the company. Open PTO.

Cons

Compensation is below market for many roles

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Start Up Culture with Lots of Growth Potential!

Jun 12, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

My job at Accruent allows me to do a variety of things. I focus mainly on finding top talent, but also get to work on employer branding. I'm currently the lead on two projects: Sourcing Accountability and Employer Branding. Holding our Talent Acquisition team accountable to proactively find the best candidates is a top priority as it will enhance Accruent's culture. In addition to sourcing the best of the best, focusing on getting Accruent's brand recognized by virtually everyone will solidify our place in the market. I absolutely love the ability to directly make a difference with these two projects! I've worked for very large corporations as well as much smaller companies with less than 100 employees and Accruent fits right in the middle which is perfect for me. They're a large enough company to allow for growth and opportunity as they're consistently growing but they're also small and boutique in that you're encouraged to be vocal and contribute to improve processes. The fact I'm able to have open conversations with just about anyone at Accruent encourages me to get outside my comfort zone and learn new roles and departments I never had the chance to interact with at other companies. Everyone here seems to encompass the "work hard, play hard" mentality and Accruent rewards that with open PTO to mentally re-charge when needed.

Cons

There's always room for improvement with communication and transparency from the top down.

5. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Good for getting your feet wet

Jun 25, 2019 - Product Manager in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

It's got your typical "we're a hip office" feel." Lots of games, snacks, beer. Working at the Domain is actually really cool too. Just beware the open office concept if that's not your jam. Benefits are OK. Mostly standard but they have some cool options like legal services and identity protection. The Open PTO is awesome (I've been discouraged from using it, but ignored that). Steps to my next promotion have been fairly open/transparent. Good place to jumpstart your career with opportunities. If you work hard, perform well, and pester your bosses, they'll take a chance on you with a new role.

Cons

Salary / Compensation package / Bonus payout. Salaries are under market, which means as soon as anyone gets some modicum of experience, they'll leave for a place that, in many stories I've heard, will nearly double their salary. That means we lose a lot of internal knowledge and for my role specifically, means I have to pitch my product development projects again and again and again to new internal stakeholders.

1 person found this review helpful
    6. 4.0

Defining the future of New Orleans Tech Culture

Jun 12, 2019 - Associate Software Engineer in New Orleans, LA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The freedom that Accruent provides is a huge plus for me. We have core hours for our Agile Scrum meetings and team responsibilities but we have a ton of leeway in deciding when we come and go. Also if we're more productive working from home, we have that option. Or if we just need a day or two to recharge and strike that perfect work-life balance, we have open PTO in place. There is also no shortage of extremely smart and motivated individuals at this company that provide great examples of how to thrive in this industry. The passion behind refining the quality of our software and culture are very apparent here and I hope that continues to grow at the rate that I've experienced so far

Cons

Accruent's offered salaries are collectively below the market norms for various positions. As we continue to expand, hopefully this will be addressed sooner than later. We are building a product that I'm quite proud of and would hate to lose anyone before we reach our realized potential

7. 4.0

Good Company

Jun 6, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture of the New Orleans office is great. Benefits like open PTO are huge highlights in the company.

Cons

Entry level positions aren't compensated well.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Accruent New Orleans- Great company to work for!

May 23, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA
      Business Outlook

Pros

* great office culture in New Orleans- fun events planned for staff like happy hours, volunteering opportunities, team building activities * office perks like free coffee, snacks, soda, and a brand new office being built out for us * open PTO! company is very outcomes-focused, lots of trust given to employees * flexible work environment * company has a high growth trajectory. looking to add many more positions in the future, so there is opportunity for growth * company upholds values in many office practices

Cons

* you have to pay for parking

9. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

A good place for a stepping stone

Apr 14, 2019 - Software Engineer In Test in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of experience to be gained due to the large amount of products and high need to technical adaptation. Open PTO is pretty good depending on management. Work/life balance is solid, bar for a few very long days or weekends.

Cons

Salary is not market value and management is not always the most transparent when it comes to achieving a higher salary opportunities, if any are even really possible. Numerous times I had management try to dissuade the idea of getting higher payment even after being there for more than a year. Management doesn't really do much to try to keep longer term employees happy for their tenure and thus causes a drop in morale. Often times other employees would quit and management would do little to fill in the position, simply causing more work to be put upon the rest of the team. Even times when there was a skeleton crew management did little to try to fill in positions. The worst part I would say is communication. Often times I felt like I couldn't trust my manager if they were given the choice between doing the right and fair thing, versus getting doing something that would make them seem better to higher execs. Other times there were various moments of unprofessionalism displayed, such as favoritism and bias toward certain other employees or immature behavior in team building activities. Engineering especially is in a strange spot. Various times I saw the company prefer to user contractors instead of hiring local employees, so this calls into question the job security of such a job. Even one incident where a team was suddenly laid off without given a warning.

8 people found this review helpful
    10. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Dying culture, poor salaries

Sep 10, 2018 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people at Accruent are great. I have made friends and connections I will keep for years (although many of the best have left the company). There are good opportunities for career change and career growth at Accruent, more than at any other company I have worked at. They will hire people with little job experience if they are a culture fit and show strong potential. They are a great opportunity to those looking to change careers or just starting out. The benefits are good, especially the open PTO and overall work/life balance.

Cons

The employee turnover rate is terrible at Accruent, somewhere in the 30% range. The leadership blames the turnover on external factors, like the competitive job market, but the problems are internal. The culture isn’t what it used to be. A few years ago culture, values, and employee morale were a major driving force of the company. There were frequent company sponsored events, constant communications about the status and direction of the company, and leadership made it a point to get to know people. Everyone was made to feel that they had a place within the company. The culture is now no longer a priority. Company sponsored events have been downgraded or quietly removed from the calendar. Perks and benefits have been withdrawn or replaced with lessor alternatives. Communications from leadership has become superficial. There is little company-wide unity. Don’t be fooled by the gym and free snacks. Salaries are well below market. If you get an offer they will lowball your salary request, and if you take the job don’t listen to the claims about opportunity to raise that salary. Raises are rare and even with promotions you will still make less than average. The company also has a history of laying off employees who joined through acquisitions only because they make market level salaries. Innovation and new product development is not a priority. Any new development work is small, superficial, and incremental. Teams so do whatever they can to maintain the aging software, and often there aren’t enough people or people with the right skills to do that, meaning promised repairs or upgrades are slow or never happen.

27 people found this review helpful