Accruent Reviews

Found 418 of over 440 reviews

3.5
Accruent President Andy Ruse
Andy Ruse
Pros
  • "Benefits like open PTO are huge highlights in the company(in 36 reviews)

• "Unlimited PTO (Paid Time Off) - As long as your manager approves of it, you can take off while being paid(in 28 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Sometimes working remotely out of the New Orleans office can be a little inconvenient with most of the team working out of Austin(in 22 reviews)

• "Compensation is not at market value(in 16 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Good company

Dec 9, 2020 - Project Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Establish company and lots of training

Cons

Low salary when compared to other companies in the same industry

Be the first to find this review helpful
    2. 2.0
      Current Employee

Account Executive

Nov 27, 2017 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Smart, helpful and talented colleagues, unlimited PTO, flexible hours, and good benefits. Lots of free food and drinks. Variety of company activities to keep employees engaged.

Cons

Management is extremely short sighted. Decisions based on quarterly EBITDA levels. History of treating seasoned, decent people badly. This is not a software engineering business but more of an acquisitions company. Barely any improvements on the products. That said, it’s a good place to earn your stripes and gain experience. Modern workplace in the Domain.

10 people found this review helpful
    3. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Really gone downhill in 2016

Apr 20, 2016 - Anonymous
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people are great here, and there are people who really do care about making changes for the better of the company.

Cons

Accruent is owned and largely controlled by a private equity firm, so those in management and even up to the C level cannot make any decisions without going through this firm first. This results in the low salaries, outdated policies like stack ranking (now called "calibration"), and profit first mentality staying around forever. This past year there has only been a focus on profit, profit, profit, which means they raised utilization numbers so taking "Open PTO" is a dream, not reality. The bonuses were non existent, with no real communication as to why. The bonus structures are changed every year, and every year they find a way to screw the employees out of that money. There was a "talent strategy" last year which on the surface looked like was making some progress, but this year we are back to only a select few getting promotions and hardly anyone receiving a raise of any sort, and forget about it if you are a senior employee with more than 2 years experience. Communication within the company has dropped off to a level where nobody knows what is happening. Management has cancelled 2 of the past 3 all hands meetings. Managers are supposed to have control over things, but everything goes so far up the chain nobody knows who makes the real decisions.

19 people found this review helpful
    4. 3.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Project Manager

Jul 13, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Open PTO- I have heard people discussing limits though They are activity trying to improve the culture, and I feel,the senior management is serious about this.

Cons

Stack Ranking will continue to cause high turnover unless further modified.

8 people found this review helpful

COO

Thanks for your feedback. As you note, we are diligently working to make Accruent an enduringly great company. We are a Meritocracy. Our rewards are based on performance. Since over 2/3 of our employees will see one or more compensation increases since January, I am unclear as to your concern on our processes. I encourage you to engage with me or someone you trust to get the facts on our processes and our efforts to be a Meritocracy. We are very open and transparent about this. Best, Wayne Roberts Chief Operating Officer

5. 1.0
      Former Employee

Yes, I was ALSO laid off while on PTO.

Aug 8, 2015 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Relaxed environment and nice office? Not a pro, but I am posting this to clarify the dismissal while on PTO since the COO said no one was ever exited while on PTO in one of his comments.

Cons

Posting this to echo some other reviewer about being laid off while on PTO. I was out of the country when I got asked to call in. They offered me nothing beyond the minimum one week after my PTO was done. I asked for 2 weeks after I return to the country so I could find another job and the answer was "sorry, we will not offer anything beyond the original "package" At that time most employees were let go in one of their offices. And I was not the only one dismissed while on PTO at that time.

16 people found this review helpful

COO

Again, we have never laid off a current/existing employee while they were on PTO. I have checked with HR, our Acquisition teams, and those that have been around for years. No one can find such an example. Perhaps you were part of an acquisition and not one of the employees retained? In those instances, we notify employees of the acquired company who will not be retained as soon as we can (usually the transaction date or immediately thereafter). If you were an acquired employee and not retained, and since our most recent acquisition was over 9 months ago (and most of them were years ago), you have undoubtedly been in your current role for a while and we wish you all the best. If you still feel my response is in error, please feel free to contact me directly. Thanks, Wayne Roberts Chief Operating Officer

6. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Laid off while on holidays - Ouch!

Jul 15, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- unlimited PTO (or so they say) - working with some genuinely bright people who were interested in mentoring me - easy commute

Cons

- laid off while on holidays without any prior notice - poor communication from direct management on the direction of my team - stack ranking is incredibly demotivating, unless I want to advance by driving other people crazy

17 people found this review helpful

COO

We have never exited an employee who was on PTO. Best wishes in your next role, Wayne Roberts Chief Operating Officer

7. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Up and Down

Feb 27, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are quite a few things that are great with this company. They did recently introduce 401k matching so that is a definite plus. Time off is flexible and for the most part, you can set your own hours.

Cons

Salaries are still WAY behind market value and a constant gripe amongst the employees. Bonuses were also lower this year so you can't believe that bonuses will make up for the lower salary. Management is incredibly scattered. It seems like this company has no real vision. This leads to very unhappy customers. Because there are so many things against you, at best you will come out not losing. There is no real career path here. No long term outlook.

16 people found this review helpful
    8. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Limited growth potential for senior employees

Mar 19, 2014 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Laid back environment / flexible schedule Snacks and drinks in the kitchen

Cons

Limited career opportunities for senior employees Compensation increases are non-existent Only focus on new hires, no attention given to senior level people "Their way or the highway" mentality Product is not acceptable, too many issues Client management is poor

4 people found this review helpful
    9. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

So much potential, so many mistakes

Feb 26, 2014 - Functional Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

- The unlimited PTO policy was a great addition. - Snacks and drinks provided, even beer! - Very flexible around individual schedules.

Cons

- Too many new/inexperienced people. - Too much high level reorganization. - Repetition of useless information (i.e. new hires, sales people training completion, etc.) - Belief in theories that do not translate well to "real-life" - Unable to find harmony between conflicting paradigms. - Confusing promotion process. - Too many executives with too little experience to manage the growth that they are planning. - Products with too many issues to be resolved. - Sales team not effective. - Poor handling of clients. - Focus on new hires education instead of trying to retain staff with knowledge.

5 people found this review helpful
    10. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

ehh

Sep 22, 2021 - Implementation Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Money is ok - good people

Cons

Very corporate and money driven

Be the first to find this review helpful