Abtran Employee Reviews about "toilet breaks"

Updated Aug 22, 2019

2.8
Abtran Chairperson Michael Fitzgerald
Michael Fitzgerald
Pros
  • "Lovely atmosphere , great people and work facilities(in 18 reviews)

• "My own team leader was friendly and undestanding(in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • "Not allowed to be late more than 7 minutes or else they make you sign forms with your team leader(in 25 reviews)

• "Only 7 minutes for toilet breaks a day(in 12 reviews)

Reviews about "toilet breaks"

Return to all Reviews

"Customer service agent Electric Ireland"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Cork

I worked at Abtran full-time for less than a year

Pros

I don't think there were any.

Cons

Only 7 minutes for toilet breaks a day. Stats are sent round on a daily basis to show up people who are not performing well/took too many minutes for their toilet breaks. You spend most of the day getting abuse on the phone so a lot of people only last a a couple of months at most. You are unable to help customers properly as you only have a limited time on the phone with them or you get in trouble.

Abtran2019-08-22

"Customer Service Advisor"

Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Cork

I have been working at Abtran full-time for more than a year

Pros

The hours suit me. This can change from different accounts and different teams on specific accounts and you can be changed in a heartbeat without notice. Great colleagues. Great for learning some basic skills.

Cons

Pay Lack of training Canteen prices No follow through from management Team leaders having no product knowledge as they are moved from all accounts. Lack of respect for employees. Timed toilet breaks. Faulty equipment. The place is walking with the dirt. No sick pay

Abtran2019-03-12

March 13, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to leave this review. We appreciate all feedback and will ensure it is taken on board. If you have any suggestions or would like to give any feedback, please reach out to our internal employee forum.

"Avoid at allcosts"

1.0

I have been working at Abtran full-time

Pros

Nothing. Maybe that working hours are the same every day so you can plan your free time.

Cons

Ridiculous payout. Miserable working environment, specially in farm road building for electricity Ireland. No aircon. You have like half of the table where you have to squeeze yourself next to another depressed employee. Two toilets for whole floor. Canteen always dirty. Training is a bad joke. During the training we did literally nothing, computer issues every day. You cannot use wifi. Toilet breaks timed for seven minutes per day. Managment is a joke. What I really loved was when the shift was over and I could leave this freak show. Hoping for some better job because I will work here I will go insane. Every day I’m full of hate even I’m optimistic person. I don’t want to destroy my mental and physical health. Oh, btw, when you’re sick don’t count with any salary.

Abtran2019-01-28

"Recommend to your enemies"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cork

I worked at Abtran full-time for less than a year

Pros

Few and far between, but here are a few: Little to no pay (minimum wage) 'Managers' are on €10 p/h No bonuses No sick leave You need to swipe into the toilet (yes, they clock the amount of time you spend in the toilet). Just a few of the perks that are involved when working with this company.

Cons

Overall culture is poor Pay is slightly above minimum wage Turnover is enormous (speaks for itself) 7 minutes for toilet breaks during the day Very high expectations for a company that pays as little as they can Promoting back-stabbers to team lead positions (baffling stuff) People management is poor Overall little to no pay, health insurance, sick pay or pension contributions. Staff are unappreciated.

Abtran2018-08-27

September 11, 2018

Thanks for taking the time to leave this review. We appreciate all feedback and will ensure it is taken on board. We aim to create a positive work environment for all our people, so we're very sorry to hear you feel this way. If you would like us to look into anything in relation to your comments, please email us on info@abtran.com.

"Never again"

Former Employee - Customer Support Representative in Cork

I worked at Abtran full-time for less than a year

Pros

There were no pros to this job

Cons

Hostile work environment. Bare minimum of breaks. Only 7 minutes of away from desk time for toilet breaks. Training never sufficient, Excessive call volume. Practically impossible to hit targets for bonuses.

Abtran2018-08-21

September 11, 2018

"abtran as a workplace"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Curraheen, Cork

I worked at Abtran full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Absolutely great people working alongside you, very helpful in every way. good canteen. good parking.

Cons

Absolutely chronic wage although they tend to think they are competive which is complete bull. progression is non existent unless your in a certain "click" and from observations even if you are a team leader your opinion does not count with your ops manager unless it coincides with them. training consists of being stuck in aroom with someone who does not really want to be there repeating the same repetetive drivel.oh yeah and believe me its brief really brief handed repetitive handsheets yes handsheets very little practical hands on bar the call listening with some poor sod who is genuinly trying to hep,and forget it if you have a stomach problem or urinary tract infection or something as toilet breaks are 10 minutes for whole day,wear a catheter bag. staff treated like cattle and not humans.

Abtran2017-11-23

November 24, 2017Digital Content Creator

Thanks for taking the time to leave this review. While we're certainly glad to hear you had a positive experience with regard to our people and the facilities, we will take your feedback re: pay and breaks into consideration too.

"Dead end job"

Current Employee - Sky Advisor in Curraheen, Cork

I have been working at Abtran full-time for more than a year

Pros

Meet nice people Accomodate part time hours

Cons

No sick pay. Toilet breaks are strictly timed each day (10 min ). Bonuses earned are docked for exceeding breaks by 1-2 minutes. Poor pay. Team leaders try to make their job look more meaningful by being extremely strict and treating employees poorly every day.

Abtran2017-02-20

"Bad Choice Regarding a Happy Work Environment"

I worked at Abtran

Pros

You can make friends for life in there, better than being on the dole.

Cons

Very poor work environment, you feel like you are being watched 24-7, like you are being kept in detention after school. Toilet breaks are monitored and you are put into meetings if you are even 1 minute late starting a shift. It very much is the policy that 'if you don't like the job, leave'. I left the position because of the ridiculous expectations when it came to calls. For instance instead of saying thank you to a customer on 1 call, I said cheers which the customer was not at all bothered by as I had resolved their problem (the reason why they had rung!), was then put into a meeting with team leader who stated that saying cheers was not at all acceptable and put me on probation. Simple issues like this are reasons why they have such a high turnover and you feel you are on your own in this place.

Abtran2016-04-18

"Ok to work for if you're stuck without a job"

Customer Service Representative in Cork

I worked at Abtran

Pros

People working there are great fun, they will be the only ones keeping you going. Relatively easy to move up the ladder provided you have a manager/team leader that is bothered to help you out. Good experience in Customer Service to put on your CV Would be a good company to work for if more rules for management were put into place.

Cons

Hard to find a parking space in the morning.. Very low wage considering you'll have to live in Cork (9.30 per hour after probation, 8.89 an hour for first six months) No pension scheme or any other benefits. You'll have to work weekends on a regular basis on certain accounts within the company Your toilet breaks are monitored closely by your Team Leader - only 7 mins allowed during the whole day for breaks You could be moved from one account to the other in a flash, depending on the company's requirements - know agents that got moved 3 times in the space of 2 months. Lack of training on certain accounts however once you're on the floor, you're expected to be a top class advisor. Lots of Acting Team Leader positions being advertised internally - if successful and get the job, expect to be demoted once the assignment is over. If you have other options, take the other job you're offered, probably much better than any starting position in abtran.

Abtran2015-02-09

"Good place to gain admn experience"

I have been working at Abtran full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have been working at Abtran full-time as a Back Office Advisor over the last 14 months. Permanent contracts available. Loads of internal positions such as positions or TL's, Real Time Analyst. Great social gatherings outside of work. Opportunities to be cross trained in several subsections of one department. Interested employees can apply for Abtran's annual Inspire Programme. This provides employees with an excellent opportunity to be trained in managerial positions across Abtran such as training to become a Team Leader. New canteen which has a nice selection of food.

Cons

Cons Extremely poor wages, though wages go up every 6 months by 24 cent. No sick pay. No compensation and benefits package Air conditioning not being set to the correct temperature. This has been going on for months which still hasn't been rectified. Sometimes no air conditioning is on & have to work in sub zero temperatures Team leader emailing if you leave twenty seconds before the end of your shift even though you may have started your shift five minutes earlier. Timed toilet breaks. Daily emails about adherence to schedule that includes name of everyone who is on each team along with each time they were on short break, away from desk at launch. Very strict time management policies in lace. Lack of communication between department and Team Leaders.

Abtran2014-12-16