Absolute Employee Reviews about "senior management"

Updated Aug 16, 2018

Found 7 of over 228 reviews

4.0
Absolute Chief Executive Officer Christy Wyatt
Christy Wyatt
Pros
  • "Some great people work there and the culture was great when I was there(in 20 reviews)

• "Good work life balance and good pay(in 14 reviews)

• Cons
  • "C-level executives threaten and force employees(in 8 reviews)

• "A lot of pressure from senior management, especially quarter end(in 7 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "senior management"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Past its Prime- an Absolute Mess

Oct 9, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Really not many to speak of unless you think free soft drinks and the occasional free pizza really are employment perks! Well there is free popcorn too so maybe that will swing it for some job seekers! It’s a great place to work if you want to learn what not to do and if you want to pick up tips on how to destroy a company quickly. And, if politics and backstabbing are your thing – you will love it here!

Cons

It was once a really good place to work but it’s been going downhill fast for the past few years. There are still some good people here but most have left voluntarily or have been shown the door by a sad excuse for an HR department. Senior management has destroyed a company that was once great and it gets worse every day, led by an out of control CEO. Even more amazing is that the board sits by and does nothing. Marketing needs a complete overhaul, its all about the egos and politics; there isn’t much marketing going on. Sales leadership is a joke too and the company is haemorrhaging sales people, you can thank the C-levels for that. The stock price is dropping, the product portfolio is shrinking and the customers are taking note. As other reviews have pointed out, it will all be over soon.

18 people found this review helpful

Absolute Software

Thank you for your input. It’s clear you enjoy some of the perks we provide and that you have a strong opinion about various parts of the business. We encourage you to share your thoughts with teammates and leaders in the spirit of open communications. The best input is constructive so hopefully you can contribute in this manner. We are proud of our open door policy, and we invite you to speak with your manager or any member of the leadership team to express your concerns in person. We take all constructive feedback seriously and frequently adjust course based on it. As we’ve pointed out in previous responses, Absolute is definitely a place of change. And we recognize that not everyone is cut out for this type of experience. We hope you are able to find some satisfaction in your career at Absolute.

2. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Poor corporate culture, rampant politcs, unethical management

May 12, 2013 - Software Developer in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Well run company from a financial perspective, stable. Positioned well in a growing market segment with strong corporate partnerships. Mature software platform built on unique set of technologies.

Cons

Company is rampant with politics and well known power struggles between current and former executives. Senior management is known to have participated in unethical practices including employee harassment and use of corporate funds for personal gain. Corporate culture is deplorable, highlighted by an ineffective human resources department and unappreciated employees leading to above average turnover.

10 people found this review helpful
    3. 3.0

Frat-boy envrionment

Dec 3, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Decent work environment, close to amenities, easy access from skytrain. Hours of work is flexible and the on-boarding process was memorable.

Cons

Frat-house environment with senior management, although they are all gone today replaced over the last 3 years. The company has struggled to have an identity in an increasingly complex business environment.

3 people found this review helpful

Absolute Software

We appreciate your feedback. As you know, we announced the divestiture of our two secondary solutions in July. This was done in an effort to re-establish a singular focus on our flagship technology, Absolute DDS. This decision has allowed us to build a new brand and sales approach to support and grow this solution. We believe that in the short time since the divestiture, we have taken significant strides to rebuild this identity. Thank you. We hope your time here was enjoyable and valuable to your career development.

4. 2.0
      Current Employee

Unprofessional, unprofitable

Jan 29, 2011 -  in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

No one does what we do, so if you like to geek around it can be fun. Management is loose, so there isn't much pressure.

Cons

Compensation is terrible. Senior management is not competent or mature. Questionable ethics and financial practices. Been a money-loser for years. How long can this keep up? Comic nepotism.

8 people found this review helpful
    5. 1.0
      Former Employee

There are Better Software Companies in Vancouver

Aug 16, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

New office and good perks (free food, beer, etc.)

Cons

Don't expect a long lasting career at this company. The lack of product direction, frequent changes in senior management, and ongoing departmental infighting will eventually result in you being let go or leave on your own. Don't waste your time with Absolute; there are better software companies in Vancouver.

10 people found this review helpful
    6. 1.0

Trouble Ahead

Aug 10, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Unique differentiator on main (and now only) product.

Cons

Recent announcement to divest companies purchased within the last 5 years suggests that the company made a serious strategic blunder investing in those areas and will be now be experiencing significant fallout. Company is a one-trick pony completely dependent on a seriously eroding PC business. Heavy investment over the last 5 years was made on products now to be divested, at the expense of products that remain. The company is left with a "dying on the vine" product that has had very little recent investment to keep it current or relevant. Senior management should get "F" for allowing this to happen. We all know what happens next. Costs will be slashed, employees will be let go. The bleeding has already started and many pink slips have already been issued. This will continue as things are likely to get much worse before anything gets better. At least they have a nice new logo.

24 people found this review helpful

Absolute Software

Thank you for your feedback and for recognizing the value of our unique differentiator – Persistence technology, a distinct competitive advantage for Absolute that no one else can do. The thoughtful approach we’ve taken with our product strategy allows us to seriously invest in this core part of our business. This renewed focus means we can innovate more quickly so we can deliver new capabilities to our customers using fast and efficient product development cycles. In order to optimize our market opportunities, we’re in active collaboration with other IT security vendors and device manufacturers to identify and leverage new ways to extend the benefits of our Persistence technology. It’s a busy time! If you want to keep up with all of the activity at Absolute, check out the Media section on our website.

7. 2.0
      Former Employee

Lack of employee focus

Sep 1, 2017 - Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great product and has a chance to explode if they market it correctly. Do invest in employees on training.

Cons

Below market pay. They have taken away the chance to hit quarterly accelerator's. Which means less in employee pocket and more in company based on your performance. A lot of pressure from senior management, especially quarter end. Job can be stressful due to this. May consider training for managers up to C level on how to treat people.

3 people found this review helpful