Absolute Employee Reviews about "great people"

Updated Aug 21, 2019

Found 20 of over 228 reviews

4.0
Absolute Chief Executive Officer Christy Wyatt
Christy Wyatt
Pros
  • "Some great people work there and the culture was great when I was there(in 20 reviews)

• "Good work life balance and good pay(in 14 reviews)

• Cons
  • "C-level executives threaten and force employees(in 8 reviews)

• "A lot of pressure from senior management, especially quarter end(in 7 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "great people"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best Place to Work!

Jan 16, 2018 - Sales in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, amazing collaboration, semi-flexible hours, lots of opportunity to move up within the company and gain new skills, lots of mentorship from management.

Cons

Compensation could be a bit higher

2. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Ranks lowest for organizations I have worked for.

Aug 21, 2019 - Instructional Designer in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people on the ground in my area, but looking for leadership and strategy.

Cons

No investment in customer training and infrastructure. Product features and updates kept getting kicked down the road. I felt my input on strategy and ideas were not considered. I was constantly asking for projects to work on. Often bored or I was asked to do grunt work. In the year I was there, my manager never made an effort to meet with me. Never experienced this before.

5 people found this review helpful
    3. 4.0
      Former Employee

Great Company

Apr 17, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company, great people and great product! Good process.

Cons

Too many managers and sometimes it is hard to follow.

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Absolute has a lot of potential and heading in the right direction

Jul 17, 2014 - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people with great culture. Absolute has experienced a lot of changes recently but I think this has given us a lot of opportunities to grow and to build on what we already have. We have a strong product in the market and Absolute has proven that they are a leader in what they do. The company has improved on paying attention to what the employees need to grow and the gestures of pizza/popcorn days, baked goods, fruits, show that they want the employees to enjoy the culture here. There is no perfect company out there including Absolute Software but the employees here are kept for the most part happy here.

Cons

Recent changes in management but looking forward to seeing the upcoming opportunities in the business.

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Solid company

Dec 4, 2015 - Anonymous in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people on team Calm and even keeled approach to business and work Good products Periodic fun events and enjoyable work atmosphere Overall a very enjoyable place to work

Cons

Some organizational clarity is still needed but is gradually moving in the right direction Different groups use different methodologies and practices which can be confusing Can be slow to move and adapt compared to smaller organizations

1 person found this review helpful

Absolute Response

Absolute Software

Great feedback. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. Leadership has made a conscious effort to increase communication on the state of the business, so really glad to hear this has been a positive for you. We understand your position on roles and responsibilities. Often times roles expand or adapt based on skills, interests, or bandwidth. If your own responsibilities are becoming less clear, we’d encourage you to connect directly with your manager to ensure you are on the same page and that expectations are managed.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee

Absolute Software, great place to go to work each day.

Jun 16, 2008 - Global Support in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Absolute Software is a great company to work for. The company will continue to grow as the company and its products have a lot of potential. At Absolute the people are great, employees and management alike. It has a very comfortable and relaxed atmosphere, the environment and feel in the office is a very friendly one.

Cons

At this time I can not think of anything worth mentioning.

7. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Management just doesn't get it

Mar 6, 2016 - Account Management in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

People are great and lots of great activities created by the fun team. We may loose that soon because of turnover and new HR leader.

Cons

The CEO has no idea what he is doing. He is taking credit for transforming the company but we haven't seen any positives since he joined the company over a year ago. All he has done is spend money and hire new leaders so that they can save him from failing. He just hired 2 HR people who have no personalities....I wonder how they are able to create a better culture when they have no experience in doing that.

20 people found this review helpful

Absolute Response

Absolute Software

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. Given the length of time you’ve been with Absolute, it’s encouraging to know that you continue to enjoy the people and the activities. The Absolute Fun team works hard to provide us with some very cool and different experiences throughout the year. Absolute has undergone significant change in the past 18 months and we understand that this can be difficult for some. Given you’ve worked here for 5+ years, we have to assume at least part of your experience has been positive. However, if at this time you need additional support, we encourage you to speak directly with your manager. You’re 100% correct when you say that it’s the employees that make things happen. In fact, much of what we’ve accomplished in the past few years has been the direct result of people sharing their perspectives, so your feedback is important.

8. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to a long term career.

Mar 19, 2016 - Technical Support Analyst Level II in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

The environment is great, people are friendly and patience, the location is awesome, there are lots of company's events, and you always learn something different.

Cons

Considering Vancouver cost of living the salary coud be a little higher.

9. 4.0
      Current Employee

Good Company

Nov 19, 2008 -  in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people are great, easy to work with and friendly. The technology behind the product is extremely interesting. The direction of the company is promising.

Cons

It is in transition to become a bigger company and the growing pains that go along with that.

10. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

QA Engineer

Jul 25, 2016 - QA Engineer in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great compony to work for, great people, great environment

Cons

A lot of managers, 'high' managers, and 'super high managers to feed

1 person found this review helpful