Find jobs for QA Engineer

Found 11 of over 288 reviews

4.6
Absolute Chief Executive Officer Christy Wyatt
Christy Wyatt

What people are saying about Absolute

Join the conversation on

We're Pregnant!

1d

a

Manager

19 weeks and dealing with an absolute witch of a client. I want to enjoy this part of pregnancy but finding it impossible with this lady complaining every single second. She knows I’m pregnant. The partner (male) knows I’m pregnant. I’m the damn SME and they can’t deliver this without me. And yet, I feel like I’m locked in a box with a rabid wolverine and the anxiety of dealing with this client makes me dread going to work. Any advice, y’all? It makes me want to quit.

7 Comments

Tech

570K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.ca&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Employer-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Absolute~27386
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Absolute? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Absolute employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question
  1. 5.0
    Former Intern

Good place to work

Oct. 25, 2020 - QA Test Developer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Free fruit and Beer Free vacation trip to whistler

Cons

Nothing I can think of to complaint about.

2. 5.0
    Former Intern, more than 1 year

Good place to work

May 8, 2020 - QA Engineer in Vancouver, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Brilliant people, good work environment

Cons

Slow phase, legacy system, competitive market

3. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great teammates but leadership lacks proper vision and sometimes experience

Dec. 21, 2019 - Senior QA Engineer in Vancouver, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Competitive salary, great company culture and team mates, good perks and benefits

Cons

Management and leadership team lacks long term vision and goals at times. Leadership team are all over the place - not sure if it’s feasible to have so many Chief officers, executives who have to be flown in and beat their accommodations etc. Most of the time you won’t find them at the office. Why not hire leaders locally? Too many hirings and firings! Management not always open to feedback or open to changes internally. Can be difficult to work with HR or management.

13 people found this review helpful
  4. 4.0
    Former Intern, less than 1 year

Good place to work at but salary is not high

Sep. 10, 2019 - QA Analyst in Vancouver, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

office location, training, mentorship, benefits

Cons

Pay is not that great and team members change often

5. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work if you don't mind the job risk

Nov. 28, 2018 - QA Engineer in Vancouver, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work and learn Managers are done of the best I've seen Lots of internal activities to take part in Yearly Whistler trip is fun

Cons

Lots of job cuts has happened and probably will continue Hey used to seeing people come and go, almost as if it's routine and normal Benefits could have been better Increments and benefits aren't that good Not many new things to learn after working for a couple of years Hard to convince manager to try out new things QAs still doing a lot of manual testing. Automation is last on the list

4 people found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

An amazing time to work here.

Mar. 7, 2018 - Senior Software QA Engineer in Vancouver, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

I' worked at Absolute for over a year (I quit as I have to move to another province) and really enjoyed the company culture. Colleagues are friendly , fun , patient and willing to help. The company offers lot of activities allowing employees to have fun after work Working time is flexible and promoting work-life balance.

Cons

None - it's a great place to work!

2 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

QA Engineer

Jul. 25, 2016 - QA Engineer in Vancouver, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great compony to work for, great people, great environment

Cons

A lot of managers, 'high' managers, and 'super high managers to feed

1 person found this review helpful
  8. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Outstanding organization to be part of

Oct. 7, 2015 - Senior QA Engineer in Vancouver, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

I am a qualified engineer who became part of the Absolute team 2 years ago. Primarily I joined Absolute with the interests of contributing and knowing more on Absolute’s unique product offering in the area of Device Data Security. DDS is a very specialized area of evolving industry sector as proven by our very healthy financial status over the years. DDS also has huge potential to scale with every digital device or gadget that may go out to market from manufacturer’s factory line. The services that Absolute and its partners are able to provide with our patented DDS technology is unparalleled to anything I can think of in this business domain or sphere of interest. I have got exposed to working with different development practices and cultures in 3 continents in the world working in companies in Europe, Asia and in North America over the last 18 years. Absolute is my 6th employer in Vancouver and I find Absolute is very unique in many ways. It comes as the #1 company who cares for the wellbeing of its employers. It advocates all its employees to maintain a good work-life balance so that all employers are in a position to make innovative, quality and notable contributions to the growth of the comp