Abell Pest Control Reviews

Found 121 of over 124 reviews

4.8
Abell Pest Control President & CEO John Abell
John Abell
Pros
  • "Excellent management,great benefits also work as a time(in 16 reviews)

• "benefits are well fitted as well as perks of having a company vehicle(in 11 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Working long hours during summer time(in 7 reviews)

• "This is not a 9-5 job, you WILL be working at home - on occasion - after you park your truck(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Generation Z Dream Career

Jan 4, 2021 - Route Manager in North York, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

I wake up most days excited and pumped to start my day. I started off as a Trainee. I worked hard to obtain my license and became an exterminator. I leveled up not to long after that after i finished my degree and within 3 years I have achieved the highest status of technician in the branch. There is a lot of growth, recogination and appreciation when you work for Abell. I Grew up in the early 2000s with shows about evolution & becoming the best version of your self. When you work for Abell you will self actualize to reach your potential. I am humbled with the life opportunity and fulfillment they have provided to me. Thank you

Cons

Some days are a write off due to dynamic nature of the work Emergency calls, Vehicle issues Hand held or phone issues

3 people found this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

A caring company to customers and employees

Apr 22, 2021 - Route Manager in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility, professional support , on the job training, trust and good benefits

Cons

Limited on vacation. Having sales target.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Abell is a great Company to work. Because we Care!

Jan 21, 2021 - Systems Support Specialist in Etobicoke, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly employees who want to work at Abell that help & support each other providing a team atmosphere daily. Management believes employees are important. They genuinely care about employee safety, health & over all well-being providing support where-ever needed. IT department is a fast-paced exciting, creative environment where everyone’s suggestions & ideas are open for discussion. Weekly team meeting help keeping everyone up to date with upcoming projects & timelines, expectations etc. March 2020 our work environment changed due to the worldwide pandemic. Abell’s Management & IT team worked tirelessly to get laptops & work at home supplies for office personnel who could work from home allowing everyone to continue with their jobs. Over the last 10 months so many people have lost their income/jobs. Abell employees are still working from home (when possible) and being supported by our amazing company executive. Best Place to Work – Abell Pest Control.

Cons

Can't think of any at time of writing this review.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great place to work, grow and stay

Jan 3, 2021 - Service Manager in Calgary, AB
      Business Outlook

Pros

Dynamic and supportive employer who places great emphasis on personal and professional development. Privately owned company who is able to pivot and adapt to emerging market conditions and technologies with a strong vision for its future. Leadership team possess hands-on field experience in all areas of operation. Diverse range of client workplaces and industries provide interesting and engaging work environments Collaborative, flexible and supportive work environment with clients and colleagues. Great opportunity to grow and manage your own time, territory and income. Company provides all the tools and technology to be successful in your role. Great pay and benefit options available. Well branded company with both vehicle and uniforms provided. Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life!

Cons

There can possibly be longer work hours outside of 9 - 5, especially during the busy summer months (our peak season) and/ or be on an occasional after hours "on-call" rotation. However with the right mindset and some preplanning this can be seen as an opportunity.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great place to learn and perform pest control

Dec 10, 2020 - QA Auditor in Etobicoke, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Management listens to your concerns. A family company with a true family mentality (i.e. they truly care about the staff and genuinely try to find ways to make your time with the company more enjoyable and easier). When COVID-19 hit, other pest management companies laid off some of their employees, while Abell did not. The company is willing to compensate you for job-related courses and certifications. Management truly puts emphasis on performing good quality work, instead of lots of quantity. Human resources team is fantastic to work with! IT and marketing teams are always coming up with new, innovative programs and projects to help the company and staff members. Management is more than happy to compensate employees for over-time (this is usually not the case with other pest management companies).

Cons

Pay schedule can be inconsistent (ex. It's not every two weeks, but rather as close to the 4th and 18th of the month as possible). Sometimes, not all technicians are provided with the appropriate equipment when they first start.

1 person found this review helpful
    6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

New to Canada and I'm glad Abell is my first company!

Mar 1, 2021 - Marketing Specialist in Etobicoke, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

For me, people are very important and I see that from day 1 at Abell where almost everyone who I have met are approachable and always ready to assist. There is a lot of scope to learn new things and people are open to newer ideas and adapt fast. People are very understanding it truly feels like we are all part of a bigger family and it only gets better everyday. Thank you, Abell!

Cons

There is nothing I could think of.

7. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Excellent work culture

Apr 9, 2021 - Software Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent company culture, family-like environment.

Cons

Not tend to expand the teams as the products are used internally.

8. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company

May 22, 2021 - Route Manager in Abbotsford, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

You earn as much as your willing to work for

Cons

Some clients can have odd demands on your hours

9. 5.0
      Current Employee

Fun and enjoyable career.

Jan 15, 2021 - Service Supervisor
      Business Outlook

Pros

Have been with the company for many years and find that each day is different with challenges that you need to face, with a strong team from the office staff, QA, IT, route managers, and all the way up to the managers you have the support to compete those challenges successfully, we are here for each other as a team no matter what position you are in.

Cons

Must be organized and wiling to work, ones that don’t have a drive will not succeed.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee

Abell pest control- simply the best in the business, employeement wise

Dec 11, 2020 - Route Manager in Calgary, AB
      Business Outlook

Pros

- pay is more then fair! When you put in hardwork , the rewards are great. - they take time to train you to be a great professional in the field & behind a phone. - the ability to control your own work schedule and where you go is an amazing feature and shows alot of trust from a upper management standpoint. - equipment and materials are easily attainable for route managers to get their hands, making it more efficient and quicker to get the job done. - benefits are well fitted as well as perks of having a company vehicle.

Cons

- at minimum times, there can be a error in communication with national account management & between route/ branch managers

Viewing 1 - 10 of 121 Reviews