ANS Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

ANS Reviews

Updated Nov 13, 2019

4.2
ANS CEO Paul Shannon (no image)
Paul Shannon
Cons
  1. "Great leadership and vision"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Manchester, England

I have been working at ANS full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great leaders in the form of the current CEO, CEO and COO. Brilliant synergy between them that motivates you to give it your all.

Cons

Recruitment is slow, doesn't match the rate of growth.

Advice to Management

Never worked in a place with as much energy as ANS, good people grow businesses and we need more of them.

ANS2019-11-13
  2. "Level 3 Technical Analyst"

Current Employee - Level III Technical Analyst in Manchester, England

I have been working at ANS full-time for less than a year

Pros

Really look after staff moral well, great staff 3 monthly events. Vibrant environment to work in. Always looking to improve processes.

Cons

Open office in support section, can be busy, demanding and noisy at times. Need to be able to work in this sort of dynamic environment, plus juggle and prioritize important issues. The great environment does kinda out weigh that the company isn't the biggest payers. I'd say they are a bit below the average for like for like jobs.

ANS2019-10-17

"CRAP place to work in."

Former Employee - Apprentice Technician in Manchester, England

I worked at ANS full-time for less than a year

Pros

Colleagues are nice. Also the apprentice tutor is nice.

Cons

Salary for the work that you do is atrocious in my opinion. Making apprentices do work worth more than 20k a year and you paying the apprentice 7500 a year is disgusting. Also the pressure of the working environment is too high which also means wage should increase. Also the job is very unprofessional as they have social chats at work where people swear at each other in teams at work which is unprofessional in the... working world. Also they even name and shame each other at the ans workplace which in my opinion is awful as this lowers other workers self esteem. Also I would like to complain about the hours they give you in the apprenticeship. 9-5:30 is too long in opinion. It should be 9-5 with 30-60 min break as 9-5:30 is not good for the students work balance. It should be reduced and more balanced out.

Advice to Management

Increase the Salary of the apprentices wage and stop giving them slavery wages. Another apprenticeship called gamma offer easier type of work but they offer 14000 a year which is almost double the amount ans gives you which is 7500 a year.

ANS2019-11-11
  4. "My experience of working at ANS"

Former Employee - Senior Customer Success Manager in Manchester, England

I worked at ANS full-time for more than a year

Pros

Open Door Approach Hugely supportive Forward Thinking Ahead of the game People Flexibility Continuing to expand Quarterly team off site events

Cons

Shares - after working for over 2 years it wasn't clear on the criteria to be eligible for shares.

Advice to Management

Continue on the path you are on, in some cases however make sure everyone one is aligned across all departments to make sure the support of your customers continues to thrive.

ANS2019-07-30
  5. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Development Delivery Manager in Manchester, England

I have been working at ANS full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fantastic company to work for. Amazing people who really care about you as an individual. Best company I have worked for.

Cons

There are no cons at ANS

ANS2019-07-23
  6. "Top place to work!"

I have been working at ANS full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

All employees from all departments are easily approachable, including senior management who are always willing to listen to what you have to say good or bad. Very busy working environment, but this keeps you on your toes and ensures no day is ever the same. Work perks are actually a perk, from the quarterly all staffs to the summer & Christmas parties. Always ahead of the game with the technology and services we... offer. Genuinely care about the customer experience!

Cons

Larger office space would be ideal... but this is already being put in place

ANS2019-04-17
  7. "Excellent company culture - good interview"

I worked at ANS full-time

Pros

Benefits, Location, Team work & Client base

Cons

Working hours, also availability of progression

ANS2019-04-29
  8. "Great business and you will learn a lot if you get stuck in"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Manchester, England

I worked at ANS full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Strong leadership that drive the business forward and innovates. Some really decent and sharp people to work with and learn from. Loads of charity work, nights out, training and good company communication at quarterly events followed by nights out. Scope to progress fast and people are judged on merit not age.

Cons

You have to keep the pace or you won't last.

Advice to Management

Doing a great job and I thoroughly enjoyed my time at ANS

ANS2019-03-25

"Honest review"

I worked at ANS full-time

Pros

Good working environment if your face fits Paul Shannon is fantastic,

Cons

If your face doesn't fit you will not keep your job, even if you are really good at it Managers that do not know how to Manage Caty environment, too many people trying to push their way to the top and stamp on anyone that gets in their way

Advice to Management

Look at how all staff are treating not just the ones who make a lot of noise.

ANS2019-03-19

"Honest Review"

Current Employee - Technical Architect in Manchester, England

I have been working at ANS full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

1. The company actually genuinely cares about it's staff and customers. 2. They don't flog a dead horse, if it's not working they change it. 3. They understand the market and it's reflected in our success.

Cons

1. The pace can be dizzying if that's not your jam, then ANS may not be for you. 2. Sometimes it can feel stretched, need more people. 3. Room for more improvement/investment in internal processes (Expenses, Project Tracking etc).

Advice to Management

Firstly lets get this out the way, I have a managerial role (but a low level one!) and have been at the company 10 years. This is no place for fake or false statements. I started at the bottom and worked my way up, I've had over half a dozen roles and never felt that the company has held me back in moving between technologies and roles. I believe in being honest, and that's part of the reason I'm at ANS, it's... a company where you can have frank conversations with people regardless of level. It's the closest to a true meritocracy I've seen to date in a company I've worked. This needs to be preserved. Pay closer attention to resourcing levels as running things too tight contributes to turnover and is both costing us money and time. Improve legacy, inefficient internal systems/processes using the same methodologies that we deliver projects to customers, invest in resourcing them and it will also give a resourcing cushion to aid future growth.

ANS2019-02-07