AMLI Residential Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated Sep 24, 2019

Found 23 of over 185 reviews

4.6
AMLI Residential Chairman and CEO Greg Mutz
Greg Mutz
Pros
  • "Great company culture and training programs(in 16 reviews)

• "I could have never expected that I would find such a great company so early in my career(in 14 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Some properties are better than others and you can tell by the pressure upper management puts on the not so good communities(in 10 reviews)

• "Community managers can literally have no maintenance background yet make vital decisions in regards to matters as such(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 4.0

Pretty good!

Sep 24, 2019 - Leasing Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Family feel, beautiful communities, and so many opportunities to grow with the company. If you ever feel like any situation is hard, you can reach out to other communities or leadership in corporate for help. AMLI truly wants you to be successful!

Cons

Some properties are better than others and you can tell by the pressure upper management puts on the not so good communities. Research the property you will be hired at and make sure it is one that you see yourself thriving in! Read all community reviews. Another con is some managers you deal with are very messy and petty. This is at any job, but some people that work here will literally try to manipulate you to get information about you and use it against you. DO NOT TRUST EVERYONE. Keep personal info to yourself. There’s no line between personal and work because it is so tight knit among everyone. Managers act like they’re still in high school sometimes.

Recruitment Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are pleased to read your comments regarding growth opportunities at AMLI, as well as how much we embrace teamwork amongst our communities. We agree with you, tenure with the company does not necessarily translate to effective leadership skills. AMLI has many training and mentoring programs for our supervisory staff, so that they can successfully lead a team of employees. We hope you had an opportunity to share more details during your exit interview. If not, you are always welcome to reach out the AMLI HR department for further feedback. Best regards for your continued success.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

One of the best property management companies you can work for....

Jul 24, 2019 - Community Manager in Sunrise, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

* Excellent company culture * Support from upper management * Receptive to employee feedback * Excellent pay * Class A properties * Growth opportunities

Cons

* Limited number of properties in South Florida * Some software is dated

Recruitment Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We are thrilled to read that you are having a great experience and have embraced the AMLI fAMLI culture. We agree with you – we want to continue to grow our footprint in S. Florida. We have two developments in process and always looking for the right properties to acquire in this key market. We have forwarded your comments to our leadership team, but encourage you to reach out to your RM to share more details on your advice, or submit a PPI. Thank you for your contributions and best wishes for your continued success.

3. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Great place to work!!!

Jan 7, 2019 - Community Manager in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Wonderful upper management with an excellent support system from various departments. The company has a one of a kind culture and truly cares about their employees. This company is leading the way with sustainability in this industry and and does all that they can to provide a healthier and more cost effective living environment for their residents.

Cons

No cons, there are many different locations and opportunities to work in Atlanta.

Recruitment Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review. It is rewarding to see your commitment to the AMLI FAMLI culture and your comments about our leadership team and support functions. We appreciate your commitment to our residents and sustainability efforts. Best wishes for your continued success and we hope you will rejoin the AMLI team someday.

4. 3.0
      Current Employee

Good company but losing its touch with the people..

Jun 11, 2018 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great open door policy for onsite and corporate office. Sustainability efforts are industry leading. Beautiful properties throughout the country!

Cons

Company tends to very reactive instead of proactive. There seems to be a disconnect between onsite associates and middle/upper management. Managers should focus on building on their employees skills to help them efficiently develop careers. Due to the size of AMLI, the opportunities are very limited to move up. There are several policies in desperate need to be modified and/or removed all together. Education/training department in need of a major revamp.

Recruitment Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. Please reach out to your Area Vice President, President or Human Resources to discuss your suggestions in more detail. As you may know, we recently conducted an Employee Engagement Survey to ask for input and feedback on what AMLI is doing well and where we can focus more efforts in. We also have our upcoming review of on-site policies and procedures, so this would be a perfect time to reach out. As you said, we do have a great open door policy. We look forward to hearing from you and your continued success.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Love AMLI

Nov 29, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been an employee of AMLI for over 10 years. There is a reason why I have stayed. AMLI treats people with respect, celebrates successes and has integrity. I feel like I make positive contributions, have a seat at the AMLI table and am respected by upper management. The presidents and CEO know people on a first name basis. That doesn’t happen at other companies. I appreciate the time that is taken to understand and listen to the on-site teams. (The ones who do the hardest and dirtiest jobs.) I work with people that have heart, care about one another and celebrate a job well done. You can’t find that anywhere, but you WILL find it here. I am proud to say I work for AMLI. Always will.

Cons

None, AMLI is a great company

6. 3.0
      Former Employee

Assistant Manager

Oct 27, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Good benefits - Online resources available - Always other people to call for help

Cons

- Not a lot of promotion opportunities - Red tape - Upper management contradicts policies

Recruitment Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We are pleased that our employee benefits met your needs and you valued the various resources available within the AMLI organization. Please feel free to reach out to Human Resources, to provide more detail on your other comments. We would be interested in your insights. Thank you for your contributions while at AMLI and we wish you much success in your new role. Regards, Leslie Silverman, SVP Human Resources

7. 5.0

Leasing Professional

Aug 21, 2017 - Leasing Professional in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Management listens to employees (even upper-management, regional, etc). - Amazing "AMLI fAMLI" culture which I thought was really cheesy at first, but then realized how important that is for a strong company to have. There are 70+ AMLIs in the country and you can call any of them at any time if you need something. - Lots of opportunities for growth, being promoted, etc. - Very thorough training from the start. They don't toss you into the weeds and watch you struggle. Regional manager visits often and you also fly to Dallas (depending on your region) for training as well. - You are recognized if you propose an idea and it's implemented - Even if you quit on good terms, they allow you to come back and keep all your numbers at the numbers/sales of when you left. They call it the boomerang club and make it very easy for you to join them again. - It's a very strong company because the locations of these apartments is prime, so you can take pride in selling a premium product.

Cons

I spent a week trying to think of some so I could complete this post....there aren't any.

Recruitment Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review. We are so pleased to read you enjoyed your work experience at AMLI and embraced our AMLI Famli culture. We hope someday you will return and become one of our many rehires or ‘boomerangs’. Best wishes for your continued success.

8. 4.0

Great Company, but Stuck in the Past

Dec 30, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company culture, everyone was very friendly, upper management knew everyone by name, which is hard to come by in a large company such as AMLI. Great pay and benefits, paid time off, etc.

Cons

My only complaint is that the company seemed to be very stuck in the past when it came to several different areas. They weren't very open to hearing new suggestions or ideas and had the classic, "we do things this way because that's how we've always done them" mentality.

HR-Employment Representative

Thank you for taking time to post your comments. We are pleased that you valued AMLI’s culture, benefits and our senior management. We would love to hear more specifics on what areas you think AMLI is not forward thinking. We reward and recognize employees who improve our processes /procedures and have been on the forefront in many new and exciting initiatives. Please feel free to reach out to someone in Human Resources, your former RM or department head if you are open to taking the time. Again, thank you and best wishes for your continued success.

9. 1.0
      Former Employee

service manager

Jan 6, 2017 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

new property but build bad

Cons

upper management blows and does not no what they are doing

2 people found this review helpful

Recruitment Manager

I am sorry you did not have a positive experience. We always encourage all our employees to reach out to Human Resources and/or their Regional Manager. Even though you’re no longer employed with AMLI you’re welcome to reach out to us directly. Regards,

10. 2.0
      Current Employee

Leasing Consultant

Dec 5, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Bonuses, Paid Holidays, Benefits, Hours always end the day around 6pm. This job is somewhat of a networking opportunity to meet with others as you tour them.

Cons

Long days, you will sometimes work 6-9 day stretches with no overtime, typically all in the scheduling. You are required to work weekends and the day right before and right after a major holiday, upper management is a bit callous during holiday season. AMLI wants leasing agents to make good profits since it is a sales and customer service industry. Your sale or non sale numbers are shared with everyone in AMLI to see across the board. Hard to be promoted. Leasing agents rarely make it beyond this position unless you give them 10+ years. Work life balance is awful until you become an actual community manager or in work in their corporate office.

HR-Employment Representative

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and I have shared them with our senior leaders. I would like to clarify that AMLI closes for all major holidays including Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc. Employees who work the day after Thanksgiving receive an additional floating holiday. We are open on weekends to service our residents and to lease to the majority of the workforce that work M-F. As you mentioned, we are in a sales and service industry, so we have more retail type hours, as do most of our competitors. AMLI promotes from within and we have 3 levels of Leasing positions. Additionally, most of our Assistant Managers have been promoted from the leasing role, many after a few years. We ensure that all employees are paid overtime per state and federal law, so please reach out to your RM or Human Resources to discuss your hours and any other concerns/suggestions you may have in more detail. My impression from your review is that you are not engaged nor been embraced by the AMLI culture. I would like us to have the opportunity to help turn that around for you or help you to find a better place where you will flourish. Best Regards.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 23 Reviews