AMLI Residential Employee Reviews about "great company"

Updated Feb 27, 2020

Found 14 of over 185 reviews

4.6
AMLI Residential Chairman and CEO Greg Mutz
Greg Mutz
Pros
  • "Great company culture and training programs(in 16 reviews)

• "I could have never expected that I would find such a great company so early in my career(in 14 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Some properties are better than others and you can tell by the pressure upper management puts on the not so good communities(in 10 reviews)

• "Community managers can literally have no maintenance background yet make vital decisions in regards to matters as such(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "great company"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee

Great place to work

Feb 27, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company culture and training programs

Cons

Having to work on the weekends

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Beyond all expectations

Aug 26, 2019 - Area Vice President in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

For the last 13 years I have worked very hard, embraced the company culture, and navigated my career with integrity. AMLI has consistently given me opportunities to grow as a result. They have let me make mistakes but have held me accountable. They've also given me chances to build upon successes and grow my confidence. I could have never expected that I would find such a great company so early in my career. They have truly beat all expectations.

Cons

We have a policy for seemingly every situation which to me is a reasonable and conservative approach to mitigating risk. To those that struggle to conform to in-place rules and practices, it may take some time get comfortable.

1 person found this review helpful

Recruitment Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. You are truly a great success story. You took advantage of the growth opportunities available to AMLI employees and ran with it. Thank you also for commenting that we do have a structured environment; which many employees will appreciate, but it may not be for everyone. Our standards drive consistency in how we work with our residents and our employees. Thank you for your 13 plus years of contributions and best wishes for your continued success.

3. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

A lot of Pros, a few cons all around great place

Apr 10, 2019 - Leasing Professional in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

We had pretty flexible work schedules, up to date polices and a look of different options to grow. It's a great company and can be fun to work for. You would have your leasing office, but also will become close to the other offices in your region too. Most everyone is really nice and honest. I enjoyed my time.

Cons

You work weekends almost all the time, but it balances out in your pay check. Honestly, work hard and be honest and you'll be fine. Also make sure to schedule things with your manager too.

Recruitment Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. Sounds like you enjoyed the AMLI culture and our collaborative work environment. You are right, weekend work does result in higher commissions. I have passed your post on to the leadership team for their review. Thank you for your contribution during your time with AMLI Best wishes for your continued success. Regards,

4. 3.0
      Current Employee

Leasing

Dec 20, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company culture and product

Cons

Poor onsite management and no work like balance

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work.

Nov 2, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company culture. Ability to move around.

Cons

Insurance too expensive and does not cover much. Not much room for advancement, they sell old properties as the new properties open so the same managers stay with them for years.

Recruitment Manager

Thank you for taking time to post your comments. We are pleased to read that you love AMLI’s company culture. AMLI’s benefit packages offers 2 plans with full coverage, so we would like to have an opportunity to hear your concerns in more detail and walk you through our benefit offerings, especially now with our annual open enrollment. We have many employees who are promoted internally and have long tenure as well as employees we hire from the outside. Please reach out to your Regional Manager and/or Human Resources to discuss your career development and our benefit plans. Best wishes for your continued success.

6. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

The company who does not practice what they preach.

Aug 4, 2017 - Leasing Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Large management company, will train you ( for the most part) , well known company, great policies, great training department, policies are accurate, utilizes one site.

Cons

They are paid " up to date" so even if you give your full two weeks you don't get paid your full two weeks so there's no point, EVERYONE talks about EVERYONE, Half the time you'll be doing your managers work even if you aren't paid for it, everything with the company is about who you know not based on work ethic. Will hire people with no experience and they will make more than you even if you've been in the industry for 3+ years. HUGE turn over rate.

4 people found this review helpful

Recruitment Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. It sounds like you found value in many of our programs. I hope that while you were employed, you reached out to your Regional Manager, Regional President and/or Human Resources to share your concerns in more detail. We have shared this with Senior Leadership, but please know you are welcome to reach out to HR to share some examples. Regarding paying up to date –AMLI’s pays for scheduled hours up front and any adjustment in arrears. Many companies choose to hold back all and pay in arrears. AMLI employees are paid for every hour worked, it just means that we do not hold back checks when you first start with the company.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee

What a great company!

Mar 8, 2017 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, great salaries, great company!

Cons

None, can't think of any.

Recruitment Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We are thrilled that you have such positive comments about your work experience here at AMLI. Best wishes for your continued success. Regards

8. 4.0

Great Company, but Stuck in the Past

Dec 30, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company culture, everyone was very friendly, upper management knew everyone by name, which is hard to come by in a large company such as AMLI. Great pay and benefits, paid time off, etc.

Cons

My only complaint is that the company seemed to be very stuck in the past when it came to several different areas. They weren't very open to hearing new suggestions or ideas and had the classic, "we do things this way because that's how we've always done them" mentality.

HR-Employment Representative

Thank you for taking time to post your comments. We are pleased that you valued AMLI’s culture, benefits and our senior management. We would love to hear more specifics on what areas you think AMLI is not forward thinking. We reward and recognize employees who improve our processes /procedures and have been on the forefront in many new and exciting initiatives. Please feel free to reach out to someone in Human Resources, your former RM or department head if you are open to taking the time. Again, thank you and best wishes for your continued success.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Excellent company

Sep 21, 2016 - Leasing Consultant in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amli residential is a wonderful company to work for there is a great company culture and sense of worth.

Cons

I wish they paid more, but doesn't everybody wish that? There's not really any downsides honestly.

HR-Employment Representative

Thank you for your positive comments about AMLI company culture. I see that you are a Leasing Consultant, so you have significant opportunities to increase your compensation by earning lease bonuses/commissions as well through our Million Dollar Club award program. Best wishes for your continued success at AMLI.

10. 5.0
      Former Employee

Great Company

Sep 14, 2016 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company culture, they make you feel like you're apart of their family

Cons

i do not have any

HR-Employment Representative

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are so pleased that you have embraced and appreciate the AMLI culture. If you have any specific feedback on what we are doing well or have suggestions, please reach out to your supervisor, someone in HR and /or the senior leader of your group. Best wishes for your continued success at AMLI. Regards, Leslie Silverman

Viewing 1 - 10 of 14 Reviews