AMLI Residential Employee Reviews about "company culture"

Updated Oct 6, 2020

Found 19 of over 185 reviews

4.6
AMLI Residential Chairman and CEO Greg Mutz
Greg Mutz
Pros
  • "Great company culture and training programs(in 16 reviews)

• "I could have never expected that I would find such a great company so early in my career(in 14 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Some properties are better than others and you can tell by the pressure upper management puts on the not so good communities(in 10 reviews)

• "Community managers can literally have no maintenance background yet make vital decisions in regards to matters as such(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "company culture"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Company and Amazing Support!

Oct 6, 2020 - Assistant Community Manager in Davie, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Bonus Structure, Support from entire company, Benefits, Competitive Pay, Locations, and Company Culture.

Cons

I don't have any cons however I feel that Assistant Community Managers should be more involved in the Leadership Conference to help them prepare for the next step in their career.

Recruitment Manager

Thank you for taking the time to submit your thoughts on working at AMLI. We love the positive feedback regarding AMLI’s company culture, compensation and benefits. While we are not able to include our Assistant Managers at our Leadership Conference, we have various opportunities and resources to help our Assistant Managers develop and be prepared for the next position. I encourage you to reach out to your RM, the Education department, HR, local CM’s to assist you. We have forwarded your comments to the leadership team in Florida, as well. Thank you for your many years of contributions. Best wishes for your continued success.

2. 5.0

Great place to work

Feb 27, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company culture and training programs

Cons

Having to work on the weekends

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

INCREDIBLE COMPANY

Feb 5, 2020 - Leasing Professional in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked for this company for over 3 years and cannot say enough great things about them! From their company culture, to their commitment to resident, their work ethic is impeccable. The level of commitment to their employees with different levels of training, company events, promotions, etc. is outstanding and untouchable. Would love to continue to grow with this company and making real impacts on other's lives.

Cons

No cons at this time.

Recruitment Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review. We are so pleased that you have embraced AMLI’s culture and commitment to our employees. The employees in Houston are a great example of a team that supports each other. We appreciate your contributions these past 3 plus years. Best wishes for your you continued success.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Beyond all expectations

Aug 26, 2019 - Area Vice President in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

For the last 13 years I have worked very hard, embraced the company culture, and navigated my career with integrity. AMLI has consistently given me opportunities to grow as a result. They have let me make mistakes but have held me accountable. They've also given me chances to build upon successes and grow my confidence. I could have never expected that I would find such a great company so early in my career. They have truly beat all expectations.

Cons

We have a policy for seemingly every situation which to me is a reasonable and conservative approach to mitigating risk. To those that struggle to conform to in-place rules and practices, it may take some time get comfortable.

1 person found this review helpful

Recruitment Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. You are truly a great success story. You took advantage of the growth opportunities available to AMLI employees and ran with it. Thank you also for commenting that we do have a structured environment; which many employees will appreciate, but it may not be for everyone. Our standards drive consistency in how we work with our residents and our employees. Thank you for your 13 plus years of contributions and best wishes for your continued success.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

One of the best property management companies you can work for....

Jul 24, 2019 - Community Manager in Sunrise, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

* Excellent company culture * Support from upper management * Receptive to employee feedback * Excellent pay * Class A properties * Growth opportunities

Cons

* Limited number of properties in South Florida * Some software is dated

Recruitment Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We are thrilled to read that you are having a great experience and have embraced the AMLI fAMLI culture. We agree with you – we want to continue to grow our footprint in S. Florida. We have two developments in process and always looking for the right properties to acquire in this key market. We have forwarded your comments to our leadership team, but encourage you to reach out to your RM to share more details on your advice, or submit a PPI. Thank you for your contributions and best wishes for your continued success.

6. 3.0
      Current Employee

Leasing

Dec 20, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company culture and product

Cons

Poor onsite management and no work like balance

7. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Fake, from their company culture to their green initiatives

Sep 25, 2018 - Community Assistant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Big company, easy job, decent money

Cons

Middle school style company culture. Culture is toxic and fake. Everyone will stab you in the back if you let them. HR is no help, and only the evil survive.

2 people found this review helpful

Recruitment Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. It is hard to comment further without more details/examples of why you are dissatisfied with the company culture and HR’s assistance. We recently completed a company-wide employee engagement survey and company culture was one of our highest rated categories. We ask that you reach out to HR or your Area Vice President/Regional Manager to discuss your concern and share more specific feedback. Regards, Robert Heredia Recruitment Manager

8. 4.0

Great company culture!

May 19, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company culture The people

Cons

Chicago corporate didnt seem to care about the employees onsite. Raises for onsite employees aren't great and when you get promoted your pay increase is minimal.

Recruitment Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. AMLI does have a great company culture. I encourage you to reach out to your AVP or someone in Human Resources to share your insights regarding the corporate office. The corporate departments’ purpose is to support the off-site employees, so it is important to get an understanding of what your perceptions are and to address any concerns. Best wishes for your continued success.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Leasing Consultant

Mar 4, 2018 - Leasing Consultant in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits, good company culture, and opportunities for growth and/or relocation. AMLI is very well known and respected in the industry. Employee discount

Cons

Long hours to the point where I feel like I don't have a life outside of work.

Recruitment Manager

Thank you for posting your comments. We are pleased to read your positive view of AMLI’s culture and reputation, our benefits, and opportunities for growth. I am not sure if you are at one of our lease up locations or just one of our busy properties, but please reach out to your Manager and or AVP if you need assistance with your work schedule as well as your concerns with OneSite. We have passed on your posting to senior management. Best wishes for your continued success at AMLI.

10. 1.0
      Former Employee

Looks Great on Paper But...

Feb 13, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Class A portfolio, decent pay

Cons

Many unnecessarily rude, snobbish, and pretentious employees. Toxic company culture.

5 people found this review helpful

Recruitment Manager

Thank you for sharing your comments. I am sorry you did not have a positive experience working with us. We are disappointed to read your comments regarding our culture, especially in light of all the collaborative team efforts and company-wide support during Hurricane Harvey. I hope you shared your feedback in more detail during your employment and/or in your exit interview. You are always welcome to reach out to your AVP or Human Resources to provide additional information. Best wishes for your future success.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 19 Reviews