AMLI Residential Reviews

Found 181 of over 184 reviews

4.7
AMLI Residential Chairman and CEO Greg Mutz
Greg Mutz
Pros
  • "Great company culture and training programs(in 16 reviews)

• "I could have never expected that I would find such a great company so early in my career(in 14 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Some properties are better than others and you can tell by the pressure upper management puts on the not so good communities(in 10 reviews)

• "Community managers can literally have no maintenance background yet make vital decisions in regards to matters as such(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year
      Featured Review

Wow!

Mar 30, 2021 - Leasing Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

I’m a new employee to the company. I am impressed with the training I have received even though I started during Covid. My onsite managers have been nothing but supportive and amazing mentors. Our area Vice President is very hands on and gives personal feedback even to lower level employees like myself. The rent discount is a huge plus since base wage isn’t too high. Commission are reasonable and once you reach a million dollars in sales your commission rate increases! Although a smaller company, they offer great health insurance benefits.

Cons

Smaller company so promotions can take longer. No other real cons but I will update soon!

1 person found this review helpful

Recruitment Manager

Welcome to the AMLI FAMLI! Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. It's great to see that you are enjoying AMLI’s work environment, culture, and all the training programs we offer. Best wishes for a long and successful career at AMLI.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

A Stellar Company

May 17, 2021 - Assistant Community Manager (ACM) in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

- This company continues to promote culture in many new ways that keeps it unique, fun, and inviting - I have never experienced better communication in any other workplace. All departments work fluidly with one another while also having easy to locate & understandable policy & procedures - Direct management, including upper-management, is approachable and always happy to help - The atmosphere is generally very positive within the company itself - This company is willing to learn and implement new ideas and software, so they don't otherwise get dragged behind like some companies that are too stuck in their ways - They move at the right pace - as in their expansion (acquisition & development) of each regional portfolio gets the right amount of focus & improvement on the communities and staffing without becoming over-encumbered - They make you feel valued as an employee and have multiple opportunities for recognition - The CEO is relatable in his values and is always an optimistic, good-spirited person - There are simply far too many pros to list... if I had the time I could easily leave at least 20 pros to 1 con. All of their strong points makes it easy to stay motivated in the workplace

Cons

- Natural to the industry and not a fault of the company, this can be a busier work environment than average. Not a huge con... Time management and prioritization is key to help alleviate this, as well as good team synergy

Recruitment Manager

We are excited to read your positive comments about your work experience and the culture at AMLI. We are also pleased to hear how our teams have come together to support each other. Best wishes for your continued success!

3. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Tiny team in a medium company

Jul 26, 2021 - Systems Analyst in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Minimal oversight You're allowed to fail without costing your future too much They will create positions to keep your career track moving if they like you Yearly consistent money talks

Cons

If they don't like you, they will let you know through reviews and withholding raises Very behind in all things technical Retail jobs have better benefits All major upward mobility shifts happened recently so there's unlikely any movement opportunity for new joiners During reviews, "meeting expectations" isn't good enough and singular negative events hold more sway than singular or trends of positive events

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company to work for!

Jul 15, 2021 - Leasing Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

opportunity for growth within the company

Cons

As a leasing consultant your schedule does not have much flexibility, but that is sort of just comes along with the job

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing company

Jul 7, 2021 - Leasing Consultant in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Team work. Awesome training, lots of support from above. Relatable work environment

Cons

None currently to think about.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good company

May 25, 2021 - Assistant Manager in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company environment is welcoming with region-wide events that give a good feel for the entire company. Competitive pay with a great bonus structure. Management actually listens to employees' feedback. Good benefits for long terms employees. Opportunities for different positions within the company and promotion from within.

Cons

Corporate positions are hard to come by if you do not live in Chicago but the company is expanding so that may change in the future.

Recruitment Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write a positive and detailed review! We love to hear that our associates are enjoying their experience at AMLI. If you would like to explore more opportunities, please reach out to your manager, AVP, HR or our Training department to discuss new opportunities. Thank you for all you do as an Assistant Community Manager in Denver and best wishes for your continued success.

7. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great company to work for

Jun 20, 2021 - Leasing Professional
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work/life balance. This role also presented opportunities for occasional overtime.

Cons

There could be more regional meet ups to help strengthen relationships between communities.

Recruitment Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We have passed on your comments to our AVPS. Thank you also for your contributions while at AMLI and best wishes for your continued success.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

After 35 years this will be my first and last job

May 10, 2021 - Vice President in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

AMLI is a company that genuinely cares about its people. The culture is great. You can learn and grow here. I have worked here for 35 years and grown up with this company. This was my first job out of college and will be the job I retire for one day. I think that says it all. Opportunity is what you make of it and it is your for the taking at AMLI.

Cons

Can't think of any negatives

Recruitment Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We love reading about how much you enjoyed the AMLI culture and have had the opportunity to grow and have a successful career at AMLI. Thank you for your contributions these past 35 years, and best wishes for your continued success.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Tenure for a Reason

Jan 28, 2021 - Community Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

AMLI Residential to its core has a strong culture based on not only a commitment to the highest standard of customer service, but a deep appreciation for its employees. Along every step of the way, from being hired to being here for a while, I have felt valued and I have felt that my voice has been heard. Leadership in multiple departments has been supportive and AMLI has really illustrated its open door policy. There is a strong foundation in business practices, but a rewarding amount of work life balance. Ultimately, there is a reason so many employees at AMLI have incredible tenure.

Cons

AMLI is a small company so you do have to be patient in regards to growth and development. That's not to say it's not worth it though, because in my experience, it's been 100% worth the wait.

Recruitment Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review. We are so happy to read your comments about AMLI’s support and commitment to our employees. AMLI is a smaller company, but we work hard to provide tools and opportunities for employees to advance in their careers. It is very important to us that all employees are treated fairly and consistently. We hope that you will share more detailed feedback with your AVP or HR that will help improve our employee experience. We appreciate your dedication and contributions to AMLI over the last 10 years.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee

Leasing agent

Jun 8, 2021 - Professional Leasing Agent in Doral, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good company with great employees; attentive to there employees

Cons

no work life balance can be very intrusive into your life

Recruitment Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. Our focus on culture and recognition of employees, especially at the on-site, associate level is one of our priorities. Regarding Work Life balance – please ensure to take advantage of your vacation/personal days and check out our Wellness programs. We hope you are doing well and wish you continued success.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 181 Reviews