ADT Security Services "installation" Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

ADT Security Services Employee Reviews about "installation"

Updated Sep 18, 2019

Found 2316 reviews

2.8
ADT Security Services CEO Jim DeVries (no image)
Jim DeVries
Pros
  • "Company has pretty good benefits(in 147 reviews)

• "Great benefits, awesome team, conducive for innovation and positive multiculturalism(in 95 reviews)

Cons
  • "00 monthly plus installation for the same stuff you can buy online or a lot less without a monthly(in 93 reviews)

• "Need to give a base to sales reps(in 90 reviews)

Reviews about "installation"

Return to all Reviews

"Pathetic and frustrating"

Former Employee - Residential Sales in Montreal, QC

I worked at ADT Security Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Only one: great health plan, otherwise avoid this company at all costs, do not work here unless you are a consummate masochist and have no self respect whatsoever.

Cons

Unprofessionalism, incompetence, malicious, juvenile and just plain stupid. The HR is more interested in making sure their clothes match their shoes, managers don’t have any skills, payroll is run by chimpanzees....and if you complain about it they tell you to control your bad attitude and that you are being hostile and aggressive. There was hardly a pay where there was not a mistake. Installers are a joke and if... they don’t feel like making the installation they simply don’t and the sales person gets the chargeback. No accountability whatsoever

Advice to Management

Stop hiring idiots to run your departments Start making people accountable for their mistakes Stop sweeping things under the carpet

ADT Security Services2019-01-13

February 7, 2019

We regret to hear about your experience and appreciate you voicing your concern. We encourage all employees to discuss these situations with upper-level management and Human Resources. Our employee's happiness and commitment to safety is of utmost importance.

"Management led their top Quebec sales agent to quit after 2 years."

Former Employee - Inside Sales in Montreal, QC

I worked at ADT Security Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great coworkers. People just trying to make a living

Cons

Since ADT took over ADT there was a problem. I had been with Protectron since March of 2016 and since my first month on the sales floor I was consistently in the top 3 if not the top performing agent on any given month. A superiorr, whom I will not mention by name, is a ruthless individual with only metrics on her mind. The wellbeing of her staff is not an issue, yet as Protectron we were able to have success.... Since the ADT-Protectron-Protection 1, etc., integration was completed near the end of 2017, this company has become a nightmare to work for as indicated by their dismal Public Trading performance. I am and have always been a top salesperson at all of my employers, however being a top performer here no longer equates to being a top earner. We have literally about 50% of our sales that we sell over the phone where the installer simply never shows up to the clients house to do the job. Plain and simple; 50%. We use 6 software programs in order to make a sale, one of which takes a minimum of 20 minutes to populate the information. There are consistent return on sales we submit because of minor spelling errors and other unbelievably non-significant issues which are based on the software system AS400 being incredibly redundant and non intuitive. We use an MS-Dos program to schedule installations, which we used to have an entire department take care of, yet now falls on the shoulders of the sales team. Since it's IPO this company's one and only concern is the metrics. They want to appear good on paper, even if that means a dismal customer experience, while they talk about Customer Experience being number one. Of course that is just for their shareholder meetings, not actually put into practice. If you're a top earner they will not fight for you, nor do your opinions carry any weight, They hire management either with terrible work ethic, or a lack of understanding of any sales procedures. The upper management does not want any feedback. This company has a horrible forecast on the stock market and internally as well. A superior I was involved with strategically attempted to push me out because I was clearly dissatisfied, keep in mind I consistently earned a 6-figure income, yet I was miserable, so finally I said I can't take it and left. The customers wait on hold forever because sales peoples compensation is based largely on a sales-per-call formula, although the vast majority of our phone calls have nothing to do with sales and end up as transfers elsewhere. Everyone is being remunerated this way therefore no one wants to take calls. I have never been around such an incompetent, confused and unhelpful group of management in my life. The commissions every 2 weeks have become ridiculously low due to installers not showing up to jobs, and all of the compensation is based on a bonus system, which I'll admit has some potential, but a bonus can be altered at any moment to make it more difficult to attain. I expressed an interest in being promoted but was never spoken to about this again after my initial discussion. I was being driven out (while still performing) and took the bait and quit due to the fact that I had numerous times expressed displeasure. But I had to do what was best for myself and I have no regrets.

Advice to Management

I don't even know

ADT Security Services2018-05-11

"Sink or Swim"

Current Employee - ADT-Sales Representative

I have been working at ADT Security Services full-time

Pros

Unlimited earning potential provided you can get through the nonsense and rely only on yourself for sales and support

Cons

Sales training is laughable and mostly focuses on the pitch process rather than product knowledge. Not even a modicum of instruction provided on how to provide after sales support even during installation phase. After merger with Protectron in Canada, transparency was promised and delivered for a short time but now company is back to its old cloak and dagger ways. Firings and changes happen suddenly, sometime... without any announcement at all with staff only finding out by accident. Outdated processes and products, still stuck to cookie cutter product mentality. Almost no career advancement within company, luckily industry more than happy to poach staff.

Advice to Management

Get your head out of the 1990s and actually deliver useful changes instead of false promises.

ADT Security Services2016-08-25

October 4, 2016Content Marketing Manager

Thank you for your review. We encourage all employees to discuss their workplace concerns with their manager. Our employees are of the utmost importance to us, and we're working to make sure all voiced concerns are heard and addressed.

4. "Terrible support for employees"

Current Employee - Adt Security Sales in Chicago, IL

I have been working at ADT Security Services full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

work from home mostly; can make money if you hustle

Cons

steals leads and gives them to third party dealers; fight for commissions; little support for employees; installers don't have right parts, middle and upper management are worried about passing the buck

Advice to Management

stop stealing leads and supporting third party dealers, stop phone sellers from selling incorrect systems over the phone

ADT Security Services2019-05-29

"Horrible job, thats it. PERIOD"

Former Employee - Security Sales Consultant in Kansas City, MO

I worked at ADT Security Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

May not work everyday if that's what you want.

Cons

LIES,LIES,LIES.... Appointment makers tell the people anything they want to hear to set the appointment. Then you get there and have to try and get their trust back. Your told not to answer any of the objections until your already installed the system. Terrible business model.

Advice to Management

Be honest with the people calling in.

ADT Security Services2019-03-26

April 2, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. The happiness of our employees is always top-of-mind and we regret to hear your experience did not meet your initial expectations.

"Small Business Sales Associate"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shoreview, MN

I have been working at ADT Security Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have a good manager and you get some company-provided leads. Casual atmosphere. Enjoyable day-to-day work process. Mostly you are working in the field from home. It's a sales job so for the most part you make of it what you put into it.

Cons

The company as a whole seems very disorganized. I had to start late because someone delayed running my background report. Someone fudged my address so I never got my health HSA card, it was sent to a wrong address. I've never been fully paid my travel benefits because no one seems to know how I am supposed to sign up to receive them. Most questions regarding compensation or benefits involve me becoming a ping pong... ball between the HR Manager and my Sales Manager. I am customer service and am expected to hunt down a payment when a customer has a billing issue or a tech problem. The company actively attempts to pay you as little as possible. You don't get a salary in this role, it's commission only. Rather than assigning all phone or internet inquiries to you to help make of for this fact, the company always sells the new system or add-on parts over the phone/online to cut you out of a commission, then the installers complain it was sold all wrong as no one visited the site and couldn't have known what to sell. There is absolutely 0 team atmosphere, no one introduced themselves to me. You get the gist pretty quickly, it's a revolving door and the few veteran sales guys aren't your friends. Everyone is defensive, there are only a few team players holding down the fort. There is a ton of fishy business with who gets what company-provided leads and why. The sales rep that has been there for over 10 years gets 3x more leads than anyone else, and you aren't supposed to talk about it or ask questions, you won't get an answer. It's tough to compete in this role with such an increasingly competitive environment in this industry and the company from the top down seems focused on what worked in the past.

Advice to Management

Do more team building efforts. Either pay an hourly wage or provide all leads to your reps fairly rather than doing inefficient phone sales to allow your reps to make a realistic living while building personal relationships with your customers.

ADT Security Services2018-09-26
  7. "Sales Rep"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Bridgeville, PA

I worked at ADT Security Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There is none anymore . Company wants you to work 80 ty or more hrs a 6 day week for less pay . Used to be able to take time in between appointments to do follow ups and phone calls , Now its dispo dispo dispo leads that are over 3 or more years old . listen to managers who never work the sales position more then a year tell you how to sell .

Cons

Company been sold to Financial group that couldn't care less who's running company until they find another buyer . No future in home automation with all the fly by night companies giving it all away and Adt charging between $60.00 and $100.00 monthly plus installation for the same stuff you can buy online or a lot less without a monthly .Insurance is terrible with Bc and Bs out of Alabama nobody will take it .... Management is in total disarray . They have to give you a salary now because nobody stays more then a year anymore . If your not into kissing butt to a manager who cant even sell himself good luck ! Totally different company from 7 years ago I wont recommend this job to anyone anymore .

Advice to Management

learn how to take others like you want to be treated , Then again most managers are not even train to run a sales team .

ADT Security Services2018-09-22

"Upper Management Problems"

Current Employee - Installation Technician in Orlando, FL

I have been working at ADT Security Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Peers at the company are great to work with.

Cons

Upper management does not care about its employees. They cut installer pay by 1/3 and expect you to do more after the pay cut. Installer pay is also based on a "go-back" percentage which most go-back's can not be controlled. It is a toxic working environment and most of the installers share the same sentiment.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better.

ADT Security Services2018-09-11
  9. "Full Time Armed Patrol With Benefits- Torrance, CA"

Former Employee - Armed Patrol Officer in Torrance, CA

I worked at ADT Security Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

The ADT Benefits Package Offered

Cons

This is a terrible place to work in every way...if you're interested in armed patrol and alarm response look somewhere else...there are several great companies out there, but ADT is NOT one of them! The company is extremely cheap: patrol vehicles are in terrible condition and your co-workers in the Patrol Division are lazy and totally untrustworthy...if you forget something as minor as a notebook inevitably it will... be stolen by the next officer(s) to use the vehicle. Sergeants and Field Training Officers (immediate supervisors in the field) enjoy choosing officers to pick on for weeks on end (for their own disgusting, unethical entertainment,) often setting their victim(s) up to be punished for something that he or she DID NOT do! Officer morale was absolute terrible...we felt as though we had no support and we could definitely not trust anyone. As I mentioned before, you couldn't even trust your fellow rank and file officer. Armed Patrol Officers were rarely fired even for the most outrageous offenses and many officers who are assigned to the night shift figured out a way to disable the GPS units that were installed in patrol cars to ensure that officers kept moving (driving) and weren't stopped for prolonged periods of time (this was done in response to a years-long sleeping on the job problem.) Officers were frequently dispatched to calls that we were neither trained nor qualified to handle that are strictly are police calls: Domestic Violence, Assault With A Deadly Weapon, etc. There's very little chance that you'll ever be promoted to a higher "Rank." There are so many more terrible aspects to being an Armed Patrol Officer at ADT I could go on and on!

Advice to Management

Stop being so cheap and maintain your patrol units and other equipment well. Increase your hiring standards so you don't end up with a bunch of dishonest, lazy fools working as patrol officers. Every Sergeant needs to be fired and people with integrity need to be hired to replace them. Start firing officers that are incompetent! Lastly, CARE ABOUT YOUR CUSTOMERS!!!!

ADT Security Services2018-08-04

August 16, 2018Social Media Intern

Thank you for your review, as we take these reviews very seriously. We strive to provide our employees with a comfortable and productive atmosphere where no one feels they are treated unfairly, and we are sorry to hear you felt that was not the case during your time with ADT.

"Commercial Service Manager"

Former Employee - Commercial Service Manager in Tempe, AZ

I worked at ADT Security Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

hard-pressed to find one. Was bought out into Tyco/ADT 3 times - each time tried to escape and they bought me out again. Each time a more radical downfall than the last.

Cons

Rampant Nepotism, corruption, divisiveness, deference to shareholders rather than flesh and blood subscribers, emphasis on back-log rather than completed solutions and working systems, fighting between installation and service, fighting between sales and installation, fighting between separate service departments. The Tempe AZ location was a Back stabbing nightmare.

Advice to Management

Top down problem -

ADT Security Services2018-05-01