AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah Reviews

Updated Jun 10, 2020

2.4
AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah CEO Tim Condon (no image)
Tim Condon
Pros
  • "Dynamic company with a family atmosphere and a work life balance(in 21 reviews)

• "Great benefits and pay, usually close to the top of the market(in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • "Everyone in upper management is only worried about themselves(in 19 reviews)

• "Poor leadership starting with the CEO Tim Condon(in 15 reviews)

1. "Work Here"

Current Employee - Director in Walnut Creek, CA

I have been working at AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent team and Culture to rally around

Cons

Some leaders are still adjusting to culture

June 22, 2020

Thank you for leaving a review. We are so glad to hear that you enjoy working with great people – we agree! We’re happy to hear that your time with us has been a positive experience!

2. COVID-19

"Upper leadership lacks integrity just look at the fake 5 star reviews"

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in San Jose, CA

Pros

They rather pay someone to write fake 5 star reviews than solve the problem.I have never worked with a leadership team that lies as much and makes promises that are never delivered.

Cons

We are under a pandemic and our leadership is doing everything to set us up for failure. Your pay and even your vacation pay is directly impacted by what you sell if not you are paid minimum wage.Today all calls are set up to go to our Utah and Phoenix call center so if you are an in office agent on the new compensation plan expect to be paid that minimum wage.During our work from home the only calls we were given were DMV calls.Many agents results tanked are still tanking since quaranteen while every single call center agents results were record high.The only calls we are getting in the office are the calls that the call centers do not want to deal with and basically the leftovers of the call center.I thought we were one team at AAA then why are your front line employees being treated this way.

June 25, 2020

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review and are disappointed to read your comments regarding leadership. This is a challenging time for everyone. We care deeply about our Team Members and can assure you Leaders across our organization are working to support our teams. In our most recent annual engagement survey, we received an overall engagement score of 82% and Team Members noted open communications as one of the top values they appreciated at AAA. Additionally, our compensation plans and benefits are designed to align with industry standards. In order to ensure we are offering competitive pay and benefits, we benchmark and assess our pay and benefits every year. We will share this feedback with the appropriate teams. If you feel comfortable sharing specific recommendations, please email us at people@norcal.aaa.com or feel free to reach out to HR to discuss.

"Lack of Leadership"

Current Employee - ERS Product Manager in Walnut, CA

I have been working at AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It's now just a job

Cons

Lack of C-level leadership especially from our CEO. The C-Level seldom speaks to the common person/employee. They generally are dug into their 10 floor bunkers. It just seems as if the top leadership has no heart, no soul sadly for its employees and how the employees are feeling. Latest examples are trying to get part of the employee base back into the office. That was bungled several times with confusing emails and directives. Now, no response to the George Floyd incident that is affecting our society at large. There were just protests about 1 mile from our office HQ. And crickets from our leadership.

June 8, 2020

We appreciate your taking the time to leave a review and are disappointed to hear about your experience. This is a challenging time for everyone. We care deeply about our Team Members, Members and the communities in which we live and serve. Leaders across our organization are working to support our Team Members and communities. If you feel comfortable sharing specific recommendations, please email us at people@norcal.aaa.com or feel free to reach out to HR to discuss.

"Don't Work Here"

Current Employee - Analyst in Walnut Creek, CA

Pros

Standard Bay Area benefits and good compensation People who care Ok PTO

Cons

- Echo the sentiment of AAA hiring bosses, not leaders. Leadership shows favoritism, the same people are often promoted. - There is a reason the company score is low. Leadership doesn't care though - Ask Team Members to innovate, but actually just want people that say "yes" and then blame when things go wrong - Disingenuous leadership. This starts at the Senior Leadership Team. Over promise and under deliver

June 11, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate your feedback and are disappointed to read your comments regarding leadership. We want to assure you that Leaders across our organization are working to support our communities and Team Members. In our most recent annual engagement survey, we received an overall engagement score of 82% and Team Members noted open communications as one of the top values they appreciated at AAA. We will share this information with the appropriate teams. If you feel comfortable sharing specific recommendations, please email us at people@norcal.aaa.com or feel free to reach out to HR to discuss.

"Don't bother."

Former Employee - Technician

I worked at AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

PTO is good. Dangle pay like a carrot.

Cons

No leaders, just bosses, They hold leadership classes, but don't use anything they learned if they did learn anything at the golf course. just care about there bonuses, not the peons. Typically the same corporate bill. Less benefits every year.

May 18, 2020

We appreciate your taking the time to leave a review. We are disappointed to hear about your experience and we would like to learn more about it. If you feel comfortable please email us at people@norcal.aaa.com.

6. "Excellent place to work!"

Former Employee - Senior Accountant in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Great pay, benefits, and culture!

Cons

Weak leadership in some departments.

April 16, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate that you listed our culture as a pro. We’re happy to hear that your time with us has been a positive experience!

7. COVID-19

"Horrible place to work, dont believe a 5 star review they are not being honest"

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Decent med benefits and pto

Cons

Management is horrible, we do not have leaders we have micromanagers, the ceo and upper management are dishonest with there intentions. The comp plan for agents has constantly changed over the years in a bad way, each year additional metrics have been added to make it more difficult to acheive over inflated goals and this has a major effect on your pay check. During covid 19 lockdown agents are expected to maintain same sales goals and metrics with no adjustments being made. This is a real tell tale of what the ceo tim condon feels about the insurance agents, we all felt before that he did not care for the agents now it is confirmed. Did i mention the micromanagement it is horrific and with the work from.home it has become 10 times worse. There is so much reduntant requirements it really takes your energy away. AAA is not a good place to work unless you want a professional career that pays less than a burger flipper at in and out. If you are desperate and have no other options then this might be the place for you, if you are talented and ready to get your career off the ground go somewhere that respects its sales staff!!!!! Not AAA

April 28, 2020

We appreciate your taking the time to leave a review and are disappointed to hear about your experience. In order to ensure we are offering competitive pay and benefits, we benchmark and assess our pay and benefits every year. We are proud that no Team Members have lost their job or been furloughed as a result of this pandemic. In addition, we have provided guidance and resources to help Team Members navigate these unprecedented times. We value our Team Members and work to ensure they feel empowered to share their input. If you feel comfortable sharing, please email us at people@norcal.aaa.com or feel free to reach out to HR to discuss.

8. "Great company to work for"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Walnut Creek, CA

I worked at AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great pay, excellent PTO, full benefits, caring people to work with

Cons

Not a single one, a great place to work

March 9, 2020

Thank you for leaving a review. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed working with great people – we agree! We’re happy to hear that your time with us was a positive experience!

9. "Membership"

Former Employee - Membership

I worked at AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah full-time

Pros

The work environment and the people the culture

Cons

Membership Counselor Represent a very good

February 24, 2020

Thank you for leaving a review. We are so glad to hear that you enjoy working with great people – we agree! We are disappointed to hear about the part(s) of your experience that were negative, and would like to learn more information regarding that. If you feel comfortable doing so, please email us at people@norcal.aaa.com.

"No loyalty"

Former Employee - Accounting Associate in Sacramento, CA

I worked at AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Pay and benefits are average

Cons

Really bad leadership. More Chiefs than Indians. Do not value long time employees.

March 18, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate that you listed benefits as a pro. We definitely want to ensure that our Team Members are taken care of, especially because they work hard! We are disappointed to read your comments regarding leadership. We will share this information with the appropriate teams. If you would like to share additional information, please email us at people@norcal.aaa.com.

Found 304 reviews