7shifts Restaurant Scheduling Reviews

Updated Jun 29, 2020

4.4
7shifts Restaurant Scheduling CEO Jordan Boesch (no image)
Jordan Boesch
  1. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Product Manager

I have been working at 7shifts Restaurant Scheduling full-time

Pros

Super awesome culture and team

Cons

Nothing major that I can think of

2. "Excellent place to work!"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Saskatoon, SK

I have been working at 7shifts Restaurant Scheduling full-time for more than a year

Pros

You really feel like you are contributing to something big. Upper management clearly outlines company goals and it is easy to connect what you are working on into the bigger picture.

Cons

You'll likely encounter some code base related quirks, but we are doing everything we can to work things out and make the developer experience great!

Continue reading
  3. "Best place I've worked in my career - dream job!"

I have been working at 7shifts Restaurant Scheduling full-time

Pros

- The people and management are honestly great! Smart, fun, and driven - The work is challenging and interesting; goals for the future are motivating and exciting; I feel highly valued and trusted - Lots of opportunities to take on new projects and for advancement - Great compensation and benefits (stock options, regular salary reviews, lunches/snacks, events, gorgeous office, lots of vacation time, work from home, learning benefit, health spending account, wellness benefit) - Awesome culture; not just because of the benefits, but because I feel my team and managers support each other and care about me personally, and values aren't just a formality but are the foundation of how we do what we do

Cons

- The open office concept can sometimes be distracting

Continue reading

"Great place to work that will help you expand your skills"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saskatoon, SK

Pros

-Fantastic office environment -Ongoing support for continued learning regardless of your role in the company. The annual learning benefit is amazing, plus with so many strong employee's there is always someone to learn from. -A flexible work-from-home policy allows you to facilitate a great work/life balance -They are a certified Great Place to Work - as well as recognized as one of the best workplaces for Inclusion in 2020. Certification in this program is no easy feat and they have more than earned it with everything they offer within the company as well as hiring such a great team of motivated like-minded individuals.

Cons

-Could be a bit face paced for some, but that comes hand in hand with working at a tech startup.

"Poor Management Skills"

2.0
    Former Employee - Designer in Saskatoon, SK

I worked at 7shifts Restaurant Scheduling full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people that weren't within management were really approachable, friendly and very helpful. There's a lot of perks, like free food, drinking on the job, cool work spaces. The compensate very well and have great benefits.

Cons

Management doesn't seem to really understand how to help their team grow, mainly the juniors, and making sure they have what they need to succeed in their role. The CEO is tough to approach, rough around the egdes and doesn't seem supportive or understanding, especially when it comes to employees being let go. In design, you're really left to fend for yourself in the first few weeks. Very disheartening. Hoping that changes for the future designers.

7shifts Restaurant Scheduling Response

February 10, 2020People & Culture Manager

Hello there! Thanks for sharing your perspective with us. Although things didn’t work out, reviews like this are a great reflection for myself and the team you were apart of. I’m sorry you didn’t feel you had the support you needed to grow in your role. Given our growth from 75 people to 150 in a year, I’ll be the first to admit, we certainly don’t have all the processes in place. I think it was a great lesson for us to be careful with the level of experience we hire for, especially given the additional management support that is required for more junior roles. Since your departure, we’ve put in more management training to help level-up our managers. As for myself not being supportive or understanding when employees are being let go, I was hoping to provide some clarity - my role as CEO is to hire and empower our managers to make decisions, some of them being tough ones. Ultimately, being let go is never a good outcome, but when a company is at scale, someone like myself is not typically involved in those decisions and has to be supportive and trusting of the people that we put in place. I wish you the best in your next endeavour! - Jordan Boesch, CEO

"Great Place To Work"

Current Employee - Client Success Manager in Toronto, ON

Pros

You can build your career at 7shifts if you’re willing to work hard and take the opportunities that present themselves. We are growing quickly and those who step up will be given the responsibility to contribute at a higher level. The culture is genuinely amazing, hiring and yearly reviews ensure that we have a team in place to do the job well while creating a positive, fun and supportive work environment.

Cons

There are some cross city politics and divides as we have 2 offices in different cities. Depending on your direct Manager, you could be better positioned to advance in your career should you earn it. Some Managers aren’t as open to pushing people forward or encouraging their development.

Continue reading
  7. "The Job I've Been Looking For! Culture Matters."

Current Employee - Field Marketing Specialist in Saskatoon, SK

I have been working at 7shifts Restaurant Scheduling full-time for less than a year

Pros

Culture, the culture at 7shifts is key! That doesn't mean casual Fridays or great benefits (though the benefits are also amazing!). 7shifts has really taken corporate culture seriously. It's the kind of culture I've looked for at other companies but never found. You're applauded for challenging things, encouraged to try new things and always kept in the loop on what's going on in the company. Change happens quickly and often at 7shifts. It's fast-paced, in the best way. Upper management is approachable and genuinely cares about the happiness of employees. If you're unhappy or stressed out at work, they will work with you to improve it. Work-life balance is encouraged. Other Pros/Perks - Snacks & Drinks - Free lunch on Fridays - Great benefits - 4 weeks of vacation - Casual dress code - Unlimited work from home days

Cons

Because the company has grown so much this year we're running out of space. Meeting rooms book up quickly and some of the open spaces that once had couches are no longer a thing because we needed more space for employee desks. There's a bit of a divide between the floors, not in a negative way, but people typically stay on the floor they work on so you don't see as many of your co-workers or interact them with as often.

"An inclusive company for all—with a mission to believe in!"

Current Employee - Marketing in Saskatoon, SK

Pros

7shifts is an amazing company—both culturally and with their approach to their product. - I've been fully supported and accepted during my coming out as trans* (and my coworkers have continued to help remind people about my pronouns when someone slips up!) - Their hiring process is long but ensures that people are the right fit which keeps our culture strong and our teams focused - The processes are air-tight and allow me to focus on my top-priority tasks - Chris is the best boss I've ever had, period. We have weekly meetings to prioritize my tasks and he always offers to take things off my plate or do to the stakeholders and rework due dates if I'm slammed. He's also been a great support in any ways he can be to my personal life & struggles—which he doesn't have to be, as a boss, but I appreciate immensely! - My team is very tight-knit and high-performing, which is likely true for all the teams at 7shifts due to their focus on the right hires. I can trust that other people will work as hard as me to deliver a wonderful end result - The food caters to a variety of diets—from vegan to keto - I've been supported and encouraged to create a private mental health community for 7shifties to provide a built-in support network at work :) - It feels very product-driven and we work hard to solve our customers' problems (engagement, compliance, labor-management) and not just to get a few more dollars in our pocket -I could go on forever but I'll stop. 10/10 would (and have!) recommend my friends & family to work here.

Cons

- Needs more bathrooms! - I wish I got more face-time with the Toronto team—almost feels like different worlds -

Continue reading
  9. "Great culture and huge potential for growth!"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Toronto, ON

I worked at 7shifts Restaurant Scheduling full-time for more than a year

Pros

7shifts is very intentional about fostering a great culture. They live by their company values, treat employees with respect, work hard, and know how to have a great time!

Cons

Like any startup, things change pretty rapidly. If you are not prepared to be flexible and do what's best for the business it's probably not a great fit.

Continue reading

"Challenging environment with many paths for growth"

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Saskatoon, SK

Pros

The opportunities to learn new things, be challenged and grow are endless. I feel that I, and the work I do, are valued every day. Each day is filled with new ways to push myself as a developer and management is great at helping me plan for my future career path. It is a joy to come to work and I love all the intelligent, self-motivated people I get to work with!

Cons

Being a startup comes with its share of problems. This can create uncertainties and at times stress when it comes to the outcomes of decision making. Despite that, management is very self-aware and transparent when things don't go as planned or as quickly as anticipated.

Found 43 reviews