4Ocean Reviews

1. 4.0

Top heavy

Feb 16, 2021 - Crew Member
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company culture, great coworkers

Cons

Very too heavy management wise

2. 4.0

Good Company

Jan 10, 2021 - Customer Service Representative in Niceville, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Hires quickly, has good training program.

Cons

For temp employees does not have a good exit plan.

3. 3.0

Somewhere in the middle

Jul 20, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Despite what some of these reviews read, the co-owners did care and they did try to promote a good company culture. - Bonuses were indeed a thing - For the most part everyone was really fun to work with - Room to grow - Company shares

Cons

- First and foremost this company is a START UP, so I’d like to say that if you can’t handle a fast paced environment and working late every now and then to get a job done then do not apply. - A chunk of employees were let go, if you want facts this was due to a combination of poor budget in the past and the fact that Covid is a thing not because of performance. I unfortunately was one of them. - They move fast and time gets wasted due to poor planning.

4. 5.0
    Former Employee

Outstanding mission and great coworkers

Apr 15, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

4ocean has a great mission and is dedicated to cleaning the oceans. This company has changed the lives of hundreds of people who would not otherwise be able to find a job in their local communities. The organization has spent lots of money in order to raise awareness around ocean plastic pollution. They have donated a ton of money to non-profit organizations who also help raise awareness around plastic pollution. The people who work at 4ocean are passionate, loyal, and all around great people.

Cons

Long hours and lots of things to do at once. Didn't feel like there was job stability due to the changing market and economy. Didn't like the location of their headquarters.

5. 5.0

Fun environment

Oct 1, 2020 - Customer Advocate in Boca Raton, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fun place to work, great coworkers

Cons

The location was a bit far

6. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Horrible management and unethical values.

Jul 16, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Most of the lower level and hourly employees are fun to work with. Other than that, nothing. They are the only ones who do any work to begin with and basically run the company only to end up getting fired and replaced by higher-paid employees, directors and c-levels.

Cons

People and entire departments are constantly being fired and replaced by directors and Big-Wigs. Horrible & intimidating management, inflated egos, & communication between departments is non-existent. During the 2 years I worked here I saw so many people get fired or replaced and I had to live and work with constant uncertainty not knowing if I was the next person on their chopping block. Owners and upper management are ego-inflated. Management and directors will never take the blame but instead, find ways to inflict fear and put pressure on their subordinates. There is absolutely NO process between departments and communication/understanding of workflows is completely non-existent. Projects that require weeks of work are never planned out or explained to departments and are expected to be launched and live in the same day. Let's talk about sexism and bragging. First of you really only make real money here if you're at the top of the inverted pyramid that they're building. Managers including mine constantly brag about new personal purchases and I had to endure and sit through multiple degrading comments about women from managers with a "Bro-Culture" attitude. There are just some things you don't speak about in the workplace and letting your department know how many girls you've slept with is not one of them. These are the kind of people who sit at the top here. As the other reviews say, this is a marketing company. All they care about are conversions, turnovers, and sales. They utilize and use the ocean plastic crisis & threatened marine life to market themselves and collect profits. The "trashtracker" for the better part of almost 2 years, was a glorified "modifiable" number counter which they would update and modify to land on a specific number of pounds on a specific day for marketing purposes and email blasts so they will look good on social media. They one's who do any real work here are the cleanup crews in Haiti, Indonesia, etc, while upper management drive around in Tesla's. Management runs a dysfunctional work environment due to a lack of real-world experience before weaseling their way into Director and C-Level positions. Key stakeholders are the ones who have the least experience or knowledge in their departments at this company and the poor business decisions being made every reflect that. I've seen people jump from regular titles to upper-management and director titles within a few months. Constant talk about company growth, career growth, personal development, bonuses, with nothing to show for it. Just mumbo jumbo to keep the workers interested and eager for more at their company all-hands meetings. After living and working in fear for 2 years I was fired along with a bunch of other long-term employees who contributed a lot of their financial success. Conveniently, my boss was absent that day, and when I asked for an explanation, I was ignored and never got a response. What did I expect from a shady person? This was hands down the shadiest and most unethical place I've ever worked at. I urge people that are considering working here to think twice and pay attention to the negative reviews because they're all true.

15 people found this review helpful
  7. 1.0

Dissapointed

Apr 10, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The facilities was nice. Most employees had aligning beliefs with the company so it was easy to make friends. The CEO's always seemed friendly

Cons

A good amount of overpaid execs who would throw most of their upper management work on their employees, who then got overworked and then underpaid. There was a lot of injustice and this dramatic hierarchy in wages for a company that was aiming for such a noble cause.

6 people found this review helpful
  8. 4.0

Great company

May 16, 2020 - Headquarters
    Business Outlook

Pros

Like-minded, creative, and friendly people to work with. Flexible time off policy. In-office activities and fun things going on.

Cons

Constant overturn of executives and directors. Making decisions too quickly.

9. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great people and a great cause

Mar 12, 2020 - Project Manager in Boca Raton, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Co-workers are very welcoming, fun company events, internal hiring is preferred (interview and hired individuals working on boats to have a career in corporate) and unlimited PTO (up to your bosses discretion of course)

Cons

not really flexible on your working hours, pay wasn't great

2 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Best Job I’ve ever had!

Apr 17, 2019 - Sales Coordinator in Boca Raton, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have never worked for a company that genuinely cares more about their employees than 4ocean. I feel respected, appreciated, and challenged every day and sincerely like coming to work! There are so many perks including very flexible work hours, relaxed dress code, and they even make a fun events calendar every month where there are such events as donut breakfasts, bring your dog to work day, pizza parties and so much more! The compensation and benefits are fantastic and you can tell that 4ocean truly believes in a work life balance for their employees. I love everyone I work with and I’m helping to save the world, what could be better than that?!

Cons

Limited parking and not a ton of sunlight in the building are the only cons I can even think of- and even calling those “cons” is a stretch!

2 people found this review helpful