Find jobs for Director

Found 4 of over 40 reviews

4.0
4Ocean CEO Alex Schulze
Alex Schulze

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

1. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Incredibly Caring Leadership & Valuable Mission

Oct 14, 2020 - Director in Boca Raton, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

The leadership team genuinely cares about all of the crew members, their families and their work/life balance. The team is truly in it for the mission. Everyone here authentically cares about cleaner oceans and will do what it takes to support each other because it's a BIG job and we're still a small, growing company. There's a ton of freedom to do your job and speak up when you want to make an impact or have your voice be heard. They are super generous with giving us all time off. I've never known a company to offer so many paid holidays (12) + professional development days (4) + volunteer days (3) IN ADDITION TO PTO!! The transparency is second to none. You always know were you stand and where the business stands. Nice, new, spacious HQ with tons of room to grow - even after everyone goes back to working in the office post-Covid. Career development - there have been quite a few people who have held a variety of different jobs, been promoted, etc. You work hard and it pays off here!

Cons

Due to Covid-19 there had to be some obvious budget cuts some jobs are bigger yet we are still working with a very lean team. We are working hard to rebuild the business. As a small, growing start-up that invests a ton of money in cleaning the ocean, we have limited budgets so. have to be super scrappy, but that can be a fun challenge depending on how you look at it. The 401k match had to go away with the Covid cuts but we are hoping it comes back soon as we grow the business.

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Wonderful purpose driven company with the culture to match

Apr 26, 2021 - Director in Deerfield Beach, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Gives back every day to provide a sustainable future

Cons

Young company with plenty of room to grow

Be the first to find this review helpful

4Ocean Response

Recruiting Director

Hi there. Thanks so much for sharing. We have a big mission so there is certainly lots of room to grow! Thank you for all you do to help us clean the ocean.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Is this really where I work??

Mar 8, 2021 - Director of Purchasing and Sourcing
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits, transparency, unbelievably fun, collaborative

Cons

I cannot think of one!

Be the first to find this review helpful

4Ocean Response

Recruiting Director

Thank you for sharing your experience. It's so cool to see someone with your tenure still having an unbelievable amount of fun in the job. We know how hard everyone is working to help us drive our clean ocean mission forward and we really appreciate your hard work and your loyalty. Thank you!

4. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Apr 13, 2020 - Director in Boca Raton, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

At the core of 4ocean was a team of highly-passionate hard-working individuals who wanted nothing more than to make the world a better place. Unfortunately, "the core of 4ocean" did not include top-level executives.

Cons

Be honest with potential new hires, 4ocean is a jewelry company that utilizes the ocean plastic crisis to market bracelets. Working at 4ocean inevitably means you'll help clean the ocean, right? Wrong. Aside from the hard-working crews in Bali, Haiti, and a small team in Florida, the majority of 4ocean staff markets cheap bracelets from a tacky corporate office all year. Grossly Mismanaged. The lack of ANY real-world experience combined with the massive egos of the two Chief Executive Officers created a dysfunctional work environment and toxic culture. Poor business decisions are an everyday occurrence when experienced leaders are not trusted to perform the duties they are hired to perform. Company goals don't exist. Don't expect a five-year plan; 4ocean operates by throwing darts at massive media buys and gimmicky product development vs. growing its cleanup operations. "Key leaders" with no cleanup experience are paid excessive salaries while hard-working captains and crews are underpaid. Financial negligence resulted in numerous layoffs done with little discretion, leaving multiple employees feeling humiliated publicly. The only real metric 4ocean measures are the number of bracelets sold each day. 4ocean is a whirlwind of misinformation constructed by "key leaders" to motivate consumers to purchase bracelets. Transparency does not exist at 4ocean. 4ocean's Chief Executive Officers notoriously preach about teamwork and building a better company together, but when times get tough, it's straight to the chopping block. It's a hard pill to swallow when collectively they own five cars, two boats, one airplane, a hand full of dirt bikes, and a bunch of toys paraded around the office.

Continue reading