24 Hour Fitness "gym membership" Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

24 Hour Fitness Employee Reviews about "gym membership"

Updated Mar 3, 2020

3.3
24 Hour Fitness CEO Tony Ueber (no image)
Tony Ueber
Pros
Cons
  • "They don’t give raises ( barely minimum wage) & unfortunately the front desk reps are usually expose to danger (they’re exposed to risks)(in 95 reviews)

• "The pay for everyone not in upper management was at the least that they could possibly get away with(in 74 reviews)

Reviews about "gym membership"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great for students"

Current Employee - Customer Service Expert in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at 24 Hour Fitness part-time for more than a year

Pros

Gives you sales experience, free gym membership, meet so many people

Cons

The systems always crash, you deal with a lot of homeless or young kids trying to sneak in

24 Hour Fitness2020-03-03
  2. "Active and fun but not worth it"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Ramon, CA

I worked at 24 Hour Fitness part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Free gym membership, constantly on the move and on your feet, and most of the people I worked with were nice and I developed life-long friendships. It's really nice getting to know the regular members and being in a place that is a "second home" to me, as I have had a gym membership since 2012.

Cons

The mangement does not care how much they overwork you. Your manager might text you while off the clock and ask you to cover a shift, work OT, or even do a split shift. If you work in the child care, you are required to take a ten minute break but this is not guaranteed because of the attendant-to-child ratio restrictions. Parents of the child care will yell at you when really, what it comes down to, is how greatly understaffed 24 hour fitness is. A lot of the employees there, at least at the bay area locations, are young adults who are only working there while in college, therefore, the turn around rate is very high. Also, it's minimum wage.

24 Hour Fitness2020-01-29
  3. "Project Manager Position"

Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at 24 Hour Fitness full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

free gym membership, nice employees, new remodeled office

Cons

Not competitive pay, lack of direction, remote policy isn't structured yet

24 Hour Fitness2020-01-23
  4. "Walmart of commercial gyms."

Former Employee - Service Expert

I worked at 24 Hour Fitness part-time for less than a year

Pros

Free gym membership, cool coworkers, meet some entertaining members as well.

Cons

It’s all about the numbers! Management and corporate will portray to front desk staff that it’s about “changing people’s lives” when in reality they tell the front desk supervisors it’s about numbers. Working the front desk I’ve met all kinds of people. Some with illness, some who had just lost a family member. Some of these individuals will not want to purchase a gym membership and only try out the gym. You would think issuing a guest pass to someone who just isn’t sure yet would be ok? Nope. The first thing I hear (majority scolds) from management is, “why didn’t you close the membership sale?” Or “why didn’t you sell our expensive training from majority mediocre trainers?” I’ve had my GM come TO a guest with myself. After the guest had told us her story about her family and us trying to make her feel comfortable my GM pitched his training sales. She said no. He walked away and has never talked to her since. ALL ABOUT THE NUMBERS AND HITTING GOALS. NEVER ABOUT THE PERSON. It starts from the corporate office and works it’s way down. CEO claims to be for the people but as it trickles down to regional, district and club management it’s blatantly noticeable that hitting number goals is top priority vs having a happy customer. I have members come in and say they don’t want to speak with certain individuals, who I considered superiors, because all those individuals do is pitch sales. Management will celebrate selling a 60 pack of training just because it looks good for their numbers. Not be excited for the person they just sold it to. If you work at a top performing club like I work at, prepare to be held to standards way higher than the same level club right down the street from you. You’re district manager will be on your case over something so dumb like the shoes you’re wearing. But then you’ll go to another club that’s the same super sport level as you a few minutes from your club and it’s a whole new world. Can’t tell who works at the club cause they wear what they want. Never clean up or do the team cleans that they’re supposed to do. So if you work for a club that performs well (numbers wise); expect more visits from corporate, more stressed management that fiend to hit number goals vs if you worked for a club that wasn’t bringing in the numbers, you’ll get no visits from corporate and it’s free reign on what you wear when you show up and what you do. Now that I left this location I already know cleanliness is gonna take a big old dive bomb. Not my problem.

24 Hour Fitness2020-02-10
  5. "Easy job"

Current Employee - Front Desk Lead

I have been working at 24 Hour Fitness part-time for more than a year

Pros

Free gym membership Easy

Cons

Kind of boring during slow hours Complaints you can’t do anything about

24 Hour Fitness2019-12-17
  6. "STAY AWAY"

Former Employee - Supervisor

I worked at 24 Hour Fitness full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

We get a free gym membership

Cons

Constant change in management, people being fired left and right, never any consistency, company ownership changes a lot, frequent switches in company policy and goals, always changing their business plan -- very stressful. They treat their employees like a number and I have seen some extremely shady things happen. Lawsuits constantly being filed against company from employees. I have seen far too many people get screwed over by management and it's a highly unprofessional place to work 95% of the time. It's a joke and our HR department was a joke. Sexual harassment, bullying, basically any type of misconduct you can think of, it's happening within this company.

24 Hour Fitness2020-01-03
  7. "Decent part time job when attending school"

Current Employee - Service Expert

I have been working at 24 Hour Fitness part-time

Pros

Free gym membership, great environment

Cons

Pay is not that well

24 Hour Fitness2019-11-19
  8. "terrible"

Former Employee - Front Desk in Millbrae, CA

I worked at 24 Hour Fitness full-time for less than a year

Pros

free gym membership but that's it

Cons

you work way too much for what they pay you. corporate doesn't care about any employees and it shows.

24 Hour Fitness2019-12-03
  9. "Fun place to work, can get old"

I worked at 24 Hour Fitness part-time

Pros

Free gym membership, and generally fun environment

Cons

Money/power - hungry employees and managers

24 Hour Fitness2019-11-18
  10. "Decent"

Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at 24 Hour Fitness part-time

Pros

free gym membership, easy job

Cons

Extremely high turnover rate .

24 Hour Fitness2019-11-09