211 LA County Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

211 LA County Reviews

Updated Feb 10, 2020

4.2
211 LA County Executive Director Maribel Marin (no image)
Maribel Marin
  1. "211 LA is the Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Program Director in San Gabriel, CA

I have been working at 211 LA County full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have worked at 211 LA for over 30 years. During this time I have worked in various capacities and can say without a doubt that 211 LA is an organization that cares about their employees. 211 LA has a supportive work environment for all staff, an amazing work site wellness program, incentive programs and excellent fringe benefits. We also have an extensive training program for new hires as well as ongoing training. I love working at 211 LA because I love the people I work with and because I’ve seen firsthand the difference we make in the lives of those we serve.

Cons

We are a nonprofit and sometimes there are not enough hours in the day, so we do what we can and continue the following day. If you know how to prioritize as well as know when to ask for support you’ll be fine.

211 LA County2020-02-10
  2. "Why I love my job and 211 LA!"

Current Employee - Client Services Manager in San Gabriel, CA

I have been working at 211 LA County full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I have been with 211 LA going on 8 years in March 2020. When I initially began here, I started as a Community Resource Advisor providing direct support and assistance to the constituents of LA County. Since then I have transitioned as the Prop 47 Care Coordinator, where I was fortunate to develop a program that focused on the underserved population of ex-offenders to promote their growth both personally and professionally and am now the Client Services Manager. In my current role, I assist in developing and supporting 211 LA's technical applications that support a wide variety of social service programs and agencies. I also maintain and establish new accounts while working closely with clients to understand their program and system needs for development and implementation as well as providing comprehensive training for clients and their program members to use 211 LA's technology applications. I love working with 211 LA because we do so much for the community and internally it's like having a family that supports you, uplifts you and encourages consistent growth.

Cons

The only con I have is when there is lack of services in the community and we aren't able to assist a community member in need.

211 LA County2020-02-08
  3. "Great Launch into my Social Services Career!"

Current Employee - Program Development Manager

I have been working at 211 LA County full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've been at 211 LA for almost 2 years. I started as an Executive Assistant and have since expanded my role to Program Development Manager. In my short time here I have been impressed by the compassionate and dedicated individuals who work here and the support I've gotten in developing new management skills.

Cons

Working at a nonprofit, you often have to wear multiple hats. This can be stressful at times, but as long as you are eager to learn and organized this is no problem!

211 LA County2020-02-04
  4. "211LA Has Been Good To Me"

Current Employee - Training Manager in San Gabriel, CA

I have been working at 211 LA County full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

211L A has allowed me to grow so much. I started 20 years ago as a CRA (frontline staff) and moved my way around into different departments. Quality Assurance, Performance Coach, and now I am the Training Coaching Manager. I have been given the opportunity to grow, to learn, to be as creative as I can be in developing training for staff. I have also been able to continue with my professional development by attending a series of training opportunities and attending national conferences as not only a participant but as a trainer. Management has been good to me over the years. My direct supervisors have been great. Yes, there is a lot of work, but there is as much support as you need. You simply have to ask. 211LA is a great organization that gives you the opportunity to advance... if you want it. The benefits are awesome!

Cons

The work is challenging. It is a fast-paced environment in which it seems that there are not enough hours in the day. However, if you have time management skills, you will be fine.

211 LA County2020-02-05
  5. "Favoritism, Sexual Harassment, Low Pay"

Former Employee - Team Member in San Gabriel, CA

I worked at 211 LA County full-time for less than a year

Pros

It is a non -profit. It is ergonomically friendly.

Cons

Ceo is completely disrespectful. She also is unreasonably demanding and will expect you to answer your phone outside of working hours. Will insult and belittle you publicly. WIll ask work of you in amounts that are simply impossible and all while not be compensated or thanked for your efforts. Female employees were given pet names and this was considered acceptable by executives and HR- mind you pet names are forbidden in most codes of conducts specifically because it is sexual harassment Workers with the same title as you can ask you to take their work simply because they are too lazy to do so. Some will sit there on facebook, their personal cell phones, or shop right in front of you and say "they can do it" after the assignment was specifically given to them. I saw one girl who was an office worker doing handy work that should be done by professionals and these kinds of jobs were always handed to her. People with the same title as her were never seen doing that kind of grunge work. Older workers are rude and nothing is done about it. CEO is outright disrespectful. Her demands are completely unrealistic asks people to work outside of their job descriptions, belittles almost everyone, answer their phones from home, and not get paid for it. Women are given pet names when other job places have that expressly forbidden in their code of conduct because it is indeed sexual harassment. Senior employees are protected at all costs and all their actions go unchallenged. They use former military employees as their token "military employee" also completely disrespectful. Raises and advancement come only to those who have became friends with managers. Managers show undeniable favoritism in the way they advance and reprimand employees.

211 LA County2019-11-22
  6. "Senior Software Developer"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at 211 LA County full-time

Pros

Great team, good environment, coffee machine

Cons

Legacy code and projects, cold room

211 LA County2018-08-13

211 LA County Response

May 14, 2019Human Resources Manager

Thank you for rating us a 5 Star Employer!

7. "My Free Taxes"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in San Gabriel, CA

I worked at 211 LA County for less than a year

Pros

It was an overall pretty Great experience working for this company. The staff was nice and friendly.

Cons

The downside was, I was only working part-time, 15 to 20 hours a week. They could have offered their employees coaching tips and techniques for overall improvement and quality work. They could have offered more effective and lengthy training related to taxes so that the employees are more knowledgeable and confident in helping customers with their tax questions.

211 LA County2015-04-21
  8. "Working for this company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Gabriel, CA

I worked at 211 LA County full-time

Pros

If you care about those in need this hotline is great. Work with folks from many different backgrounds Great benefits

Cons

You need to be very good at doing multiple tasks at once You need to be very flexible and good at using computer customer service software The company has very stringent quality control

211 LA County2013-08-01

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 8 reviews