I worked at ZAG Group full-time (Less than a year)
none. none. none. none. none - does this meet the 5 word minimum?
I worked here as an Executive Assistant to the CEO - Steve Curtis. That's right, I worked closely alongside him as his lap dog, working in his apartment, managing his schedule, handling his housekeeper, setting up travel/vacation plans, etc. I sat silently beside him during private meetings and phone calls, and watched closely as he interacted with his employees and myself. There were so many CONS - I don't know where to start.
1. Steve claims to have cured himself of a terminal cancer. The first person in the world to cure cancer naturally through plants and traditional herbs. He literally has the biggest goldmine of the 21st century and the modern world in the palm of his hands. BUT he doesn't sell the herbs, or the formula or license any of this..... strange, right? when something smells fishy, looks fishy, sounds fishy.. its probably fishy.
2. Other employees have claimed the company doesn't pay contractors - actually, what they do is they offer you basic hourly wage to work with Steve in a "paid working interview" where the work mostly consists of listening to Steve's tangents and getting barked at by Tara. At the end of this "working interview" they offer you a contract. But you don't want to take the job, so you don't sign the contract. But then they won't pay you for working until you sign the contract.... uhmm what?
3. No training, no support, no good working environment. As his Executive Assistant, you work in his tiny 500 sq ft apartment with three other people. You are expected to use your own laptop and make international calls with your own cell phone and purchase lunch for Steve and his minions with your own money - and you are compensated for $0. (back to the "no training or help" - try to ask Tara a question, and Steve cuts in with "figure it out on your own, Tara doesn't get to help you"... first hour into the job, great impression. You're given work without any background, any information, any contacts and told to "figure it out".
4. While 90% of the day is listening to Steve talk, the other 10% is doing nonsensical stuff ie. contact this wizard online to ask about this magic wand, design a family crest ring, order headphones, buy me a tv stand.... again, all without any compensation for the phone calls or products.
5. I have watched Steve cut off people speaking in a meeting and kicked us ALL out of his apartment - because he wasn't pleased with the presentation. a little over dramatic, rude, and immature, don't you think?
6. Days are not structured, no agenda or organization. You jump from one thing to another to another within minutes.
Don't be fooled by his story of making millions. Please do your research - Steve is constantly inflating how much money his company is bringing in cause he actually has no idea. Take into account the lies, the lawsuits, the dirty article written (which he PAID to have removed - Steve Curtis is one Shady Businessman), the drug (liquid kratom) he's trying to distribute - and all together this is a SHADY company. Stay away, I was lucky to get out early - immediately after I left, I saw them looking for another EA (actually I think they're still looking). I guess no one sticks around for long.
Advice to Management
Steve speaks down to EVERYONE. I've heard him say things like "I have a $30 million net worth and this is how you treat me?" ... heres a life lesson for you, Steve. It doesn't matter how much money you have. Even if you were the richest man on earth, no one will never respect you for the way you treat and speak to the people around you. Seriously.
I applied online. I interviewed at ZAG Group (Vancouver, BC) in December-2016.
Called in last minute to meet with CEO at his apartment. Walked in with one girl on her laptop (Tara B), one girl being interviewed and Steve Curtis reading about how great Kratom is. Was hounded by questions from Steve, Tara AND the other girl being interviewed!!