I have been working at Royal London full-time (More than 10 years)
- Fully Supportive CEO & Exec Team, encouraging innovation and flexible working
- Focus on development and success of individuals as well as the Group as a whole
- Continual drive to improve
- Supportive and friendly work family (employees)
- Open, honest and transparent environment where feedback is welcomed
- There are some pockets across the group where the above pros may not be recognised by all employees. This is disappointing/frustrating and can only be changed/influenced by the leaders in those areas.
Advice to Management
- Commitment to the company can lead to the high performers over-working and sometimes compensating for others. This can result in poor home-life balance and is something which should be addressed. Some people may need help to switch off.
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Royal London (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in October-2017.
There was 4 parts, introduction, group discussion, 121 telephone role play and competence based questions , which there were quite a few and there were no uestiobs to ask why I would like to change from what Ian doing at the moment to a customer serivce consultant ☹️
Take a look at the latest instalment our broadcast television campaign to promote Helping Hand, a service that gives customers access to a dedicated nurse as soon as the policy starts. Find out more here: http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vQeWC
Take a look at the latest instalment our broadcast television campaign to promote Helping Hand, a service that gives customers access to a dedicated nurse as soon as the policy starts. Find out more here: http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vQee7