- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
Mission: Respawn Entertainment is a AAA video game development studio that was founded in 2010 and acquired by Electronic Arts in 2017. Respawn aspires to create innovative hit games that leave a lasting impact for gamers worldwide. Our shipped work includes the critically acclaimed
I worked at Respawn Entertainment full-time (More than 3 years)
- Respectful team
- Considerate management
- An abundance of passion
- Lots of team building events, such as parties, sports groups, etc.
- Transparent -- anyone could find out and learn about almost anything
- Achievements beyond expectations are recognized and rewarded
- They've figured out how to make live-service development pleasant and avoid many of the usual issues
- Lots of different lunch groups -- everyone likes to make you feel like you belong
- Lots of interdepartmental conversation -- both social and professional
- Lots of interaction between the different Respawn game teams
- Constant playtesting, including "Friday Night Fights" where I always had a fun time
- Plenty of growth opportunities
- Access to EA's massive network of developers, information, tools, etc. Want to learn how Battlefield did that cool thing? You can ask the person who did it.
- Management is very receptive to change.
- Personal project policy is very restrictive.
- Despite team sizes being relatively small, it can sometimes feel more "big stable game company" than "small exciting game company."
I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Respawn Entertainment.
I had a non-technical phone interview. The interviewer was nice. Was given a week to finish coding test on Hackerank with 4 parts. First three parts were easy. Last one was tricky because you have to make the code efficient to run on Hackerank.
Happy 10 Year Anniversary! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvECKXrAxPM
Our upcoming Star Wars game, Jedi: Fallen Order, will have its first reveal at Star Wars Celebration this Saturday! Tune in at 11:30am PT/1:30pm CT to see and hear more details about the game: http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vM5ec