Mission: Our mission at Nando’s is to always deliver the ‘Nando’s experience’ to our customers
I worked at Nando's UK part-time
- Fun, friendly, and youthful atmosphere amongst staff
- The tips went towards "Nando's Family" days out, which helped boost morale. These were days given off to everyone in the store to hang out i.e we went bowling, had a BBQ etc. (other Nando's store staff cover the restaurant)
- Even if you're under 21, you earn the minimum wage of a 21 year old
- You get free chicken
- Other restaurants tip better as you don't take orders at the table, so it's not as personable
- I experienced some rota issues with the person in charge of organising it, but nothing that couldn't be sorted out
Advice to Management
I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Nando's UK (Dundee, Scotland (UK)) in September-2016.
Personally went into restaurant and handed CV. Lucky to have one of the supervisors there who asked me just a few personal questions on the spot, then said they'd contact me. One day after got a phone call from manager asked to come for a face-to-face interview. 2 days after the interview, got a call to be informed that I got the position.
The sky's the limit when thinking of ways to raise funds for Nando's Fighting Malaria. Quite literally for our Preston team
“I have helped grow our business successfully, made some friends for life, been to so many parties that I can't count and the most special thing of all is that I have grown as a person. A better person. One who lives by our values, not just at work but on a daily basis” – Vikki, a Manager in Preston
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –