Mission: Fiercely Independent.
Community is everything.
We make games that don’t suck.
We say these things a lot at East Side Games. We decide what games get made at our studio. We involve our community at every ...
I have been working at East Side Games full-time (More than 5 years)
- The people!!! Everyone contributes a unique kind of awesomeness that is celebrated and welcomed.
- Strong commitment from execs to push for more female representation at the studio (currently at ~25%) and for women's rights in general.
- Sincere concern for individuals' health and wellness. Promote mental health awareness around the office, pay for 1 yoga and spin class per week, 2 crossfit type class per week, and 1 meditation and Floathouse session per month.
- A genuine interest in corporate social responsibility #ESGcares...supporting women in the Downtown Eastside (Crabtree Corner), SPCA, LGBTQ rights, fostering community within the indie tech scene.
- For feedback, at times you hear more "Things you can work on" rather than "Things you are doing well." It would be nice to be given more positive feedback on a more frequent basis.
- The office space is becoming a little cramped. There are only 2 meeting/boardrooms and for a studio of ~75, only 3 washrooms. The line ups can be a bit ridiculous. They are currently looking to relocate to a bigger space, but probably not until 6+ months away.
Advice to Management
Continue to push #ESGcares and set new standards for what a company can do and accomplish outside of products and revenues. Encourage managers to give up some more kudos more often.
I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at East Side Games (Vancouver, BC) in May-2016.
Started with a phone interview, then a 1:1 with the Talent Acquisition employee, then in the same span an interview with the team I'd be working with. After that I received another interview to meet with their Office Culture Manager and one of their Founders so they could determine if I was a culture fit. The same day I was contacted with a Job Offer.
The weekend is over, but our team is busier than ever! We're adding a Community Representative to manage our community engagement! Join our humble and oh-so-popular team as you engage with our players in the mobile community! http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vQezM
The weekend is over, but our team is busier than ever! We're adding a Community Representative to manage our community engagement! Join our humble and oh-so-popular team as you engage with our players in the mobile community! http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vQezQ
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –