Mission: Fiercely Independent.
Community is everything.
We make games that don’t suck.
We say these things a lot at East Side Games. We decide what games get made at our studio. We involve our community at every ...
I have been working at East Side Games (More than a year)
- Everyone is super amazing to work with! Never loved a group of people that I've worked with more.
- The studio layout is very open, making communication incredibly easy and efficient!
- There are many incentives promoting health and wellness in the studio.
- Regular opportunities to be kept in the know of what's happening on current and upcoming various projects
- There are a few projects that were made using older technologies. (Thankfully, this is changing!)
- There are a few projects that feel as though they have been forgotten with no updates on their future.
Advice to Management
While all the projects that we are working on are fun projects to be on, it would be nice to see a little more focus on existing projects given the size of our studio. Just feels like resources are being spread out a bit too thin.
I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at East Side Games (Vancouver, BC) in May-2016.
Started with a phone interview, then a 1:1 with the Talent Acquisition employee, then in the same span an interview with the team I'd be working with. After that I received another interview to meet with their Office Culture Manager and one of their Founders so they could determine if I was a culture fit. The same day I was contacted with a Job Offer.
Looking for our next Intermediate Software Engineer! Must love all things 📱 🕹 (aka mobile games) Be sure to apply through the link!
Officially on the lookout for a Lead Software Engineer - Unity! Interested? Be sure to apply here: http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vQP7N
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –