Mission: Improve the everyday life of people and businesses by reducing and controlling their spending on energy through our commitment to the following three core values: trust, respect and the constant pursuit of excellence.
I worked at DNE Resources full-time (More than 5 years)
- A deep-rooted culture of continuous learning
- Mentors at every level of the company, with each truly invested in your development
- Family culture where efforts don't go unnoticed and favours are returned
- Steep learning curve to grasp the industry dynamics and skills necessary to succeed
- Coming from a 9-5 job that entailed only ~3-4 hours of solid work/day, this was a shock (but the old place didn't have the play room for breaks)
- They want and expect you to succeed, so repeated and ongoing disappointments regarding fulfillment of your tasks are addressed in a caring manner at first, but eventually are dealt with swiftly once they perceive the motivation and shared values are no longer present in the individual
Advice to Management
- Recognizing that their commitment to a shared code of values can sometimes lead to a suboptimal outcome for them and the company; that is to say, people are different in how they view success and life fulfillment, and mgmt could accept that fully first, clearly layout what they expect second, and not expect the gap between the employee's life-view and mgmt's to change over night (or over years even), then I believe they could go farther in their goal to change the energy industry and develop more talented ambitious individuals along the way.
I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at DNE Resources (Montreal, QC) in July-2016.
Sent in my C.V. and was contacted reasonably quickly. Set an appointment to be interviewed a day later. Met with the hiring manager for the sector I would be working in, asked a couple standard questions regarding previous work experience. Discussed what the job would entail. A few psychological questions to understand your temperament and then discussed how it would affect your job performance. Asked for 2 references and then said they would get back to me. Started to work there less than a week later.