I have been working at Central Garden & Pet full-time (Less than a year)
- Interview process was expedient, with an interview agenda routed in advance and great communication throughout.
- Received a lovely welcome package at home after accepting offer.
- On-boarding was efficient, with clear communication and easy-to-follow process of reviewing and completing assigned tasks.
- Team was welcoming and supportive, with thoughtfully guided on-boarding meetings and access to all the necessary resources to get acclimated.
- Management is smart, pragmatic and accessible. Projects are approached thoughtfully and timelines are measured and realistic, with contributors expected to be accountable for their work and
- Commute from Oakley/Brentwood area has gotten a lot worse lately, making the drive unfortunately longer than anticipated.
- Corporate Environment - Business Professional with casual Friday; would benefit from a more casual atmosphere.
- Would love to see the company embrace a more flexible work from home policy with teams so distributed across the Country.
Advice to Management
Continue to invest in digital and ecommerce resources and technology, and keep empowering the smart individual managers you have hired to successfully drive the business into the future of Garden & Pet commerce.
I applied online. I interviewed at Central Garden & Pet (Madison, GA (US)) in June-2017.
Very professional and in depth. I participated in a phone pre-screening interview with talent acquisition, phone interview with head of research, and final interview with upper management of the division in which I was applying for a position. All were conducted in a very professional manner with excellent questions to enable me to provide the detailed information on my background/experience.
Central Garden & Pet increases 401k company match plus adds a profit sharing plan for non-bonus eligible employees! Beginning January 1, employees will receive a match of up to 3% of their earnings when enrolled in our company 401k plan. In addition, enrolled employees who are not part of a bonus plan may receive up to a $500 yearly deposit into their 401k account based on company performance. It's a great time to join Central!
Three for Free! Central Garden & Pet increases 401K company match and adds yearly profit sharing bonus! Central cares about their employees and wants to help them build their retirement savings. Beginning in 2019 employees who contribute at least 3% of their pay to their 401k account, will receive a 3% match. In addition, employees who are not on a bonus plan will receive yearly profit sharing deposits into their active 401k account!