I have been working at Central Garden & Pet full-time (Less than a year)
- Interview process was expedient, with an interview agenda routed in advance and great communication throughout.
- Received a lovely welcome package at home after accepting offer.
- On-boarding was efficient, with clear communication and easy-to-follow process of reviewing and completing assigned tasks.
- Team was welcoming and supportive, with thoughtfully guided on-boarding meetings and access to all the necessary resources to get acclimated.
- Management is smart, pragmatic and accessible. Projects are approached thoughtfully and timelines are measured and realistic, with contributors expected to be accountable for their work and
- Commute from Oakley/Brentwood area has gotten a lot worse lately, making the drive unfortunately longer than anticipated.
- Corporate Environment - Business Professional with casual Friday; would benefit from a more casual atmosphere.
- Would love to see the company embrace a more flexible work from home policy with teams so distributed across the Country.
Advice to Management
Continue to invest in digital and ecommerce resources and technology, and keep empowering the smart individual managers you have hired to successfully drive the business into the future of Garden & Pet commerce.
I applied online. I interviewed at Central Garden & Pet (Madison, GA (US)) in June-2017.
Very professional and in depth. I participated in a phone pre-screening interview with talent acquisition, phone interview with head of research, and final interview with upper management of the division in which I was applying for a position. All were conducted in a very professional manner with excellent questions to enable me to provide the detailed information on my background/experience.
Central has purchased General Pet Supply, a family-owned, Midwest-based distributor of pet food and supplies. Founded in 1959, General Pet is similar to our Pet Distribution business, and is focused on providing superior customer service for the pet specialty and veterinary markets. With over 350 employees, General Pet sells over 14,000 products from 120 different manufacturers through its 6 branches – Milwaukee, WI, Minneapolis, MN, Dayton, OH, St. Louis and Kansas City, MO, and Wichita, KS, with corporate offices in Milwaukee.
The addition of General Pet is strategically important to Central. With the addition of the company, Central expands its geographic footprint giving us unparalleled distribution and growth capabilities in the pet industry. We enthusiastically welcome General Pet and its employees to the Central family and look forward to all the accomplishments we will celebrate together!
Three for Free! Central Garden & Pet increases 401K company match and adds yearly profit sharing bonus! Central cares about their employees and wants to help them build their retirement savings. Beginning in 2019 employees who contribute at least 3% of their pay to their 401k account, will receive a 3% match. In addition, employees who are not on a bonus plan will receive yearly profit sharing deposits into their active 401k account!