I have been working at Blacks Outdoor Retail full-time
Some good people working at lower levels.
- Management are lazy and abuse their 'status'
- Staff constantly expected to change, cover and do extra hours
- Spoken to in a very degrading manner by senior employees.
- Very little praise, constant negative focus whereby management call select staff out for not performing as per the paper figures.
- Poor place to work overall, if you want to work retail you can find more relaxed and well run companies where the work environment is much friendlier and therefore more engaging.
Advice to Management
Treat your staff better. Set an example from the top. Seeing management prance around all day handing out disciplinary forms for next to nothing does not make people respect you or want to work for you. Ever wonder why staff turnover is so high?
I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Blacks Outdoor Retail in May-2015.
Standard application through the company website, cv, cover letter and a picture. It took two weeks to receive an invitation to the interview and a group assessment. Interview was only 20min but we also had a 30min group exercise.
No negotiation. Be enthusiastic and thoughtful.
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –