Mission: Our Values:
We have a mindset for growth and play an active role growing the use of Perl, Python, and Tcl in communities and within enterprises.
We value working with others and work cooperatively as a team, with our customers and ...
I have been working at ActiveState full-time (Less than a year)
* Genuine people and friendly work environment
* Very transparent with good communication around expectations, goals, responsibilities
* Lots of great perks like a bonus system, stock options, health credits, Friday lunches and social events
* The company acknowledges and awards excellence
* Great importance placed on hiring for cultural fit so retention is good and morale remains high
* Lots of talented individuals working on cutting-edge tech
* Could be some improvement in interdepartmental communication
Advice to Management
Keep doing what you're doing. Continue to focus on hiring the right people and making sure everyone feels valued.
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ActiveState (Vancouver, BC) in January-2014.
Very pleasant interview experience. Talked with decision-makers in my department on the phone and in-person at their office in Vancouver. All the people were warm and welcoming, the overall process was stress-free, and all my questions were answered.
♀️Join @WWCodeVancouver on Aug 23rd at the ActiveState HQ for an interactive panel discussion on how women can make their voices heard in tech!
We're hosting a meetup for Vancouver Software Development Managers Wed, July 18th. This roundtable is a follow up to Andy McKay's engaging discussion on collecting developer metrics.
Join us for some thought-provoking discussion and meet some of the ActiveState team.
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –