- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
Shopify Waterloo, ON isn't hiring right now. Check out all Shopify jobs
Shopify Waterloo (85) 85 Willis Way Get Directions
I worked at Shopify full-time (More than 3 years)
- brilliant, entrepreneurially minded people who are inquisitive
- developed lots of great friendships with folks who achieve big things and are generally awesome
- values high self awareness and constant personal development; if you're a junkie for lifelong learning - you will love the massive library of tools and general language used in work related conversations
- tons of benefits + perks
- great if you're prone to ADD/ADHD tendencies as things shift so quickly to trends and company hyper-growth stage in its business cycle; likely you will thrive as you really need to juggle so much and understand a lot of "context"
- folks adapt quickly to this exciting space; lots of resilience building
- typical golden handcuffs problems faced by any big tech firms with shiny perks and paycheck
- not for someone who wants structure
- ^ yet ironically, there's a big emphasis of hiring mid managers externally to help with mgmt challenges -- there's a shift of structure being placed, and messages from top-down are not the clearest
- people can drink the Shopify Kool-aid and there is a level of obsession and heavy hustle mentality instilled (i.e., people work long hours and stay online) in order to be successful -- insecure overachievers beware in order to balance sanity and health
Received an email to book technical question. No introduction. No discussion with HR.
Interviewed with a very rude Engineer Manager for this role in Waterloo.
The algorithm question was very simple but the hiring manager did not say a word or answer any question.
The HR refused to give any feedback.
In general, those people need to learn more to respect people's time more. There are lots of greater companies out there who have a way more polished hiring process.