- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
Employees rate Cambridge 5.4% higher than the overall average
I have been working at AstraZeneca full-time (More than 3 years)
Pay is above Cambridge averages. Good culture and lots of potential for career development. Excellent first experience at working for a FTSE 100 company.
There can be a face-time culture in some areas. Some people are permitted to under perform and no action appears to be taken, this is most clearly present with some IT contractors.
Advice to Management
Threats to AZ's long term sustainability may come from some unconventional places. To protect against these threats you will need to improve the quality of your recruits, and broaden the horizon of your threat analysis. Become intentional about encouraging flexible working arrangements.
I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)).
Assessment Centre - Full Day.
1) Panel gave presentation with overview of the company and of the interview process.
2) Talking to current graduates.
3) Presentation + questions.
4) Group activity.
5) Lunch with interview panel.
6) Traditional interview based on my skills and past experience and related questions around AZ core values.
7) Technical exercise.