Technical project manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Find jobs for technical project manager

Technical project manager Interview Questions

technical project manager interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Had me go through a Project Management case study which apparently is a real one that they are struggling with. The case study was two column layout from Excel , one column had bunch of acronyms and the other column had Epic 1 through Epic 8 or something. I was told to go solve the problem on a white board, the project has to be delivered in 12 weeks.

1 Answer

As a PM in real world I ask lots of questions before I decide on a solution. Exactly what I did, I got some clarification what the acronyms meant - they represented teams name in their Beijing Office, Toronto Office, Vancouver office etc. I proposed what a typical PM would do , prioritize the tasks, optimize resources, hire fire as needed, pay overtime if required, consult Subject Matter Experts, Outsource part of the project , renegotiate delivery time line with stakeholders as a last resort etc etc,. None of my answers satisfied the panel and they would just tell me- not allowed, not allowed.

Why are you leaving your present function?

1 Answer

Several questions involved my ability and willingness to perform specific duties within their organization.

1 Answer

How much notice period do you need?

1 Answer

More on design how to scale, what architecture I would use for a web, how would I build a image upload site, messaging, queues etc

1 Answer

Was asked all kinds of manager types questions, product etc motivations etc

1 Answer

Tell me a situation where you handled conflicts in your last projects?

1 Answer

How would take and execute a product idea?

1 Answer

We conducted a role-playing exercise to see how I might interact with an external partner.

1 Answer

What do you think have been the most innovative contributions to telecommunications specifically with unified communications?

110 of 37 Interview Questions