Software engineer Interview Questions in Scotland | Glassdoor.ca

Software engineer Interview Questions in Scotland

software engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Implement the battleship game

3 Answers

Clearly didn't make it very far in the Big 4 application process if you think Skyscanner's interviews were as hard as them.

Clearly you didn't understand my point, which is not that the interview is hard, by the way.

There's quite an extended back and forth in actual interviews for questions like this, so nothing quite like real practice. The Prepfully Skyscanner Software Engineer experts have actually worked in this role, so they're able to do an honest-to-God accurate mock, which really puts you through the paces. prepfully.com/practice-interviews

Three children aged 16, 13 and 8 are given an allowance by their father. Their father has £200, made of only £10 bills. The allowance is based on the child's age; the 16 year old should get double the 8 year old. How can the father distribute the £10 notes fairly?

2 Answers

Pair-programming

2 Answers

Are you currently applying to other companies?

1 Answer

Can you explain to us what the first few steps of your creative process looks like?

1 Answer

Their lack of prep and poor grasp of technology meant that we didn't get as far as asking questions. If they can't get basic video-conferencing to work, how on earth are they going to build a software product? I've met some unprepared companies in my time, but this was one of the worst.

1 Answer

Usage of Mod ReWirte in Apache?

1 Answer

Very general questions about the software development process. No questions that were relevant to the skills being sought, even though they were pretty specific skills.

1 Answer

Do you know what DevOps is

1 Answer

What can you add to your BlackJack algorithm to increase its chances of winning against a human opponent?