Program Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Program Manager Interview Questions

Program manager interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What is the difference between a risk and an issue?

3 Answers

This is classic project management professional terminology, which I knew. But since I'm not a PMP I didn't know the precise definitions so I didn't try to bluff it. In the real world the two things are so different that you can't really point out what the differences are. I was left doing a goldfish impression - mouth opening & closing.

An issue is an actual problem which is (negatively) impacting your project. A risk is an unknown or potential future event -- can have negative OR POSITIVE impact (yes!) and may or may not occur.

In Jeopardy you wouldn't get the money! That doesn't say what the difference is, it says what each of them are, but yes a reasonable response can be extrapolated from that (my resume did say "attention to detail" even if it didn't say "PMP"). Non-PMP's will probably laugh at the concept that risks can be positive because in any normal dictionary they are only about negative things ("exposure to the chance of injury or loss; a hazard or dangerous chance"). That PMP speak doesn't term them "uncertainties" instead of "risks" is risible.

Tell us about your employment journey

1 Answer

The manhatten problem. There are several Groups of People in a city-grid. How do you find the easiest place for them to meet? The easiest means the place that is the least amount of effort for the least amount of people.

1 Answer

What is something positive that noone would say about you?

1 Answer

Provide an overview of your current customers including revenue forecast and expected margins.

1 Answer

*Explain _technical term__ to a 5 year old.

1 Answer

What is the difference between a process and a thread? What makes it possible to share data between two threads and how would you do it?

1 Answer

What value could I bring to Job, or why should air canada hire me.

1 Answer

Sounds pretty simple and I guess I should have expected it, but the question "where do you see yourself in 5 years" caught me off guard a little bit. Later on I found out that they ask this in every interview and really take into consideration people's answers.

where do you want to be in 5 years