Hardware engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Hardware engineer Interview Questions

hardware engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

There were some general questions related to my projects and my experiences. Some technical questions that I can remember are: 1) Given a diagram of some basic arithmetic operations and asked to simplify it. Basically, you try to reduce the area by utilizing one less multiplier. A follow up question was given the latency for each operation and ask how to improve the latency. The answer is basically to pipeline the combinational circuit by using flip flops to split into to stages. 2) A basic timing question regarding the max frequency the flip-flop can operate at given the various D-Q, C-Q, hold and t-combination timings. Then a follow up question asks if one of the time is changed, how would it affect the circuit. Basically the answer is to reduce the frequency to allow correct operation. Another follow up was if the hold time is not satisfied, would changing the clock frequency help. The answer to that question is no and to get that answer you need to draw the timing diagram and see that changing the frequency does not help. 3) Another question involving multiple flip-flops and asked to draw timing diagram of various points in the circuit. 4) A buffer over-flow problem and how to solve it. Basically, you had to figure out that the input side of buffer is writing at a higher rate than the reading side of the buffer. Basically, you had to delay the sending function for a period of time after sending certain amount of packets of data.

A block diagram was given at the end with CAN Bus and a bunch of other blocks. How would you test this system?

1 Answer

Of course relevant experience. One more interesting question was to how would I organize the team to function efficiently.

1 Answer

Q: Explain about your role and responsibilities at your previous work?

1 Answer

How would you store varying voltages into a microcontroller to be processed?

1 Answer

C program, Verilog codes , IC related questions.

What are the 3 states for tri-state buffer

1 Answer

Walk me through your previous work experience and projects

1 Answer

Mainly discussing my CV and previous work Asking about some design choices to enhance performance and area Implement an edge detector using verilog

1 Answer

Q: What is your experience and how does it correspond to the position you've applied for?

110 of 105 Interview Questions