Equity Research Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Equity Research Associate Interview Questions

Equity research associate interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

If you were a lumber producer, would you prefer interest rates to rise or decline ?

1 Answer

Decline, as it would lead to housing demand. People will finance their mortgages at lower rates rather than higher rates.

If Company A buys P,P and E for $10 million, what are the effects on the financial statements at the start of year 1 and the end of year 1?

1 Answer

How would you rate the relative importance of your relationship with the following 3 different types of clients? Rate them from most important to least important and tell me why: 1) the companies that you cover, 2) institutional investors, 3) the internal sales and trading desk.

1 Answer

Take a look at this (a print out with some financial information about a random company) and tell me about this company?

1 Answer

Were you aware that both I (hiring manager) and my associate worked at a competitor shortly before coming to TD?

1 Answer

In the face-to-face interview, they asked technical questions for sure. Questions like stock pitch and market news came without any doubt and can be very detailed. Technical test was about financial modelling, valuation, financial statements and writing.

Talk about your views on the Aerospace/Transportation sector.

Most difficult is to pitch a stock, because you are pitching to a professional. I suggest choosing a name in the sector even though they will know the most about it because it shows interest and that you are not trying to dodge hard questions.

Describe your accounting and equity valuation experience

110 of 23 Interview Questions