empire events & solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

empire events & solutions Interview Questions

Interviews at empire events & solutions

2.0

Public Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at empire events & solutions (San Diego, CA (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

I received a text asking me to come in for an interview, and I did. The interviewer was very busy with incoming phone calls and texts the whole time, and basically asked me to interview him then TOLD me I was coming in for a second interview the next day...it did and it was more of a sales pitch than an interview. Come to find out, you stand outside of a Walmart and others places and ask for donations. It was very misleading that they stated it was the DARE program rather than the "events company". It's also commission based pay.

Client Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at empire events & solutions (San Diego, CA (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

First round interview was pretty short, just a basic run down of the company. The second round was a more detailed explanation of the company's goals for their new hires (to reach management in 5-7 months). They really didn't ask too many questions - they say they're expanding from 9 to 300 offices in the U.S. in the next two years so it kind of seems like they're hiring almost everyone.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for out of this position?   1 Answer

Brand Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

Interview

Positive experience, very glad I accepted the offer. Person interviewing was very professional and got to know me as well as asking about my goals and where I see myself in 1 year and 5 years.

Event Management Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at empire events & solutions.

Interview

This company is basically a pyramid scheme. "Employees" work completely on their own and gaining money for the company and then are paid only on commission. You're basically paying them to work and then they give you back a small portion.

The interview was not for an event management position as was listed but rather for a sales position - purportedly raising money for DARE (i don't know if the are or aren't).

The interview experience was not even helpful practice, as the man didn't even ask questions. Don't waste tour time here!

Event Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at empire events & solutions in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very easy. I got an interview within 2 days of applying, and the owner was very nice. I enjoyed seeing how she explained what the position was and I was able to ask further questions the hiring manager took the time to explain the different duties and roles within the company, as well as the advancement opportunities that are available within the company.

Entry Level Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at empire events & solutions (Pleasanton, CA (US)) in December 2015.

Interview

It was short and sales pitchy... Do your research before going. Not discouraging anyone to go, just not my cup of tea. Been to one of these things before... basically the first interview is the bait. The second interview is the hook. I know I'm being vague but I just got a weird vibe. Not that desperate for a job.

Entry-Level Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at empire events & solutions (Pleasanton, CA (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process was pretty quick. They ask you to bring your resume to the interview and it does not look like they looked at the resume at all. Pretty much they work with DARE and you're going to be one of those people that promotes DARE at a table outside of Safeway.

Entry-Level Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at empire events & solutions (Pleasanton, CA (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

The first interview process was relatively short. He basically stated that Empire is the official partner of DARE. While DARE is non-profit, they are FOR-PROFIT. The second interview is the same thing, but longer... it was short, simple, and to the point. There were so many candidates in a tiny office space that we had to go to the nearest Starbucks or Peet's to be interviewed.

So, I applied for an entry-level marketing position, right? I understand that this company is a fundraising organization, but I'd rather not be part of this pyramid scheme where I stand around all day, tell people about DARE, and hopefully get money to reach my goal for day. Did I mention that whatever money I get a day will be cut 30%? Did I mention that this job is performance-based and commission only? Oh, and did I mention that this is a 8am - 6pm, Monday through Saturday, schedule? Basically, you go out there to Foster City, San Mateo, San Jose, etc. and stand there... yes, that is what you will be doing.

No surprise that they didn't bother to call back. If you get an e-mail from Empire Events/Universal Events/DARE... don't bother! Unless you are desperate for a job!

Entry Level Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at empire events & solutions (Pleasanton, CA (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

My interview experience was great. I've never been so comfortable in an interview! I wasn't sure if i would get the job as there were other sharp looking people also waiting to be interviewed. When it was my turn to be interviewed my nervousness left after the first few questions. I felt that he explained the business in an understanding way. Overall great interview!

Interview Questions

• They asked a few questions about my work back ground and experiences. Also questions about my goals.   Answer Question

Entry Level Management Public Relations and Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at empire events & solutions (Pleasanton, CA (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

They sit you down and describe the company, which is basically D.A.R.E and you start out working the tables in front of stores or shopping areas and ask for donations. It is a pyramid type of system. I was basically guaranteed a second interview, which would be sitting with another person describing the daily activities. I did not go to the second interview

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.